Author Topic: Gas station build  (Read 24185 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: Gas station build
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2020, 04:11:26 PM »
Heiny, that station looks great.  Shame it sits idle :c002:

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2020, 05:01:30 PM »
I guess that it doesn't matter to the city that until you get water service and can open that they aren't collecting any tax money. :lol_hitting:

Offline walrus

« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2020, 05:11:06 PM »
Small job. 2 dispensers, 3 products.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
We can’t backfill with anything that has rocks.

Thats existing fill and most of it is contaminated from tanks and piping in the past. DEP won't allow it to be hauled off if its below a threshold but not clean . If its above that threshold then they will pay to have it landfilled at an approved site. Everything that mattered  got covered by at least a foot of pea stone.  The rocks suck but will never be an issue until some digs it up again and it will still be contaminated.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 05:13:07 PM by walrus »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2020, 02:23:22 PM »
I had to run up to Carson City Airport this morning and stopped at a Maverik station near the airport to fill up with ethanol free gas. I saw the needed purpose of the bollards on the ends of the islands. As I was filling up I heard tires squealing as a Honda Fit came screaming past me and he had to swerve to miss a pedestrian and when he tried to hook a right he saw he wasn't going to make it and tried to go between the islands and slammed right into the upside down "U" bollard. Well he and the car lost that battle and plastic parts flew for 50'. He didn't have a seat belt on and I watched him slam head first into windshield and end up in the passenger seat. His bell was rung pretty good and after about 5 minutes he got out of the car holding his beer bottle right before the police arrived. The bollard looked undamaged. :lol_hitting:

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2020, 02:41:44 PM »
The bollard made it but how did the beer hold up?

Seriously though glad to hear he missed the pedestrian.

What are the DUI laws like in Nevada?
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2020, 03:17:48 PM »
Another case of Corona  virus for sure.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2020, 03:31:54 PM »
The large Heineken bottle survived just fine and was still half full. NV laws are pretty much like everywhere else and he doesn't have to worry about his car being totaled as he probably won't have a DL if he had one to begin with.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2020, 06:54:01 AM »
Well, I’m still here. We couldn’t get water service from Nashville metro water till now. The owners of the store have paid us to provide 24/7 security on site while waiting and I am the day shift guy. :-[  Now we have water and landscaping has started and we are scheduled to turn over the 18th with opening to the public the 25th. It should turn green real soon.
MAGA

Offline walrus

« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2020, 06:56:40 AM »
Well, I’m still here. We couldn’t get water service from Nashville metro water till now. The owners of the store have paid us to provide 24/7 security on site while waiting and I am the day shift guy. :-[  Now we have water and landscaping has started and we are scheduled to turn over the 18th with opening to the public the 25th. It should turn green real soon.
you have had time to do punch list anyway :)

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2020, 07:03:58 AM »
you have had time to do punch list anyway :)

Yep, unfortunately they have had time to make a new one every week!
MAGA

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2020, 07:06:47 AM »
Here’s what the inside looks like.
MAGA

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2020, 07:18:15 AM »
Here is something interesting. The owner determined last month that this store would be “ difficult to operate “.  In other words, in the hood. So they had us install black lights in the restrooms to make it hard for junkies to see their veins to shoot up.  :-\ :-\ :-\ 
MAGA

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2020, 07:29:31 AM »
If anyone wonders how those soda machines put out dozens of flavors, here’s how. They are known as BIBs, “beverage in box”.
First two racks are soda, second rack around corner is Iccees.
MAGA

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2020, 07:30:59 AM »
I've never seen that before. I had no idea about the black light making hard to see the veins either. I bet the floors around the urinals will light up real nice though.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2020, 07:35:30 AM »
And here is the fuel control systems and data rack for cameras, lottery, security, etc.
MAGA