Author Topic: Marijuana yay or nay  (Read 10663 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Marijuana yay or nay
« on: November 10, 2020, 06:44:20 PM »
So legal or illegal whats your stance

i just got my card in may and have to say its helped with my pain and stomach issues and ptsd.  :cool2: problems i found even if your legally taking it 75% places wont hire you in ohio if you piss positive.

Offline jabberwoki

Re: Marijuana yay or nay
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 07:17:36 PM »
Ya , i dont use it be who an i to say that you cannot.

Look at what OR just passed on drugs.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 07:27:39 PM »
I don't have a stance either way. I value my 2nd amendment rights too highly to possess or use the weed. You have to remember that having a gun on you and weed is a federal offense. You also can't have a CCW if you are a user in NV even though it has been legalized for medical and recreational use. Also as I pilot there was no way I would risk losing privileges for using that.

I know plenty of people that use it and grow it but it is not for me. 

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 07:34:47 PM »
I don't have a stance either way. I value my 2nd amendment rights too highly to possess or use the weed. You have to remember that having a gun on you and weed is a federal offense. You also can't have a CCW if you are a user in NV even though it has been legalized for medical and recreational use. Also as I pilot there was no way I would risk losing privileges for using that.

I know plenty of people that use it and grow it but it is not for me.
alot of truth in your post..

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 07:47:49 PM »
i am totally in favor of medicinal. it helps a lot of people.

recreational? mehhhh.........mostly a bunch of stoners who just want it legal.

my wife's cousin lives in colorado. a really smart young guy who can work hard and do most anything he puts his mind to. trouble is, he is a stoner and his pot smoking gets in the way of his jobs, life , family, etc.  he bounces from one good job to another but always seems to get one.it's painful to watch. evn from this distance.

the wife and i occasionally use some cbd oil products. they seem to work on the old aching joints when they flare up.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »
I'm also in favor of widespread medical use -- even in over the counter meds. I've seen some people make remarkable recoveries from using small amounts of THC and/or CBD in varied forms. I'm also a big believer in bringing the hemp industry back to life. Hemp is a relative of Marijuana, and the fiber is absolutely amazing for making rope, fabric, medicine, and bio oils.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 08:08:07 PM »
I'm also in favor of widespread medical use -- even in over the counter meds. I've seen some people make remarkable recoveries from using small amounts of THC and/or CBD in varied forms. I'm also a big believer in bringing the hemp industry back to life. Hemp is a relative of Marijuana, and the fiber is absolutely amazing for making rope, fabric, medicine, and bio oils.
i personally went from constantly having flashbacks i couldnt control to being able to calm myself. I no longer take xanax or my anti depressents with there huge list of side effects to taking a dropper and only having to worry about eatting a bag of beEf jerky from the munchies.... Im also no longer getting into arguments with everyone i meet and im overall happier

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 08:13:13 PM »
Any  thought on what that would do with arthritic joint pain in hands? The last couple of years I have been getting more and more joint paint in my hands.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 08:17:32 PM »
The insurance industry is the driver behind not hiring people who pee hot, but that will eventually change. We're getting to the point to where if you want something done you will have to hire them knowingly.

My brother worked for a big oilfield trucking company. they would get 25 applicants for a driver position and only get 2 that could pass it. and they demanded more money because they could pee clean, not because they were a better driver but they could pee clean. Drug tests were a big thing in the oilfield. if the drug testing folks came onto the location, everyone on site tested. If you tested hot you were no longer allowed on that companies property. I know of one crane company that was shut down because one of the crew leaders refused a test. The next day the crane company was told your no longer our crane company. They closed down that same week. So those guys that could pee clean demanded premium money

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 08:20:56 PM »
Any  thought on what that would do with arthritic joint pain in hands? The last couple of years I have been getting more and more joint paint in my hands.
youd benefit from a cbd muscle rub and if that doesnt help id try thc tinctures like i posted

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 10:43:02 PM »
Doesn't matter to me, but I would want it to be available if I needed it for medicinal purposes.
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2020, 08:52:38 AM »
Nevada passed a law that you can't refuse to hire a person because they peed hot. The law has no effect on federally regulated industries such as truck drivers and others.

To be clear it is if they test hot for pot. It is NV's affirmative action program.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 09:02:06 AM by DeadNutz »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2020, 11:36:38 AM »
Nevada passed a law that you can't refuse to hire a person because they peed hot. The law has no effect on federally regulated industries such as truck drivers and others.

To be clear it is if they test hot for pot. It is NV's affirmative action program.

I wonder how that affected those companies workmans comp modifiers?

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2020, 02:55:10 PM »
recreational? mehhhh.........mostly a bunch of stoners who just want it legal.

Do you really thing the majority of voters in Montana and South Dakota are stoners?

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2020, 04:58:51 PM »
compared to people from north dakota???   yes   :))
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!