Author Topic: New Autel 539B  (Read 4351 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
New Autel 539B
« on: January 04, 2019, 11:34:13 AM »
Received some Amazon gift cards for X-Mas and decided to spring for this Autel. For a DIY guy this scanner is pretty useful and reasonably priced (around $85) = Reads codes, interprets codes and suggests most common fixes associated with the codes (not only OBDII, but also manufacturer specific codes), tests batteries and starters (no more huge carbon pile VAT type units needed), has a built in multimeter, a patented I/M check for assuring that the car can pass an emission check before you show up at the station, and best of all it can show and graph LIVE data PIDS. It's a pretty darn good little marvel --

I have an older AutoXray EZscan 2000 and although capable, it's no longer supported since SPX bought AutoXray some years ago, and they absolutely have terrible online customer service support. Hence it's time for an upgrade.

Looking forward to using it to keep the family fleet in good running order.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: New Autel 539B
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 11:42:56 AM »
Watching this. My sons truck is giving me fits right now.  Had to replace the throttle body and now thw acc.pedal in t body won't sync...... >:(
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 12:32:52 PM »
Received some Amazon gift cards for X-Mas and decided to spring for this Autel. For a DIY guy this scanner is pretty useful and reasonably priced (around $85) = Reads codes, interprets codes and suggests most common fixes associated with the codes (not only OBDII, but also manufacturer specific codes), tests batteries and starters (no more huge carbon pile VAT type units needed), has a built in multimeter, a patented I/M check for assuring that the car can pass an emission check before you show up at the station, and best of all it can show and graph LIVE data PIDS. It's a pretty darn good little marvel --

The code reader portion looks good for the price point. The I/M readiness isn't what the marketing dept is implying though. Most readers have this functionality. What they've somehow managed to patent is running the check with a dedicated push button.

The DMM and battery tester portion looks very interesting. Screenshots in the manual look like the DMM is capable of graphing. And the battery test is probably worth $85 by itself.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 12:41:41 PM »
Watching this. My sons truck is giving me fits right now.  Had to replace the throttle body and now thw acc.pedal in t body won't sync...... >:(

Might take more than a code reader to fix that one. Have you tried googling the problem yet? That should tell you whether you'll need a real scan tool to run a re-learn.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 01:25:22 PM »
Not the first time a new throttle body had a faulty sensor right out of the box ---  after all it's probably Chinesium . Might also have to do a relearn on that throttle body and accelerator position. Have you completed a complete drivecycle with it -- or just have it sit and idle?

This Autel tool version won't help with the reset and relearn procedure -- although other Autel units will.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 01:28:08 PM by goodfellow »

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 01:37:30 PM »
I have done some homework and i am hearing all of the same stuff you are telling me. Some say it should learn within 100 miles. I just stopped at my buddies body shop and gooked up to his fancy snap on scanner. Same results as my elcheapo.

Me thinks i may have a bad tb right out of the box.

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 01:48:16 PM »
Very nice.

I've got the AL619 model and have been pleased with the information it makes available.

Updating is a bit clumsy requiring removal of the MicroSD card and connection to the web site with my Windoze box but it does update and adds functionality.
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 04:09:15 PM »
Had to go to the dealer and reflash the puter........

Seems fine now.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 06:21:06 PM »
I've had a cheaper Autel scanner for a while and its done everything I needed it for. The wifes Durango seems to have a code a week game going right now. I've saved a ton of $$$ just turning those codes off.  ;D

Offline torqueman2002

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 11:11:19 AM »
I do like the Autel line. That is a killer price for all the functionality.

I have the MS908 and it has great domestic coverage, including bi-directional control.
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher