Author Topic: Just for laughs...  (Read 6185 times)

Offline bonneyman

Just for laughs...
« on: September 07, 2018, 08:50:38 PM »
Just found a pic of this gag gift I picked up some years ago. Being I used to work in ordnance it was the perfect gift for my office desk.

After the week I've had I needed a laugh. Hopefully you guys will chuckle, too. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:54:14 PM by bonneyman »

Offline john k

Re: Just for laughs...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:01:04 PM »
Have something similar,  makes a few guys pause.   Certain good for a laugh. 

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 12:04:28 PM »
An oldie but goodie. Good thing you don't live in CA as they deemed those inert practice grenades illegal to own years ago. We went to an airshow 3 weeks after the law went into effect and the local Fire Dept. spotted 2 of those hanging from the survival vest on the seat back of his Bird Dog airplane which represents an aircraft used in Korea and Vietnam as a spotter plane. My friend told them to get lost when they demanded he give up the grenades so they went and got a cop who said he had to give them up. Then the FD demanded he give them the 4-25# bombs hanging on the wings. He showed them that the only real part was the tail fins and the bodies were fiberglass to save weight. After the FD left with the grenades the cop said he would have just told my friend to put them out of sight under the seat but the FD forced his hand.

After my friend called the fire chief on Monday to raise holy heck he got a call to come to the city HQ on Friday to pick up his property. It turns out the firemen were the bomb squad from the neighboring city and should not even have been there. The entire squad had to apologize and return the grenades. My friend had a museum exemption to avoid property taxes on the plane and he had to display it in public so many times a year.

Offline mrchuck

• 10-49
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 03:55:07 PM »
Hey, It's OK to "pull the pin,,,,,just don't let the lever "fly".
yes sir, no sir, no excuse sir

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 04:34:43 PM »
Hey, It's OK to "pull the pin,,,,,just don't let the lever "fly".

Nah, I modded it so it goes immediately if you pull the pin. The boss doesn't like complaints! :))

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 10:30:06 AM »
One of the pawn shops I frequent had this gag as a door stop for the longest time. Basically it's just a brick painted black and three holes drilled in it - always made me chuckle when I walked in. Then one day it was gone. After two or three more visits it didn't reappear, so, I inquired at the front desk They said they had had a complaint, and the boss made them put it away. I said, That's ridiculous! I'm Polish, and I think it's funny!" They said well we can't display it anymore, that's that. I asked what they were going to do with it, and they offered it to me. It's now the door stop in my shop.
The funny part is, the last guy to use this bowling ball was a professional who scored a perfect 300! Now THAT took some skill!  :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 10:33:33 AM by bonneyman »

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 03:48:46 PM »
 that's funny and I'm glad you have a sense of humor

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 07:19:49 PM »
When I was in HS I worked for a family friend at his gas station and he was Polish. His 2 brothers would stop by and tell endless Pollack jokes. :))

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 09:35:57 PM »
I love it when I'm in a group of people, and someone tells a Polish joke, and everyone cracks up. Then I tell them that I'm part Polish....and they go silent and start apologizing. It's like,"Look guys, I know it's a joke. And I can take a joke. in fact, I like Polish jokes!"

Like the one about the Polish parachute....opens on impact!  :D

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 10:57:37 PM »
A good friend of mine is Polish and he's the biggest jokester I know.  He'd love that bowling ball!   :D
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 11:22:05 PM »
A good friend of mine is Polish and he's the biggest jokester I know.  He'd love that bowling ball!   :D

Feel free to cut and paste the photo. It would be easy to make for him as a gift.

And the set of Polish bowling pins might also be appropriate: 10 white pyramids. Very stable and hard to knock down.....because it's so darn frustrating to have to run to the end of the lane after each throw and set the pins back up! :))
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:23:44 PM by bonneyman »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 06:11:16 PM »
Here's my pair of cluster bomb bookends. They're a real blast!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 08:22:31 PM »
Have you posted those before? I seem to recall seeing them before.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »
Have you posted those before? I seem to recall seeing them before.

Yeah, but the old site going down took the photos with it.

I bought the pair of bomblets many years ago, always wanted to make a pair of bookends out of them. But wood isn't my material, and couldn't get anyone to make me some. Nor could I find suitable store bought ones. Then one of my friends kids is getting into wood work, and made me the L-shaped pieces. i mounted the bomblets and wa-la.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 09:51:38 PM »
Fun creation and nice conversation piece.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.