Author Topic: Marijuana yay or nay  (Read 10624 times)

Offline highland512

Re: Marijuana yay or nay
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2020, 07:13:06 AM »

Yeah I always save the weight lifting for once the work is done. Not many people I know could work as hard during the day party at night like farmers lol

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Thats a fact, I know one family that buys Busch Light by the pallet monthly. Im not even slightly joking.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2020, 08:10:46 PM »
I think it's a natural thing that is good for a lot of people and no worse for anyone than alcohol, as far as I know it's not known to be addictive either.

Beyond that I'm not even remotely interested in any of it, don't judge but it's just not for me.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline john k

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 10:18:22 PM »
Never smoked the stuff back when, but sure got affected by second hand smoke in the army.  Got a relative with a severe shoulder injury that gets great relief from the oil if that is what he  uses.  Otherwise he can barely pull a shirt on he is in so much pain.  His alternative is a whole box of meds,  you should see the list of side effects on those.   Am planning on trying something for the arthtitis in my hands, knees, and shoulders.  Besides, am at the point in life where one no longer has to pee in a cup every month.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 06:01:06 PM »
Peeing once a month? Now, that'd be a trick to know! :lol_hitting:

Seriously though, put me in the "no" crowd. Addictive or not, safe or not, legal or not, just the thought of people driving while smoking that stuff gives me chills. Alcohol is legal, yet how many people die each year in alcohol-related traffic accidents? I just don't see any good side to this.

With the CBD oil, I don't know enough about it to render an opinion.

Offline john k

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 06:59:33 PM »
One does have to control the fluid intake.  There is this ditch weed growing all over where I live.  Farmers grew it during WWII for rope,  it still persists. 

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 07:19:29 PM »
Yeah, I was just messing with your words! :)

With the meds my doctor has me on I'm peeing every hour. Or close to it. Really gotta watch the liquid intake, cause dehydration is a real concern.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2020, 07:55:37 PM »
Alcohol is legal, yet how many people die each year in alcohol-related traffic accidents?

Aside from drivers, and their presumably willing passengers, not many. 2,758 in 2018 according to the NHTSA. And that's a worst case number where a driver over 0.08% is assumed to be at fault. Strip out the fatalities where something else caused the wreck and that number will be lower.

https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812864

To put that tiny number of fatalities into perspective there were 4,000 total 'rona deaths reported Thursday and Friday of this week. But alcohol has been demonized by the authoritarian state to the point where some people willingly accept draconian bullshit like roadblocks. As things sit right now you're several times more likely to be killed by 'rona this month than you are to be killed by an "alcohol related" driver next year.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2020, 09:06:12 PM »
As with alcohol its illegal to consume cannabis and drive And to be honest with how strong some of this stuff is you wouldntbe able to find your keys if they were in your front pocket lol :hee20hee20hee:

Offline ron350

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2020, 09:46:43 PM »
Wish I could buy some of that THC oil for my arthritis pain but it will never be available in AL.

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2020, 10:43:15 AM »
Alcohol is legal, yet how many people die each year in alcohol-related traffic accidents?

Aside from drivers, and their presumably willing passengers, not many. 2,758 in 2018 according to the NHTSA. And that's a worst case number where a driver over 0.08% is assumed to be at fault. Strip out the fatalities where something else caused the wreck and that number will be lower.

https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812864

To put that tiny number of fatalities into perspective there were 4,000 total 'rona deaths reported Thursday and Friday of this week. But alcohol has been demonized by the authoritarian state to the point where some people willingly accept draconian bullshit like roadblocks. As things sit right now you're several times more likely to be killed by 'rona this month than you are to be killed by an "alcohol related" driver next year.

2758 deaths per year is much lower than I would have guessed, so I clicked on your link.

This is what I found on your link:
"In 2018 there were 10,511 fatalities in motor vehicle  traffic  crashes  in  which  at  least  one driver had a BAC of .08 g/dL or higher. This totaled  29  percent  of  all  traffic  fatalities  for the  year.  (Note:  It  is  illegal  in  every  State  to drive with a BAC of .08 g/dL or higher.)"

10,511 deaths per year, or about 3 in 10 of all traffic fatalities  which is more in line with what I would have guessed.  Years ago it was higher.  Back in the day when Dick Cheney was getting his DUIs it was no big deal and a lot more people died, due to both more drunks on the road, and cars that were not as safe as today's cars.

There is no excuse for risking other's lives due to alcohol, THC, texting, or operating a vehicle with bad brakes, lights, tires, etc.  I think we need to have more of an emphasis on people taking personal responsibility for their actions.  Big government can't solve all of our problems.

I agree with you that roadblocks are a violation of our 4th amendment constitutional rights.  It's the same issue with guns.  Why penalize all gun owners, when the vast majority of gun owners are law abiding upstanding citizens?

Safe travels everyone.

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2020, 07:33:35 AM »
Duh.  I had to read Matt's link a second time to understand his point.  Of the 10,511 fatalities I mentioned, most of those are drunks killing themselves and their passengers.  Of those 10,511, only 2,758 are in other vehicles or pedestrians.  Which is what Matt said in his post.

It's spelled out on the second page of Matt's link.

I get an F in reading comprehension.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2020, 01:10:17 PM »
Making cannabutter for my first time heres my supplys

Offline john k

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2020, 02:00:08 PM »
Canna butter, hmm, cannot help but to think of the taste. 

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2020, 02:03:09 PM »
be my first time so no idea how ots gonna turn out. But ill probably use it in baking.. Time for brownies

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2020, 02:23:09 PM »
be my first time so no idea how ots gonna turn out. But ill probably use it in baking.. Time for brownies

so are you using it for medicinal or just to get high.

that is some of my issue. lots of people say they need or want it for medicinal purposes. okay i can get behind that. not trying to be judgemental but brownies sounds more like someone wanting to get high rather than for medical use.

my point being. once it is okay and legal for medicinal then it is pushed that we may as well make it for recreational. that i am not so good with .
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!