Author Topic: The US military "lost" an F-35 stealth fighter?  (Read 666 times)

Offline bonneyman

The US military "lost" an F-35 stealth fighter?
« on: September 19, 2023, 02:14:33 PM »
So many questions about this situation, even though it appears that they've now found the wreckage. They had to ask the public for help????
There was a "mishap"? The pilot managed to turn the autopilot on before ejecting? (I mean, if something happens that's so catastrophic that the pilot has to eject, is putting the thing on autopilot necessary?) There were two plans flying together - why did the second plane just left the unmanned jet fling without tracking it? There's no tracking or radar or transponder in place to be able to follow the jet to it's crash spot? What if it landed in a populated area - how do they explain that? Geez.

I guess they finally got the stealth systems on the Lightning working.  :))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 02:19:49 PM by bonneyman »

Offline slip knot

Re: The US military "lost" an F-35 stealth fighter?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 08:19:38 PM »
I would imagine the second plane stayed on station with the ejected pilot to make sure he was located safely.

As for it crashing in a populated area. Well like everything else with this administration. You blame Trump. :lol_hitting: :lol_hitting:

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 06:59:31 PM »
Gotta agree there are a lot of questions.  Doubt we will hear the answers, at least the real ones

Offline muddy

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 08:05:55 PM »
Gotta agree there are a lot of questions.  Doubt we will hear the answers, at least the real ones
Have we ever? Usually only 30-50+ plus years does the truth come out.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 07:09:54 PM »
I guess it was flying near a storm, and apparently the F-35 electronics don't like electrical discharges. A warplane that can only fly in clear weather. Nice! :-[