Author Topic: Marijuana yay or nay  (Read 10552 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Marijuana yay or nay
« on: November 10, 2020, 06:44:20 PM »
So legal or illegal whats your stance

i just got my card in may and have to say its helped with my pain and stomach issues and ptsd.  :cool2: problems i found even if your legally taking it 75% places wont hire you in ohio if you piss positive.

Offline jabberwoki

Re: Marijuana yay or nay
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 07:17:36 PM »
Ya , i dont use it be who an i to say that you cannot.

Look at what OR just passed on drugs.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 07:27:39 PM »
I don't have a stance either way. I value my 2nd amendment rights too highly to possess or use the weed. You have to remember that having a gun on you and weed is a federal offense. You also can't have a CCW if you are a user in NV even though it has been legalized for medical and recreational use. Also as I pilot there was no way I would risk losing privileges for using that.

I know plenty of people that use it and grow it but it is not for me. 

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 07:34:47 PM »
I don't have a stance either way. I value my 2nd amendment rights too highly to possess or use the weed. You have to remember that having a gun on you and weed is a federal offense. You also can't have a CCW if you are a user in NV even though it has been legalized for medical and recreational use. Also as I pilot there was no way I would risk losing privileges for using that.

I know plenty of people that use it and grow it but it is not for me.
alot of truth in your post..

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 07:47:49 PM »
i am totally in favor of medicinal. it helps a lot of people.

recreational? mehhhh.........mostly a bunch of stoners who just want it legal.

my wife's cousin lives in colorado. a really smart young guy who can work hard and do most anything he puts his mind to. trouble is, he is a stoner and his pot smoking gets in the way of his jobs, life , family, etc.  he bounces from one good job to another but always seems to get one.it's painful to watch. evn from this distance.

the wife and i occasionally use some cbd oil products. they seem to work on the old aching joints when they flare up.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »
I'm also in favor of widespread medical use -- even in over the counter meds. I've seen some people make remarkable recoveries from using small amounts of THC and/or CBD in varied forms. I'm also a big believer in bringing the hemp industry back to life. Hemp is a relative of Marijuana, and the fiber is absolutely amazing for making rope, fabric, medicine, and bio oils.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 08:08:07 PM »
I'm also in favor of widespread medical use -- even in over the counter meds. I've seen some people make remarkable recoveries from using small amounts of THC and/or CBD in varied forms. I'm also a big believer in bringing the hemp industry back to life. Hemp is a relative of Marijuana, and the fiber is absolutely amazing for making rope, fabric, medicine, and bio oils.
i personally went from constantly having flashbacks i couldnt control to being able to calm myself. I no longer take xanax or my anti depressents with there huge list of side effects to taking a dropper and only having to worry about eatting a bag of beEf jerky from the munchies.... Im also no longer getting into arguments with everyone i meet and im overall happier

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 08:13:13 PM »
Any  thought on what that would do with arthritic joint pain in hands? The last couple of years I have been getting more and more joint paint in my hands.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 08:17:32 PM »
The insurance industry is the driver behind not hiring people who pee hot, but that will eventually change. We're getting to the point to where if you want something done you will have to hire them knowingly.

My brother worked for a big oilfield trucking company. they would get 25 applicants for a driver position and only get 2 that could pass it. and they demanded more money because they could pee clean, not because they were a better driver but they could pee clean. Drug tests were a big thing in the oilfield. if the drug testing folks came onto the location, everyone on site tested. If you tested hot you were no longer allowed on that companies property. I know of one crane company that was shut down because one of the crew leaders refused a test. The next day the crane company was told your no longer our crane company. They closed down that same week. So those guys that could pee clean demanded premium money

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 08:20:56 PM »
Any  thought on what that would do with arthritic joint pain in hands? The last couple of years I have been getting more and more joint paint in my hands.
youd benefit from a cbd muscle rub and if that doesnt help id try thc tinctures like i posted

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 10:43:02 PM »
Doesn't matter to me, but I would want it to be available if I needed it for medicinal purposes.
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2020, 08:52:38 AM »
Nevada passed a law that you can't refuse to hire a person because they peed hot. The law has no effect on federally regulated industries such as truck drivers and others.

