Author Topic: Marijuana yay or nay  (Read 10645 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Marijuana yay or nay
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 05:45:33 PM »
Nevada passed a law that you can't refuse to hire a person because they peed hot. The law has no effect on federally regulated industries such as truck drivers and others.

To be clear it is if they test hot for pot. It is NV's affirmative action program.

I wonder how that affected those companies workmans comp modifiers?

I don't know how it affected WC but the powers that be decided it is just fine to have MJ users operating rotating machinery, forklifts, company trucks and working in the foundry with molten materials. The restriction is on hiring the people but not once they are working.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 05:51:01 PM »
Put me in the no category.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 06:23:08 PM »
Only a idiot would smoke a doobie and Operate machinery... Now after work that your time...keep in mind you can smoke aand test positive 2 weeks later.if a accident happen bring in blood work and they test to within a few hrs

Online highland512

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »
I have never used any variants of the devils lettuce. But I think a grown ass man or woman has the right to choose what they do at home.......

Employers letting employees test hot, not so much of an issue in an office setting. NO FLIPPING WAY ON A CONSTRUCTION SITE.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2020, 06:52:11 PM »
I have never used any variants of the devils lettuce. But I think a grown ass man or woman has the right to choose what they do at home.......

Employers letting employees test hot, not so much of an issue in an office setting. NO FLIPPING WAY ON A CONSTRUCTION SITE.

devil's lettuce!  :lol_hitting:

are you my brother? your thoughts are much like mine. although.......... i have been known to have a cold one or 2 on the last couple rounds of the day. of course i am usually in the middle of a section(1 square mile for those of you that aren't flatlanders) and there isn't much to run into.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2020, 06:57:26 PM »
i bet this thread hasn't ended up the way dustin thought!  ;)

Offline muddy

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2020, 07:14:30 PM »
I'm like most here not for me but as long as your not hurting others have at it

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline muddy

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2020, 07:19:44 PM »

devil's lettuce!  _hitting:

are you my brother? your thoughts are much like mine. although.......... i have been known to have a cold one or 2 on the last couple rounds of the day. of course i am usually in the middle of a section(1 square mile for those of you that aren't flatlanders) and there isn't much to run into.

What was your dad's view on that?

Just asking as it varies by farm. I know some that drink while doing field work others that frown upon any.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2020, 07:25:22 PM »
i bet this thread hasn't ended up the way dustin thought!  ;)
  :)) i expected a few nays but i still thought id give it a go...  :bravo_2:

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2020, 08:24:22 PM »

Just asking as it varies by farm. I know some that drink while doing field work others that frown upon any.

not a big drinker and you sure didn't do it all day or when there was any risks. Does thatake sense?

Online highland512

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2020, 09:13:47 PM »

not a big drinker and you sure didn't do it all day or when there was any risks. Does thatake sense?

I know guys that do both. I have noticed one thing, the families that are real successful save the heavy 12oz curling until the machines are in the barn. Not to say a pop or two havnt been finished on the last round either. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 09:16:56 PM by highland512 »

Offline walrus

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2020, 04:49:51 AM »
People that wanted to partake in smoking weed were doing it whether it was legal or not. I smoked my share when younger, complete waste of time in hindsight.  I would use it again for medicinal reasons though. Pain, cancer treatments, etc. I rubbed CBD oil on my hands this morning but it has no THC.

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2020, 12:03:37 PM »
Nevada passed a law that you can't refuse to hire a person because they peed hot. The law has no effect on federally regulated industries such as truck drivers and others.

To be clear it is if they test hot for pot. It is NV's affirmative action program.

When CA went with medicinal, I had to be very upfront with my drivers and say if they couldn't pass a pee test they would be canned. I could not risk a DOT pull for one, have them fail it, and have that come back on the company. It was no different than driving so hungover that you could still smell the booze.

Offline muddy

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2020, 08:35:18 PM »

Makes perfect sense exactly how my grandfather was. H

Offline muddy

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2020, 08:38:06 PM »

I know guys that do both. I have noticed one thing, the families that are real successful save the heavy 12oz curling until the machines are in the barn. Not to say a pop or two havnt been finished on the last round either.
Yeah I always save the weight lifting for once the work is done. Not many people I know could work as hard during the day party at night like farmers lol