Author Topic: Google is your friend  (Read 623 times)

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Google is your friend
« on: December 30, 2023, 09:26:08 AM »
Is often touted by the so-called browser experts,  and the google user I paste the following.

Who knows some could be in for a 5k payout, now that I have got your attention have a read VVV

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/technology/google-settles-lawsuit-tracking-people-incognito-mode
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Google is your friend
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 09:43:11 AM »
Never ever trust Google, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, or any of the other dozen large software, media, and financial services companies. They are all corrupt and only want to make money off of your information and your spending/browsing patterns. None of them are honest in their dealings with the average user.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 02:40:41 PM »
Yeah but who gets the cash us the victims?
... sure
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 07:29:58 AM »
Never ever trust Google, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, or any of the other dozen large software, media, and financial services companies. They are all corrupt and only want to make money off of your information and your spending/browsing patterns. None of them are honest in their dealings with the average user.

I agree on the ones in bold, Amazon ? Not sure how they affect me as I just use them as a store.

Microsoft & Apple and are trying to make their software subscriptions accessible only, BTW started with Apple & their locked OS & iTUNES, and so on.

Not allowing the user to own, forces the user to update. The problem with that is as follows. Most, or a lot of older software, & apps will work without constant updates just fine.

Kindly do not confuse the software & app updates with processor & OS updates.

The only MUST for software updates is when MS or Apple. Changes one of 2 things, develops and manufactures a new processor (CPU) or total OS rewrites.

So, software subscriptions earn more $$ paying every month for access/usage. Where the owner can run any software or application until they decide to buy a new machine.
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 08:38:13 AM »
I've gotten to the point I use Yandex most of the time.
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2024, 08:51:45 AM »
I tried DuckDuckGo for a time, but then switched to Startpage. And I've been happy with it.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2024, 09:01:04 AM »

I agree on the ones in bold, Amazon ? Not sure how they affect me as I just use them as a store.

Microsoft & Apple and are trying to make their software subscriptions accessible only, BTW started with Apple & their locked OS & iTUNES, and so on.

Not allowing the user to own, forces the user to update. The problem with that is as follows. Most, or a lot of older software, & apps will work without constant updates just fine.

Kindly do not confuse the software & app updates with processor & OS updates.

The only MUST for software updates is when MS or Apple. Changes one of 2 things, develops and manufactures a new processor (CPU) or total OS rewrites.

So, software subscriptions earn more $$ paying every month for access/usage. Where the owner can run any software or application until they decide to buy a new machine.

Guys, Amazon isn't just a store. These days they make most of their $$$ from AWS (Amazon Web Services). You'd be amazed at how many governments, retailers, financial institutions, and global corporations use AWS application, database, storage, and development services. The US government is one of their biggest customers. I suspect that at this point AWS is bigger than Google's and Microsoft's web service companies combined. AWS controls a huge portion of the global internet market and even though I can't prove it, I suspect they data mine every single transaction that crosses their AWS infrastructure threshold. They are capable of providing the data streams that enable "big brother systems" across the globe to do what they do.

Combine the AWS data mining volume with adaptive AI control, and you pretty much have Orwell's nightmare scenario implemented in the present day. It's no longer science fiction by any stretch of the imagination.