Author Topic: At a standstill  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Crispycritter

At a standstill
« on: November 17, 2023, 04:56:05 PM »
So i been short on work at shop last few weeks today i didnt even go in cause theres nothing for me to do and i dont like being paid to just stand around.. The shop i work for was ran by two brother one. Of them did sales and other does service well the one that did sales died 2 weeks ago and left a mess and the one brother found ahuge mess so hes trying to contact supplier kubota,case, to arrange deliveries of equipment which my main job was assembling the equipment.   Farmers and construction companys arent bringing in machinery cause prices gone up and its slow time of year specialy since we only do construction equipment im hoping this dont continue to long cause i need the work but its come down to wether i have work or my dad does . living in a small ruralcommunity has down time

Offline Crispycritter

Re: At a standstill
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 05:53:40 PM »
Also i know this in a personal question but does anyone here deal with depression my doctor since i refuse pills and only want naturaltreatment has mentioned i might want to give electro convulsive therapy a try my curriosity is peaked but im also horrifiedof letting someone shock me.  He also mentioned electromagnetic stimulation

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 04:04:18 PM »
everyone is different. I'm not a better living through chemistry either. I try to stay busy and have plenty to do to keep myself moving forward . I find if I have too much time I get down in holes I don't need to explore. now that I have a grand daughter and two step grand sons to keep me busy teaching stuff I have had to go back to the unplug the power tools and have an eye on em like I used to when our children were young. can't have em maime themselves or each other.

keep moving forward. maybe a side job or two to keep the cash flowing and your mind busy
Rich

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 07:10:26 AM »
everyone is different. I'm not a better living through chemistry either. I try to stay busy and have plenty to do to keep myself moving forward . I find if I have too much time I get down in holes I don't need to explore. now that I have a grand daughter and two step grand sons to keep me busy teaching stuff I have had to go back to the unplug the power tools and have an eye on em like I used to when our children were young. can't have em maime themselves or each other.

keep moving forward. maybe a side job or two to keep the cash flowing and your mind busy
thanks i think ill call a few people see if anyone has any work. Its true the idol time aint the best

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2023, 07:42:49 AM »
Can't help with depression as I suffer from anxiety but diet and exercise are critical to mental health.  So watch what you eat and get active.  Counseling helped me a bunch too.  It helps to have a pro give you insight and perhaps change the perspective of how you look at things going on in your life. I used a Christian counselor and she helped me a ton. I also did a 12 step program called Celebrate Recovery that helped a lot.  Its designed not only for drugs and alcohol, but also hurts and hang ups.

As to your job, ask for a special project to keep you busy.  Could be cleaning up stock room, refurbing or detailing used equipment, painting the shop, making displays etc.  Heck, it could even be calling existing customers and offering a service special.

Good luck

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 08:23:35 AM »
Can't help with depression as I suffer from anxiety but diet and exercise are critical to mental health.  So watch what you eat and get active.  Counseling helped me a bunch too.  It helps to have a pro give you insight and perhaps change the perspective of how you look at things going on in your life. I used a Christian counselor and she helped me a ton. I also did a 12 step program called Celebrate Recovery that helped a lot.  Its designed not only for drugs and alcohol, but also hurts and hang ups.

As to your job, ask for a special project to keep you busy.  Could be cleaning up stock room, refurbing or detailing used equipment, painting the shop, making displays etc.  Heck, it could even be calling existing customers and offering a service special.

Good luck
im gonna get some shit for this but im mostly vegatarian and i try to go to thegym a few times a week

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 11:48:40 AM »
Won't get no shit from me.  I'm not vegetarian, but respect folks' decisions on their diet.  I try to eat clean and somewhat organic myself.

I just don't care for folks who try to force their views on me and you ain't doing that.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 03:08:50 PM »
Won't get no shit from me.  I'm not vegetarian, but respect folks' decisions on their diet.  I try to eat clean and somewhat organic myself.

I just don't care for folks who try to force their views on me and you ain't doing that.
i love meat dont get me wrong i also love to hunt but my stomach issues mean i have to stay away from things slow to digest

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2023, 03:31:44 PM »
I don't think anyone here is going to give you any grief about your dietary considerations.  That is you business and I would be disappointed if any of the regulars here would see that any different than I do.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 10:48:00 PM by Uncle Buck »
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2023, 04:25:44 PM »
Thanks buck. Another forum i posted my love for themorning star plantbased chicken and got ate alive.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2023, 09:27:51 PM »
I like the Morningstar stuff. No shame in that at all.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2023, 04:53:51 PM »
Well guys i start next a 3hr 3x a week intensive outpatient program for depression must have been a sign from god cause i applied back in june but they didnt accept my insurance. The program called me at 3pm to tell me their now in network. So with not being needed at work i now can get help

Offline muddy

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2023, 06:52:20 PM »
Well guys i start next a 3hr 3x a week intensive outpatient program for depression must have been a sign from god cause i applied back in june but they didnt accept my insurance. The program called me at 3pm to tell me their now in network. So with not being needed at work i now can get help
Great to hear! Best of luck. And no matter how silly their suggestions or methods may seem,  always give it a shot. Miracles don't happen overnight.

I've been on medication for ADHD/bipolar since second grade there where highs and lows but eventually found a combo that works very well for me.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2023, 09:25:13 AM »
Great to hear! Best of luck. And no matter how silly their suggestions or methods may seem,  always give it a shot. Miracles don't happen overnight.

I've been on medication for ADHD/bipolar since second grade there where highs and lows but eventually found a combo that works very well for me.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
first session hour and a half away. Excited nervous all in one.
I have adhd bad but with a host of other problems which i was hiding behind weed with but more research i do i read about how indepth therapy is only real cure and smoking is just a bondo patch good short term but sucks for longetivity

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2023, 12:58:43 PM »
forgot to check back in on this.  good news for you.

Good luck!
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!