Author Topic: Simpson "Old School" equipment --  (Read 9896 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Simpson "Old School" equipment --
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 01:37:09 PM »
Elroy's pop's model is almost identical to my dad's model -- bakelite housing and knobs, as well as the lack of a parallax mirrored scale. Unfortunately my dad's unit is just a decoration these days. -- along with many of his other late 50's early 60's electronics gear.

Offline Elroy

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 02:11:34 PM »
Elroy's pop's model is almost identical to my dad's model -- bakelite housing and knobs, as well as the lack of a parallax mirrored scale. Unfortunately my dad's unit is just a decoration these days. -- along with many of his other late 50's early 60's electronics gear.

Yep, She's retired

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 02:32:43 PM »
You know, Elroy, I read about bakelite repair not too long ago. Can't remember where. Dang the failing memory ticks me off.

I wanna say it was some guy dealing with restoring old telephones. But the site eludes me.  :(

If you've got all the small pieces it might be worth trying to find this info and see what the guy used.

Offline Elroy

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 03:09:44 PM »
You know, Elroy, I read about bakelite repair not too long ago......If you've got all the small pieces it might be worth trying to find this info and see what the guy used.

Elroy appreciates the thought but this old soldier is retired