Author Topic: on clearance, 4.5 inch dewalt grinder deal at tsc.  (Read 4305 times)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
on clearance, 4.5 inch dewalt grinder deal at tsc.
« on: January 08, 2019, 10:31:29 PM »
i picked this 2 pack of grinders up at tsc today. not premium models by any stretch but i find that when working on a project it is handier to have several grinders preset with the appropriate accessory than it is to change them out.  says usa on the package. i know enough to realize that many parts are probably imports but i believe it is a step in the right direction.

1 box with 2 boxes and 2 of everything inside each box. grinder, handle, wheel, guard and wrench.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:37:50 PM by skfarmer »
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: on clearance, 4.5 inch dewalt grinder deal at tsc.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:35:15 PM »
just over 40 bucks with tax each out the door. that s a decent deal in my book.  here are the specs.

Offline john k

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 10:38:24 PM »
Great deal,  should I buy another angle grinder, it will be a DeWalt.  My present DeWalt was found frozen in ice, in the bed of a contractors truck, traded in where I worked.   Chipped it out,  let it dry for a week,  and it still works!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:56:06 PM »
Those for 25% off is a decent deal. My 11amp DW cost a little more than what you paid for the two 7.5amp models. It is nice to have 2 grinders with different wheels as you say. I have the DW and a Makita 4" I have had for about 30yrs. I think the 4.5" wheels are cheaper than the 4" now.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 11:12:56 PM »
Those for 25% off is a decent deal. My 11amp DW cost a little more than what you paid for the two 7.5amp models. It is nice to have 2 grinders with different wheels as you say. I have the DW and a Makita 4" I have had for about 30yrs. I think the 4.5" wheels are cheaper than the 4" now.

ha, 2 grinders? i probably have about 6 4.5 inch grinders now but they all will get used. wire wheel, straight cut off wheel, depressed cutoff wheel, grinding wheel, flap wheel. that is 5, did i miss something?

i looked on the shelf and a 7 amp with side switch was about 60 bucks and i don't like the side switch. a comparable 9 amp paddle switch was about the same price as the two of these and and  a 5 inch 11 amp rat tail is over 100.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 07:54:21 AM »
Nice grab Harlan.  Makes it nice to have different grinders for different purposes.  Saves time getting a repair done and I know sometimes you need to get a machine back into the field quickly.

Bruce has a nice selection of grinders hanging off his bench.  Problem is, he has to change his shoes every time he swaps grinders :))

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 09:57:33 AM »
Damn good deal! Congrats Harlan - good get on that sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 10:38:51 AM »
Damn good deal! Congrats Harlan - good get on that sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they were doing mark downs yesterday and i was hoping for a better deal as they went to that last week but i doubt they would have sat there another week. lots of good deals on holiday promo stuff at tsc now. wouldn't hurt to have a look if you have one close by.

they also had a a  flexzilla 1/2 drive stubby/compact  impact wrench with  25 foot flexzilla hose  and fittings for 119. i have heard pretty good things about them.

Offline muddy

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 01:54:53 PM »
That's a good buy for that price!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline slip knot

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 05:04:40 PM »
Cant have enough grinders. that's a pretty good deal.

I bought some of the flexzilla hose at last years sales. so far they've held up well. Kinda wimpy feeling but they surprised me.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 06:30:09 PM »
I bought a 3 pack of 100' 3/8 air hoses at TSC for $11 a couple weeks ago. They are PVC and rated for 300psi.