To be clear it is if they test hot for pot. It is NV's affirmative action program.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 09:02:06 AM by DeadNutz »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2020, 11:36:38 AM »
Nevada passed a law that you can't refuse to hire a person because they peed hot. The law has no effect on federally regulated industries such as truck drivers and others.

To be clear it is if they test hot for pot. It is NV's affirmative action program.

I wonder how that affected those companies workmans comp modifiers?

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2020, 02:55:10 PM »
recreational? mehhhh.........mostly a bunch of stoners who just want it legal.

Do you really thing the majority of voters in Montana and South Dakota are stoners?

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2020, 04:58:51 PM »
compared to people from north dakota???   yes   :))

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 05:45:33 PM »

I wonder how that affected those companies workmans comp modifiers?

I don't know how it affected WC but the powers that be decided it is just fine to have MJ users operating rotating machinery, forklifts, company trucks and working in the foundry with molten materials. The restriction is on hiring the people but not once they are working.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 05:51:01 PM »
Put me in the no category.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 06:23:08 PM »
Only a idiot would smoke a doobie and Operate machinery... Now after work that your time...keep in mind you can smoke aand test positive 2 weeks later.if a accident happen bring in blood work and they test to within a few hrs

Offline highland512

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »
I have never used any variants of the devils lettuce. But I think a grown ass man or woman has the right to choose what they do at home.......

Employers letting employees test hot, not so much of an issue in an office setting. NO FLIPPING WAY ON A CONSTRUCTION SITE.

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2020, 06:52:11 PM »
I have never used any variants of the devils lettuce. But I think a grown ass man or woman has the right to choose what they do at home.......

Employers letting employees test hot, not so much of an issue in an office setting. NO FLIPPING WAY ON A CONSTRUCTION SITE.

devil's lettuce!  :lol_hitting:

are you my brother? your thoughts are much like mine. although.......... i have been known to have a cold one or 2 on the last couple rounds of the day. of course i am usually in the middle of a section(1 square mile for those of you that aren't flatlanders) and there isn't much to run into.

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2020, 06:57:26 PM »
i bet this thread hasn't ended up the way dustin thought!  ;)

Offline muddy

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2020, 07:14:30 PM »
I'm like most here not for me but as long as your not hurting others have at it

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline muddy

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2020, 07:19:44 PM »

devil's lettuce!  _hitting:

are you my brother? your thoughts are much like mine. although.......... i have been known to have a cold one or 2 on the last couple rounds of the day. of course i am usually in the middle of a section(1 square mile for those of you that aren't flatlanders) and there isn't much to run into.

What was your dad's view on that?

Just asking as it varies by farm. I know some that drink while doing field work others that frown upon any.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2020, 07:25:22 PM »
i bet this thread hasn't ended up the way dustin thought!  ;)
  :)) i expected a few nays but i still thought id give it a go...  :bravo_2:

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2020, 08:24:22 PM »

Just asking as it varies by farm. I know some that drink while doing field work others that frown upon any.

not a big drinker and you sure didn't do it all day or when there was any risks. Does thatake sense?

Offline highland512

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2020, 09:13:47 PM »

not a big drinker and you sure didn't do it all day or when there was any risks. Does thatake sense?

I know guys that do both. I have noticed one thing, the families that are real successful save the heavy 12oz curling until the machines are in the barn. Not to say a pop or two havnt been finished on the last round either. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 09:16:56 PM by highland512 »

Offline walrus

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2020, 04:49:51 AM »
People that wanted to partake in smoking weed were doing it whether it was legal or not. I smoked my share when younger, complete waste of time in hindsight.  I would use it again for medicinal reasons though. Pain, cancer treatments, etc. I rubbed CBD oil on my hands this morning but it has no THC.

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2020, 12:03:37 PM »

When CA went with medicinal, I had to be very upfront with my drivers and say if they couldn't pass a pee test they would be canned. I could not risk a DOT pull for one, have them fail it, and have that come back on the company. It was no different than driving so hungover that you could still smell the booze.

