Author Topic: Flat rate for a Caddy DTS water pump belt tensioner?  (Read 5192 times)

Offline Matt_T

Re: Flat rate for a Caddy DTS water pump belt tensioner?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 08:44:59 PM »
That's the kind of crap Carrier started pulling in the late 1990's with their HVAC troubleshooting materials and special parts. Chapped my hide really bad.

HVAC are the worst anyways with their "you can't buy anything unless you've got a 608" BULLSHIT. The local hvac/electrical supply house changed their tune with me when I mentioned I wasn't a licensed electrician either............

Offline muddy

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 09:25:04 PM »
There's no dipstick for the transmission in our minivan. To change fluid you have to hook the computer up and watch temperatures to get the right level.

Or measure what you drain out and put the same quantity back in ;)

Just so many damn sensors and modules and computers it gets a bit over my head. Gonna have to pickup a good DIY scanner I guess

Are you not seeing that at work yet? Did a job for a guy about a year ago and he mentioned being pissed that he couldn't buy scan tool software for the the fleet of shiny yellow forklifts he'd just bought. Apparently the OEM had it restricted to dealer only.
It seems forklifts are bit behind, however the Brand New ones we are getting in do have all the bells and whistles. Just the other day I went to move a new Clark and was looking all around for a park brake lever.....it has an automatic park brake! Just put it in gear let off the brakes and go.

We are a dealer so we have most of the software we need to get into them. However I personally don't do a whole lot of that. I'll do check engine lights and some other settings but for the most part our one shop guy does most of the electrical/electronic type of stuff.

I do know that on Raymond stand-up it reach trucks we need to call the dealership in for those as we can't access their system. Yale/hyster also need specific systems to do more advanced things then checking codes.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2020, 09:26:09 PM »
That's the kind of crap Carrier started pulling in the late 1990's with their HVAC troubleshooting materials and special parts. Chapped my hide really bad.

HVAC are the worst anyways with their "you can't buy anything unless you've got a 608" BULLSHIT. The local hvac/electrical supply house changed their tune with me when I mentioned I wasn't a licensed electrician either............

I'll agree on the HVAC trade -- they charge a fortune for a few ounces of R22 to fix an older system. Run caps and contactors are usually priced 10-15 times what they cost retail or online.