Author Topic: Whadya say Ray?  (Read 4002 times)

Offline jabberwoki

Whadya say Ray?
« on: July 29, 2020, 08:40:04 PM »
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Whadya say Ray?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 08:55:49 PM »
Really wanna get me going eh Jabber?  --- LOL

It's a good looking car for what it is, but i'm not a Foose car fan. He lost the original E-Type vibe and made it a Foose-Type. His open tops are always just roadsters, but in this case he should have kept the rag top. The custom rockers are too large and don't show the beautiful panel rolls and proportions of each side of the car -- making it look out of proportion.

Being a Series III I like the new rear end they made since the Series II and III were nowhere near as sleek looking as the classic Series I. That said, he should have made it look more like a Series I rear. Why mess with perfection! Lastly -- Fake Foose "Wire Wheels" -- really?  Come on, that's pure sacrilege. E-Types roll on Chrome wire wheels. Which is one of the reasons why the Series III was so shunned when some models came without that classic wheel.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 09:06:37 PM »
Te he he :040:
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 08:32:30 AM »
That looks like something customized in the hood. Should of put bigger wheels on it. :lol_hitting:

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 11:39:03 AM »
 :38: I wish these ass holes would stop ruining beautiful designs.

Edit.  Aubrey says it looks like pure dog shit.   
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 02:23:55 PM »
Another one in the camp he ruined a nice car but then I am not a CF fan.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 03:16:11 PM »
If Foose wanted to build a modern interpretation of an E-Type -- (roadster only), then this is where he should have started. This is the British Eagle Speedster. It retains the characteristics of the classic Series I, while using modern technology in an upgraded 4.2L Jaguar engine and modern drivetrain components. This is a true homage to the spirit of the E-Type -- NOT the Foose-Type.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 03:30:07 PM »
I think CF has done some very nice work bringing cars and trucks back to fantastic condition. Then he blows the whole deal by putting his custom wheels on the vehicle which ruins the nice work.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 03:52:40 PM »
The E Type and in particular the series I, IMO, is one of the most beautiful cars ever built and it is not an easy to task to improve on it. Even Jaguar couldn't improve the looks.

At least he didn't plaster one of his garish two tone paint schemes on the car - it was already done enough indignity.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 10:23:18 PM »
Shoot, that carbon fiber exhaust manifold looks sweet! :c029:

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 10:36:36 PM »
Shoot, that carbon fiber exhaust manifold looks sweet! :c029:
Looks like exhaust, and often confused, but that’s the intake manifold George. The large canister below contains the air filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GNAP

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 08:38:37 AM »
Beautiful car, typical foose crap, wheels are not in proportion, I’ve never seen a car with wheels with a rubber band rapped around the rim, improve the looks, looks almost ghetto style
jack

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 07:35:03 PM »
 Agree wheels do not fit, car sits to high .... car looks stretched, maybe the wheels are doing that..... the boy has lost his touch E jag ruined. When  think of an E jag I see a red car with beautiful chrome spoked wheels.

Maybe side pipes would lower the look ......... :017:

Beautiful car, typical foose crap, wheels are not in proportion, I’ve never seen a car with wheels with a rubber band rapped around the rim, improve the looks, looks almost ghetto style
1776 ................... what happened!