Author Topic: New DUI limit  (Read 414 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
New DUI limit
« on: March 16, 2024, 08:15:44 AM »
I just read an article about a drive spearheaded by MADD to nationwide get states to lower DUI from current 0.8 level to 0.5. Hell, why stop there? If they succeed the next thing you know they will want to take us back to Prohibition! LOL 

Personally,  I would rather see someone spearhead an effort to tighten up the laws that have been passed decriminilizing Marijuana. People bitch about alcohol, but they are misdirected in which one is the real devil amongst us.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline slip knot

Re: New DUI limit
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 12:55:26 PM »
Neither alcohol or drugs can touch social media for distracted drivers.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 03:55:16 PM »
So tru.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 05:58:59 PM »
^ dats 'a fact

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 03:52:01 PM »

Personally,  I would rather see someone spearhead an effort to tighten up the laws that have been passed decriminilizing Marijuana. People bitch about alcohol, but they are misdirected in which one is the real devil amongst us.

UB, I have done more then my fair share of alcohol and pot and I can assure you alcohol is far more dangerous, from driving and addiction point of view. 

On carnival operator with decades of experience said he would take a pot smoker over a drinker any day.  And I guarantee you he has hired many of both over the years. 

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 08:14:05 PM »
I just read an article about a drive spearheaded by MADD to nationwide get states to lower DUI from current 0.8 level to 0.5. Hell, why stop there? If they succeed the next thing you know they will want to take us back to Prohibition! LOL 

I think MADD is mostly irrelevant now so they're trying to make themselves relevant again.  I remember the early '80s and how much of a problem teenage drinking and driving was.  Fortunately that peaked and became a minor issue years ago but there's been all sorts of other issues to take it's place, like opioids and hard drugs.
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 08:28:29 PM »
In Texas the blood alc. limit is already 0.5 if you hold a CDL. even if your not in a commercial vehicle you still have a lower limit. I've had one for @15 yrs now and the lower limit has never been an issue to me.

I really fought getting a CDL but my employer made us all get one. I used to be able to get by with some pretty sketchy crap on a farm tagged truck, but with a CDL, now they know that I know better...

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 09:14:17 AM »

UB, I have done more then my fair share of alcohol and pot and I can assure you alcohol is far more dangerous, from driving and addiction point of view. 

On carnival operator with decades of experience said he would take a pot smoker over a drinker any day.  And I guarantee you he has hired many of both over the years.
why do i have this vision of a long haired 80's phil rolling a doob while working the ticket stand in front of the tilt a whirl........... :)) :)) :))
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 11:29:38 AM »
That's funny Harlan, especially with the Fatman sporting a pony tail now

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024, 02:04:12 PM »
Trying to imagine the Fatman smokin a big Bob Marley joint and sportin long hair or a fro. That paints quite the mental image!  :smiley_confused1:

Offline zeke

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2024, 03:55:45 PM »

I think MADD is mostly irrelevant now so they're trying to make themselves relevant again.  I remember the early '80s and how much of a problem teenage drinking and driving was.  Fortunately that peaked and became a minor issue years ago but there's been all sorts of other issues to take it's place, like opioids and hard drugs.
Agree.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2024, 04:07:13 PM »
That's funny Harlan, especially with the Fatman sporting a pony tail now

wait.......what?   :85:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2024, 07:41:15 AM »
Trying to imagine the Fatman smokin a big Bob Marley joint and sportin long hair or a fro. That paints quite the mental image!  :smiley_confused1:

Haha UB, the Fatman's hair is as straight as an arrow and very fine. I doubt even with a perm a fro is possible. 

As an aside, I see fro's are coming back into fashion and it reminds me of my youth.  Also bell bottoms.  Good memories

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2024, 12:28:39 PM »
My BIL , most redneck looking guy I ever saw rocked a massive fro in the 70's.  So funny now. The Fatman with a ponytail,  now that's some kinda funny there!  :))

Offline walrus

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2024, 04:01:10 PM »
In Texas the blood alc. limit is already 0.5 if you hold a CDL. even if your not in a commercial vehicle you still have a lower limit. I've had one for @15 yrs now and the lower limit has never been an issue to me.

I really fought getting a CDL but my employer made us all get one. I used to be able to get by with some pretty sketchy crap on a farm tagged truck, but with a CDL, now they know that I know better...
In Maine its .02 for cdl license no matter what you are driving, .5 is legally dead  :)

I had a giant red fro back in the day

Offline slip knot

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2024, 05:29:45 PM »
yeah, I fat fingered that. should be 0.05... 

But 0.02 damn!!  you better go easy on the mouthwash before you leave the house at that level.