Author Topic: Sup  (Read 18170 times)

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
Re: Sup
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 01:48:54 PM »
Glad to hear the treatment seems to be working for your son.  I can't imagine having to go through that with my daughters, but my friend's 21 year old son was just diagnosed with a tumour that sounds to be almost identical to your son's.  The doctors initially treated it as sleep apnea until a nurse pushed for the chest xray.  He has Downs Syndrome and often doesn't speak up about pain or things that aren't normal healthwise.  Today is day 4 of his chemo.

Best of luck for your son's solid recovery, and good to see you back here.

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 02:12:44 PM »
Glad to hear the treatment seems to be working for your son.  I can't imagine having to go through that with my daughters, but my friend's 21 year old son was just diagnosed with a tumour that sounds to be almost identical to your son's.  The doctors initially treated it as sleep apnea until a nurse pushed for the chest xray.  He has Downs Syndrome and often doesn't speak up about pain or things that aren't normal healthwise.  Today is day 4 of his chemo.

Best of luck for your son's solid recovery, and good to see you back here.

Bless his heart. One of the hospital kids we met with lymphoma is a deaf/mute. It’s infinitely harder to know something is wrong when a kid can’t communicate.

Ironically, what prompted us to demand further testing with Junior was his insistence on sleeping in a fetal position because it hurt his chest if he slept any other way. Come to find out the tumor was laying on his airway if he tried to sleep on his back or side and laying face down allowed his airway to remain open. I live in an area where 2 neighboring towns add up to 5,000 or so people and in the last 2 years we’ve had 3 kids with different types of lymphoma and 1 with the nearly identical Acute Lymphoblastic Lukemia. Makes one wonder if this doesn’t play some role:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Elk_River_chemical_spill?wprov=sfti1

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 03:26:29 PM »
Nice to see you back, Trav.
I cannot imagine what your going through but my thoughts are with you and yours mate.
If there`s anything any of us here can do just say the word mate.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 03:44:02 PM »
Glad you are back, sad to hear about your son, but glad he is doing better.

Sometimes misdiagnosis can be fatal. Our 3 1/2 year old grandson was misdiagnosed several times before they realized he had a staph infection. It spread throughout his body and settled in his hip. He ended up with Toxic Shock Syndrome and  almost died, but recovered.
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline hofferwood

• It's all good
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2019, 04:23:02 PM »
Travis, I cannot say anything more than the guys here have already said.
All I can add is I'm praying for your son, you, and your family-----God Bless!!!!

Chuck
If it aint broke----fix it till it is-----there's nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.

Offline TR

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 04:58:27 PM »
Glad you are back......and so sorry to hear about your son!

I'm praying for a fast and full recovery.

TR

Offline Rewind

• Howdy Folks!
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 10:00:58 AM »
Welcome back Travis.........prayers for you and the family for him to beat this!!!
Hanging in, Hanging on, Hanging out!

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 01:18:00 AM »
Got some fantastic news this week. His PET Scan came back completely clear and not a trace of live cancer cells could be found in his body. His white cell counts were near zero, too low to get a bone marrow biopsy, but they are coming up and should be high enough to get one this week. If it comes back clear as well, he will officially be in remission!

We went to Cincinnati last Thursday for what was supposed to be a 1 day visit, but he spiked a fever that afternoon and we just got home this evening. Sucks getting caught off guard like that, but I’ll gladly sleep in a hospital chair forever if that’s what it takes.

He’s still got a long row to hoe, but things are certainly looking up  O:-)

Online J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2019, 04:22:43 AM »
That sounds like fantastic news. Here's to more and complete remission.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2019, 05:22:11 AM »
That is great news for.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2019, 09:04:08 AM »
That is awesome news Travis. I certainly hope that continues. How far and how long for you to drive to Cincinnati?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2019, 09:56:20 AM »
Excellent news -- give Jr. all our best wishes, and hope he comes back home soon.

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2019, 10:32:26 AM »
That is awesome news Travis. I certainly hope that continues. How far and how long for you to drive to Cincinnati?

It’s a 3-1/2 hour drive with no traffic

Offline Rural53

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2019, 02:54:05 PM »
Great news.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2019, 03:55:54 PM »
Great news.