Author Topic: Need Some Help with Financialese  (Read 1309 times)

Online J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Need Some Help with Financialese
« on: November 07, 2020, 09:06:35 PM »
A bit unusual I know even for me but I need to translate some financial jargon in some annual reports into standard English. If anyone has such skills I need a volunteer.

It is tool related - I am trying to decipher some data relating to the end of WWII contracts between a tool company and how that relates to V-Loans and how the company handled it, how it affected the overall company and how the company was dealing with it.

I am being a little vague on purpose as I don't want to disclose the company or the purpose just yet although anyone helping me will be filled in. There are three years worth of annual reports and for the most part I need to translate only a couple paragraphs from each year - although there well may be follow up questions or it may lead to another line to follow.

Also - does anyone know any financial document collectors. I would like to find some WWII government contracts relating to the above project.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline bmwrd0

Re: Need Some Help with Financialese
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 12:13:21 PM »
Not over here, but over there is a guy who kinda specializes in this. Private Lugnuts.

Easy to find him over there, and I would bet he has the info you need.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 05:19:22 PM »
Yeah 2nd in Lugnutz.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 05:38:16 PM »
Yeah Lugnutz is who you need to ask about WWII records.

Regards the math part I ain't a math major, which my HS math teacher is prolly still pissed about if she's still kicking, but I'll take a look if you can't find anyone else.