Offline muddy

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2020, 08:35:18 PM »

Makes perfect sense exactly how my grandfather was. H

Offline muddy

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2020, 08:38:06 PM »

I know guys that do both. I have noticed one thing, the families that are real successful save the heavy 12oz curling until the machines are in the barn. Not to say a pop or two havnt been finished on the last round either.
Yeah I always save the weight lifting for once the work is done. Not many people I know could work as hard during the day party at night like farmers lol

Offline highland512

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2020, 07:13:06 AM »

Yeah I always save the weight lifting for once the work is done. Not many people I know could work as hard during the day party at night like farmers lol

Thats a fact, I know one family that buys Busch Light by the pallet monthly. Im not even slightly joking.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2020, 08:10:46 PM »
I think it's a natural thing that is good for a lot of people and no worse for anyone than alcohol, as far as I know it's not known to be addictive either.

Beyond that I'm not even remotely interested in any of it, don't judge but it's just not for me.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline john k

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 10:18:22 PM »
Never smoked the stuff back when, but sure got affected by second hand smoke in the army.  Got a relative with a severe shoulder injury that gets great relief from the oil if that is what he  uses.  Otherwise he can barely pull a shirt on he is in so much pain.  His alternative is a whole box of meds,  you should see the list of side effects on those.   Am planning on trying something for the arthtitis in my hands, knees, and shoulders.  Besides, am at the point in life where one no longer has to pee in a cup every month.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 06:01:06 PM »
Peeing once a month? Now, that'd be a trick to know! :lol_hitting:

Seriously though, put me in the "no" crowd. Addictive or not, safe or not, legal or not, just the thought of people driving while smoking that stuff gives me chills. Alcohol is legal, yet how many people die each year in alcohol-related traffic accidents? I just don't see any good side to this.

With the CBD oil, I don't know enough about it to render an opinion.

Offline john k

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 06:59:33 PM »
One does have to control the fluid intake.  There is this ditch weed growing all over where I live.  Farmers grew it during WWII for rope,  it still persists. 

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 07:19:29 PM »
Yeah, I was just messing with your words! :)

With the meds my doctor has me on I'm peeing every hour. Or close to it. Really gotta watch the liquid intake, cause dehydration is a real concern.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2020, 07:55:37 PM »
Alcohol is legal, yet how many people die each year in alcohol-related traffic accidents?

Aside from drivers, and their presumably willing passengers, not many. 2,758 in 2018 according to the NHTSA. And that's a worst case number where a driver over 0.08% is assumed to be at fault. Strip out the fatalities where something else caused the wreck and that number will be lower.

https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812864

To put that tiny number of fatalities into perspective there were 4,000 total 'rona deaths reported Thursday and Friday of this week. But alcohol has been demonized by the authoritarian state to the point where some people willingly accept draconian bullshit like roadblocks. As things sit right now you're several times more likely to be killed by 'rona this month than you are to be killed by an "alcohol related" driver next year.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2020, 09:06:12 PM »
As with alcohol its illegal to consume cannabis and drive And to be honest with how strong some of this stuff is you wouldntbe able to find your keys if they were in your front pocket lol :hee20hee20hee:

Offline ron350

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2020, 09:46:43 PM »
Wish I could buy some of that THC oil for my arthritis pain but it will never be available in AL.

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2020, 10:43:15 AM »
Alcohol is legal, yet how many people die each year in alcohol-related traffic accidents?

Aside from drivers, and their presumably willing passengers, not many. 2,758 in 2018 according to the NHTSA. And that's a worst case number where a driver over 0.08% is assumed to be at fault. Strip out the fatalities where something else caused the wreck and that number will be lower.

https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812864

To put that tiny number of fatalities into perspective there were 4,000 total 'rona deaths reported Thursday and Friday of this week. But alcohol has been demonized by the authoritarian state to the point where some people willingly accept draconian bullshit like roadblocks. As things sit right now you're several times more likely to be killed by 'rona this month than you are to be killed by an "alcohol related" driver next year.

2758 deaths per year is much lower than I would have guessed, so I clicked on your link.

This is what I found on your link:
"In 2018 there were 10,511 fatalities in motor vehicle  traffic  crashes  in  which  at  least  one driver had a BAC of .08 g/dL or higher. This totaled  29  percent  of  all  traffic  fatalities  for the  year.  (Note:  It  is  illegal  in  every  State  to drive with a BAC of .08 g/dL or higher.)"

10,511 deaths per year, or about 3 in 10 of all traffic fatalities  which is more in line with what I would have guessed.  Years ago it was higher.  Back in the day when Dick Cheney was getting his DUIs it was no big deal and a lot more people died, due to both more drunks on the road, and cars that were not as safe as today's cars.

