Author Topic: went by the sears outlet  (Read 9219 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
went by the sears outlet
« on: February 07, 2019, 08:12:53 PM »
The place had several tables out with 50% off stuff. I took the opportunity to pick up some made in usa pieces. Most notably two 14mm deep 3/8 drive six point sockets to replace one I lost. Apparently, according to the associate, they closed a Sears at the mall a couple towns over and this was there inventory.

There was a post about bottle openers and I scored this one. I will have to post the pix of the kobalt ones I have again.

Averaged about $4.25 per piece.

Might have over paid for the sockets but didn't know if the opportunity would present itself again so I bought em.

1/2', 13mm and 15mm  Ill probably give em to my son and son in law for Christmas. They were 50% off the marked price.

Couldn't pass up these pliers. $8.75 ea and made in usa. I like these because there isn't a nut to loosen. Also two will go as gifts.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 10:26:00 AM by TexasT »
Rich

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: went by the sears outlet
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 08:21:08 PM »
They have some of those pliers at the local hardware and they look like an excellent tool, I may have to pick up a pair of the linesmans.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:45:06 PM »
I'm assuming the Sears outlets are going out just like the regular store?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline ken w.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 12:43:14 PM »
I didn't know there were any Sears Outlet stores left anymore.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 04:14:37 PM »
Our local Sears outlet is at the KMart - and that location is one that's being closed! :-[

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 07:12:41 AM »
That is funny yours is in the old Kmart as ours is too, along with a church on one side and an office depot on the other in the old Kmart space.

According to the associate I talked to, this outlet is a privately owned franchise. He commented that the Sears in the mall closest to my home wont be closing from what he knew.

I am glad as that is where I buy new tires. I know the mgr and shop guy and make sure to get the shop guy "taken care of" with some "lunch money" and he always gets right on my loose wheels when I come in. I don't let anyone take wheels on and off the vehicles any more. I got tired of replacing studs that were cross threaded. I have an extra pair of wheels for most of my vehicles so I have some back ups if something goes wrong. No wonder I don't have any room in my garage.
Rich

Online highland512

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 07:33:06 AM »
I didn't know there were any Sears Outlet stores left anymore.

I was told by a Sears outlet employee that the Sears you see in a mall and Sears outlet are two totally different companies. He said that Sears outlet has to buy their appliances and other liquidation pieces from Sears along with Lowes, JCP, and others.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 03:58:48 PM »
Picked up some of the 8" slipjoints at the hardware today, and the fit and finish is amazing.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 07:04:39 PM »
Was over to the Lowes picking up some stuff and they had some "clearance" items I couldn't do without. Also picked up this set of Allen sockets at an estate sale around the corner from the house. Probably paid too much at $10 but id never seen one like it though it is a made in Japan set. I thought the box was cool.
Rich

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 07:26:46 PM »
This came in the mail the other day too. I've wanted one for decades. I hope it helps me be able to reuse the caps Instead of generally having to buy new ones to replace the ones I've destroyed during removal.

I think i gave like $35 but I don't remember. It has someone's initials that have been "rubbed" but I'm sure that doesn't effect the function.
Rich

Offline ken w.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 07:31:22 PM »
That tool works awesome.  That's one of the first tools I bought when I first started at a Ford dealer.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2019, 07:43:53 PM »
It is a great tool to have. New its 80 or 85 so you did pretty good on it.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 01:32:19 PM »
YOu did fine on the grease cap pliers.  I have picked up a few pairs cheap at auctions because no one knew what they were for but I go to a lot of auctions.

As to the allen set,  you paid what it was worth and didn't have to travel to get it so you did fine.

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 05:03:15 PM »
I thought it funny that it had $29 inside on the paper card. I have a set of snappy Allen sockets so these will probably never see use. If I was offering it would have been less. I picked up a one gallon gas can with old style spout for $2 to balance it out. Wife loves those kind of sales. The lady riding heard over the sale said that at 3pm when the sale opened there were several guys who went straight upstairs to get this old guys model airplanes and helicopters. And bought em all in about ten minutes. He was a colonel in the marine corps. Sad his kids didn't want the stuff but I guess ya can't save it all. I'm sure my kids will bring in one of those giant dumpsters and pitch most of my stuff in when the time comes.
Rich

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 08:21:28 AM »
if i ever see one of those grease cap pliers it is mine!

i do have a set of those wide opening/large jaw vice grips made in china. my plan is to weld some metal tips on it to make a grease cap pliers but i never seem to get around to it. could you post up pics of the tip on yours?
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!