Author Topic: Eastwood hand tools  (Read 4935 times)

Offline Fins/413

Eastwood hand tools
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:53:44 PM »
I just noticed Eastwood started selling wrenches and socket sets. They look pretty nice, any idea who is making them?

Offline Conductor562

Re: Eastwood hand tools
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:59:47 PM »
They’ve been around a little while. As best I recall they were sourced from JS Products who was behind a bunch of stuff. Brands like Steelman, Titan, the Taiwan Kobalt stuff, they also supply enough stuff to the truck brands to make a fanboy keel over dead.

A lot of it is decent stuff. Nothing extraordinary, but sufficient.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 08:36:53 AM »
So it's basically Taiwanese stuff ?-- which from my experience is usually pretty darn good quality. Even the HF Taiwanese tools are excellent these days.
I'm glad to see Eastwood expand the line --

Offline Elroy

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 08:18:26 PM »
Elroy picked up some 1/2" drive, metric sockets a couple of years ago from the pawn shop that were Eastwood brand. They don't have China stamped in them, they don't have Taiwan stamped............They're stamped Eastwood. They're definitely an import but look and perform OK. Then again Elroy hasn't had the need to push them hard either.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 10:14:15 AM »
I think Clint Eastwood's hand tools from Dirty Harry are great. ;D

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 10:44:54 AM »
I think Clint Eastwood's hand tools from Dirty Harry are great. ;D

Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, i kind of lost track myself. But being that this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 11:19:09 AM »
I think that one line in the movie did more for S&W stock, and the sale of 44 Magnum handguns, than any other advertising campaign in firearms marketing history.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 07:45:48 PM »
Yeah absolutely iconic. Nothing else really to be said and likely you are correct it probably sold the crap out of 44 mags. Besides, who doesn't love Harry Callahan.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Online slip knot

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 08:18:21 PM »
That was the absolute reason I had to have a .44mag.

Couldn't afford the S&W tho. had a Ruger Blackhawk.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 08:31:35 PM »
That was the absolute reason I had to have a .44mag.

Couldn't afford the S&W tho. had a Ruger Blackhawk.

Same for me on wanting a .44mag after watching that movie. I liked the Virginian Dragoon SA in stainless with a 6" barrel so I bought that. My brother's wife already had a Blackhawk .44mag when he married her. She wasn't a big gal but handled that gun very well.

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 12:33:53 AM »
I think that one line in the movie did more for S&W stock, and the sale of 44 Magnum handguns, than any other advertising campaign in firearms marketing history.

It absolutely did. I watched a video once about that very subject. The Model 29 was barely in production prior to the movie because there just wasn’t much demand. To the point that the producers had a hard time acquiring the 4 guns they needed. The Dirty Harry movies drove up demand so much that 29’s, especially with the correct 6-1/2” barrels, were going for double the MSRP and IIRC, it was up into the early 90’s before the MSRP and the going rate stabilized. My dad had a 29 8” that a guy wanted so bad he traded a Springfield and Colt Commander 1911, and a cheaper 9mm all 3 for it. He had a couple guys show up to Concealed Carry Classes with .41 Mags because the couldn’t find or afford a 29. Crazy stuff

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 12:57:29 PM »
Great story on the Dirty Harry line and the 44 mags. 

Clint certainly played the badass role to the hilt.