There is no excuse for risking other's lives due to alcohol, THC, texting, or operating a vehicle with bad brakes, lights, tires, etc.  I think we need to have more of an emphasis on people taking personal responsibility for their actions.  Big government can't solve all of our problems.

I agree with you that roadblocks are a violation of our 4th amendment constitutional rights.  It's the same issue with guns.  Why penalize all gun owners, when the vast majority of gun owners are law abiding upstanding citizens?

Safe travels everyone.

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2020, 07:33:35 AM »
Duh.  I had to read Matt's link a second time to understand his point.  Of the 10,511 fatalities I mentioned, most of those are drunks killing themselves and their passengers.  Of those 10,511, only 2,758 are in other vehicles or pedestrians.  Which is what Matt said in his post.

It's spelled out on the second page of Matt's link.

I get an F in reading comprehension.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2020, 01:10:17 PM »
Making cannabutter for my first time heres my supplys

Offline john k

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2020, 02:00:08 PM »
Canna butter, hmm, cannot help but to think of the taste. 

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2020, 02:03:09 PM »
be my first time so no idea how ots gonna turn out. But ill probably use it in baking.. Time for brownies

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2020, 02:23:09 PM »
be my first time so no idea how ots gonna turn out. But ill probably use it in baking.. Time for brownies

so are you using it for medicinal or just to get high.

that is some of my issue. lots of people say they need or want it for medicinal purposes. okay i can get behind that. not trying to be judgemental but brownies sounds more like someone wanting to get high rather than for medical use.

my point being. once it is okay and legal for medicinal then it is pushed that we may as well make it for recreational. that i am not so good with .

Offline walrus

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2020, 02:44:44 PM »

so are you using it for medicinal or just to get high.

that is some of my issue. lots of people say they need or want it for medicinal purposes. okay i can get behind that. not trying to be judgemental but brownies sounds more like someone wanting to get high rather than for medical use.

For what its worth I could care less if he/she or it smokes it, eats it, vapes it or whatever. No worse than drinking if you ask me

my point being. once it is okay and legal for medicinal then it is pushed that we may as well make it for recreational. that i am not so good with .
You don't have to smoke it if its in a baked good. They sell all kinds of baked goods for medicinal use.

Offline walrus

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2020, 02:50:57 PM »
legal or illegal there were/are plenty of folks getting high on pot. Tons of people in jails for pot and thats a true waste of resources. In maine its legal any way you want. I can buy plants, I can buy baked goods, I can buy buds. I'm not interested in any of it.

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2020, 05:41:41 PM »
maybe i am just naive. i know people who smoke it and or whatever they may do with it. hell if i wanted some i could probably have it tonight yet.  i could probably even get set to legally grow some by spring if i wanted. like walrus, i just have no interest. i should have probably  been more clear that i didn't have a problem with what you do as long as its legal.  i guess i just don't know all the ins and outs of it.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2020, 05:52:07 PM »
maybe i am just naive. i know people who smoke it and or whatever they may do with it. hell if i wanted some i could probably have it tonight yet.  i could probably even get set to legally grow some by spring if i wanted. like walrus, i just have no interest. i should have probably  been more clear that i didn't have a problem with what you do as long as its legal.  i guess i just don't know all the ins and outs of it.
takes awhile im still learning.  :cool2: 

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2020, 03:47:47 AM »
Nay.

That crap makes people STUPID.

I was a really bright kid when I fell in with the wrong crowd in HS. I, along with my new 'friends' smoked a LOT of that crap in HS - age 15-17 or so (which, since the adolescent brain is still developing, is the WORST time to smoke that shit :03:).

I started grasping for words - in my mind - which I had had NO problem finding before smoking this crap - which told me there was something WRONG.

Therefore - I stopped smoking that shit.

THE greatest regret in my life? Smoking pot. You know why they call it 'dope?'

Cuz it MAKES people dopes. ;)

***EDIT*** - My opinion and experience only.

Others may be different.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 03:38:35 AM by daves_not_here »
David

Offline highland512

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2020, 07:25:38 AM »

I looked into getting a growers license for hemp fiber or for oil production, but quit trying after I could find no market within a 100 mile radius. Nearest market I could find was in KY and Im not crossing state lines with that shit.