Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 685718 times)

Offline Elroy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #765 on: April 28, 2019, 08:29:19 AM »

He's got some money hangin there.

Elroy also notes the mounting points for upper control arms have been Shelbyized  :-*

If you have a chance, please snap some pics of the rack mounting and oil pan clearance.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 08:31:41 AM by Elroy »

Offline walrus

« Reply #766 on: April 29, 2019, 01:43:14 PM »

He's got some money hangin there.

Elroy also notes the mounting points for upper control arms have been Shelbyized  :-*

If you have a chance, please snap some pics of the rack mounting and oil pan clearance.
I get one of the rack up for you. not to impressed with TCP so far. Thier customer service is lacking. Street or Tracks service is excellent.  I'm think new springs and Bilstein shocks now. Might as well go all out

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #767 on: April 29, 2019, 02:44:25 PM »
Saturday I walked the local car show . We have several each year here in Alvin, Texas and I usually shoot tons of photos. This time I was unable to walk the whole thing, so I only got a few shots ( ONLY 88 !!! ).

See the album on Flickr - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmD6bnky

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:24:04 PM by Papaw »
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline walrus

« Reply #768 on: April 29, 2019, 04:13:16 PM »
Saturday I walked the local car show . We have several each year here in Alvin, Texas and I usually shoot tons of photos. This time I was unable to walk the whole thing, so I only got a few shots ( ONLY 88 !!! ).

See the album on Flickr - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmD6bnky

Nice pics of nice cars

Offline walrus

« Reply #769 on: April 30, 2019, 04:44:59 PM »
Started on other side today. Got upper and lower arms in place after early day of work. pics of rack

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline muddy

« Reply #770 on: April 30, 2019, 07:40:18 PM »
Engine swap in a huge pile of...

Engine smoked like a stem locomotive! Had gear oil in it to reduce oil consumption I guess lol

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline Elroy

« Reply #771 on: April 30, 2019, 07:56:26 PM »
I get one of the rack up for you.

Interesting

Thank you.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #772 on: May 02, 2019, 07:01:42 PM »
Well wasn't putting out enough water to keep the sprinklers running so the well guy stopped by this afternoon and took a look. He will be back in the morning to do a flow test and probably will have to pull the pump. He said there could be a hole in the 1" galvanized pipe but he will put new heavy PVC on regardless that is rated for well use. Find out tomorrow if we need a new pump also.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #773 on: May 03, 2019, 08:40:38 PM »
Well guy pulled the pump and there was a hole in the 21' pipe screwed into the pump. Since the pump was 11 years old I told him to put a new pump in there as I didn't know how long the pump had been running non-stop because of the leak. Interesting thing is he had to run new 4 conductor wire to replace the 3 wire that was there as they now want the ground on the pump. There was already 4 conductor wire from the garage to the well head.
Tomorrow I get to clean aerators on faucets, shower heads and washing machine screens as the water ran dirty until we got everything stirred up out of the lines. The old pressure gauge was not reading correctly so he replaced that and cleaned the contacts on the pressure switch and the pump kicks on at 40 and shuts off at 60.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #774 on: May 03, 2019, 09:04:34 PM »
Seems odd to ground a wellpump that surrounded by water but that's the new thing here too. on my last well they hung it on threaded pvc with /ss collars. I told the guy it was sure gonna be hard for me to pull it in the future. he said for 1 1/2 hours they could pull it and reset it.  ;D I think I've pulled my last pump ;D

Offline muddy

« Reply #775 on: May 03, 2019, 09:05:40 PM »
Well guy pulled the pump and there was a hole in the 21' pipe screwed into the pump. Since the pump was 11 years old I told him to put a new pump in there as I didn't know how long the pump had been running non-stop because of the leak. Interesting thing is he had to run new 4 conductor wire to replace the 3 wire that was there as they now want the ground on the pump. There was already 4 conductor wire from the garage to the well head.
Tomorrow I get to clean aerators on faucets, shower heads and washing machine screens as the water ran dirty until we got everything stirred up out of the lines. The old pressure gauge was not reading correctly so he replaced that and cleaned the contacts on the pressure switch and the pump kicks on at 40 and shuts off at 60.
Good to hear it was a smooth repair.

Offline walrus

« Reply #776 on: May 04, 2019, 07:41:13 AM »
Seems odd to ground a wellpump that surrounded by water but that's the new thing here too. on my last well they hung it on threaded pvc with /ss collars. I told the guy it was sure gonna be hard for me to pull it in the future. he said for 1 1/2 hours they could pull it and reset it.  ;D I think I've pulled my last pump ;D
The electrical ground is really a bond to the electrical system .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline muddy

« Reply #777 on: May 04, 2019, 05:50:04 PM »
Went to some yard sales this morning. Found Sam a very great condition all metal Tonka!

Also bought a creeper for $5.

After lunch I cleaned both the guns I took to the range last week. And got my new holster for my .45

Went to the park with Sam

Now I making supper, bacon wrapped chicken breasts!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 09:12:27 PM by muddy »

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #778 on: May 08, 2019, 06:46:32 PM »
Went last night and bought a 20' conex and trailer off CL. It was a heck of a load behind the old lumber wagon. 50 was about all a guy could/wanted to do on the flats. Luckily it was only 30 mi of backroads and after 7 PM so I didn't hold too many people up.

This one was in good shape and the same price as a unknown condition unit delivered from a dealer. I have a bonus trailer now I guess. I liked it being on a trailer so I could deal with setting it off on my own terms, not just where the truck dumped it. The plan is to run a couple circuit electric inside and get it spray foamed for heating/moisture control. This was the first step in moving some equipment I have stored and maybe a transition in my life (all I'm saying on that). A conex is really a heck of a storage unit for a reasonable price. I couldn't touch any kind of tuff-shed for $3k, and this should easy enough to get rid of to the next guy when I'm done with it.

Went to the PNW Machine Tool Expo toady in the big city of Portland. Saw all sorts of wacky, expensive tooling, machines, and software that is out there. I thought they should have had more machinery on display that small and medium sized job shops would be truly interested in. Most was really cool, but based for super production and volume tight-tolerance QC work. Lots of easy to talk to salesmen and other people in the trade. It was a god time.

Greyson

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #779 on: May 08, 2019, 09:32:28 PM »
Nice conex box and trailer. One thing I miss about L.A. is the annual Westech show at the convention center. It was huge and I always left with at least one bag of goodies containing tape measures, rulers and scales, different oils and lots of cutting speed calculators and pocket and full size drill charts. Love that swag.