Author Topic: Ladder Question  (Read 3739 times)

Offline oldnslo

Re: Ladder Question
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 07:07:15 PM »
Why fall, when you can watch others fail!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 10:56:14 PM »
It is amazing how many people don't know how to properly use a ladder. Now we know why there are so many warning labels on ladders.
When we were working on the roof of our chapter house at the airport I hauled my rolling ladder up there everyday. Easy to step right on the roof from the side of the ladder while holding on to a handrail. No way was I going to let our 83 yr old prez use a regular ladder and he insisted on getting up there. I also use it to change light bulbs in the shop door opener which hangs from a 16' ceiling to open a 14' tall door.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 01:40:34 AM »
Those rolling stairs are really nice. When I had my shop I had one but it went with the shop when I sold it.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 07:51:01 AM »
The older I get the less balance I have.  I used to change light bulbs in the shop off a pallet raised up by the fork lift but now way now.  We get the man basket out.  Feel very safe on it

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 08:52:16 AM »
The older I get the less balance I have.  I used to change light bulbs in the shop off a pallet raised up by the fork lift but now way now.  We get the man basket out.  Feel very safe on it

I have a 2 man basket for the forklift I snagged for $50. I went to many auctions trying to buy a tall rolling ladder but always got beat out by the guys from the boatyards. My time came when I went to an auction near the boatyards and scored the tall and a smaller roller for $125.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 11:27:55 AM »
Bob Eubanks says this helps with balance. I see him on tv touting this right after all the makeup commercials, baggy eye cream, and lawyer adverts.

Oh...and tactical sunglasses/lighters/flashlights/sun visors/condoms/radios/shoe laces....there's probably a tactical mailbox out there that I may have missed too  :a102:

https://60up.com/

Offline walrus

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 05:01:40 PM »
I have to admit my bucket truck is the best way to change out lights, ballast etc but I still work off a 12 ft stepladder at times. Its the 4th 12 ft stepladder I've bought in 32 years of business so I've spent some time on a 12 footer.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 08:34:42 PM »
I have to admit my bucket truck is the best way to change out lights, ballast etc but I still work off a 12 ft stepladder at times. Its the 4th 12 ft stepladder I've bought in 32 years of business so I've spent some time on a 12 footer.

I don't own a 12 footer but there are times I wish I had one. When the crew installed my shop door the lead guy was on a 12' with steps on both sides. He hung all the door tracks on the 16' ceiling and never got off the ladder to move it. He would straddle the top and walk the ladder to the next spot. He went back and forth across the shop and never came down the whole time as the guys would hand the tracks up to him. :o