Author Topic: blue point ratcheting flare nut wrench set  (Read 8951 times)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
blue point ratcheting flare nut wrench set
« on: August 26, 2018, 06:11:54 PM »
these are found under several brands and likely made by imperial. mine are in a blue point roll but i think most every brand has carried sold them in a  similar fashion, just a made in usa stamp and the size on the handle.

these are 3/8-5/8 and split open on the end to go around any hex shaped fastener. they don't work in every application but they do work and work well. i use the 9/16 most. not on a flare nut but to turn a long  hex shaft on my planter. the shaft is about 20 feet long and i can open it up and slip it over the shaft in any location.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: blue point ratcheting flare nut wrench set
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 06:15:27 PM »
Very cool -- and for certain situations a necessity. I need to change the hardline PS hose on my Mazda PU and that would be ideal for getting in close. It will be a chore using regular flare nut tools.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 08:12:23 PM »
I have an SK set like this in metric. If your interested in it Harlan give me a shout.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 02:55:25 PM »
Very cool -- and for certain situations a necessity. I need to change the hardline PS hose on my Mazda PU and that would be ideal for getting in close. It will be a chore using regular flare nut tools.

Like 10mm brake line fittings on the inside of a disc brake?  :-[