Author Topic: Anyone being affected by the shutdown?  (Read 47976 times)

Offline Lance

Re: Anyone being affected by the shutdown?
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2019, 01:20:32 PM »
This VERY rich woman lives near the Border.
She is perfectly clear on how she feels
https://www.facebook.com/NoMoreLibtards/videos/679605045752539/

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2019, 01:35:41 PM »
I live 70 miles from the border. So, while it's not next door, it's pretty close.

There's lots of activity that reeks of illegal immigration locally but the democratic-controlled city and county leaders cover it up, run interference, or ignore it. But if you look and observe you will see it.
The one conservative talk radio station got sold last month and so we no longer have any voice to counter the lame stream media. Their bias is so blatant even the Mrs. picks it up. You can't trust anything they say -  they even manage to screw up the weather.  :D

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2019, 02:07:24 PM »
Pope's salesman in the area ain't happy about the wall.  Might cut off some of their relocation and Sec 8 housing income.  His boss who lives behind a big wall don't like that.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! The Catholic Church and many other religious organizations are making billions from the "illegal immigrant problem". These organizations take care and vouch for the immigrants once they get dropped off across the country by ICE. Once in your local communities it's the Catholic Church that bill the government for the care and service of these people. -- As Walrus says!! -- Follow the Money --

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2019, 03:54:51 PM »
I goggled the social cost of illegal aliens and one source said $135 billion annually.  Likely an estimate from a conservative source so it may be high.  I divided that by 375 million people (my guess at the US population) and came up with $360 per man, woman and child its costing us to have this problem.  Family of 4 comes to $1440 a year cost of illegals.  Subtract out those that don't pay any taxes or little taxes and the costs per family rise quickly. 

So if average income is $72K a year (I don't know) that is working one week a year (gross) to pay for the illegals.

That puts it in perspective for me.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2019, 04:00:37 PM »
I goggled the social cost of illegal aliens and one source said $135 billion annually.  Likely an estimate from a conservative source so it may be high.  I divided that by 375 million people (my guess at the US population) and came up with $360 per man, woman and child its costing us to have this problem.  Family of 4 comes to $1440 a year cost of illegals.  Subtract out those that don't pay any taxes or little taxes and the costs per family rise quickly. 

So if average income is $72K a year (I don't know) that is working one week a year (gross) to pay for the illegals.

That puts it in perspective for me.

Does that include their "anchor babies"; i.e., once they deliver a spankin' new US Citizen on US soil? I'm sure the costs skyrocket once once you factor in the fact that the tax payer will have to pay for these kids for decades.

Offline Lance

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2019, 04:56:53 PM »
Lets say, just to keep the math simple enough nobody needs to pull their socks off, Illegals only cost the US sucker taxpayer 100 Billion a year.

Trump is asking doe 5 Billion to build some of the WALL now.  That's 5% (FIVE PERCENT for math challenged folks) or 1 stinking Nickle out of each and every Dollar Uncle Sucker spends out of my pocket.

The criminals in the manure digester atop Crapitall Hill in the Swamp led by Nancy PeeLousey & Chuckles  say the WALL won't work.  Nancy knows cause her mansion in Frisco, the city with $#!T maps is surrounded by a high wall, and her personal wall makes her an expert.  There appears to be more $#!T on Nancy's side of her wall than there is on the public side. 
Oddly, there is a section of wall that was lengthened from about 5 miles to roughly 56 miles, and since it didn't work, according to Nancy, border penetrations along that stretch of Border are down by 90%±. 

So, without even pulling my shoes off I can make a projection.  90% reduction in arriving Undocumented Democraps on a 56 mile stretch of Border = minimally 50% reduction in UDs sucking welfare Dollars.  Next step requires all my fingers, but less welfare collectors = LESS Dollars spent and that means the WALL is a profit rather than a cost.  I bet if I pulled my boots off I could figure out how the WALL will be a superior return on investment than paved streets that only exist in Frisco from the Airport to Nancy's MANSION.

Another question comes to mind, in 2015 Team Blue, who don't like being called Democraps any more held a Convention in Sh!tcago  Right there on network TV with my very own eyes I saw miles of steel barricades to KEEP PEOPLE OUT of the Convict center.  They also had a lot of big armed guards.  The only way anyone penetrated that barrier was with proper photo ID. 
Why did Team Blue put up all that barrier if walls don't work?
WHY was photo ID required to get beyond that barrier if photo ID isn't necessary to vote?

Just wondering?

I won't even ask how much kickback Chuck and Nancy get on resettlement contracts from Jewish Charity and the Catlick church. 

Offline slip knot

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2019, 05:38:51 PM »
People who have not lived in a barrio full of illegals don't have a clue what it is truly like. The wife and I lived at her shop for 6 years which was in the heart of the barrio in East L.A.. I wish Chuck and Nancy could spend a night there to enjoy the atmosphere. Lying in bed listening to the gunshots and police helicopters at night, dealing with the gangbangers who are vandalizing your building with graffiti and the trash and containers of used oil and other items dumped on your street and sidewalk daily and nightly. They would be running fast back to their high walled mansions with their bodyguards. The police also told me to carry locked and loaded at all times even though it is not legal.

The neighbors next door told me how they received $2500 a year for each kid they had. Also the EBT, WIC and SNAP programs let them eat pretty darn good with healthcare provided by free clinics or the ER.

Offline four.cycle

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2019, 06:25:50 PM »
^ well.... that's all fine and well, but it isn't going to change anything.

this is Politics 101. there is no way Donald Trump gets anything from a Democrat-controlled Congress for the next two years.
remember Barack Obama and Mitch McConnell and the Republican majority Senate?
same/same.
what comes around goes around.
Trump gets nothing from Congress for two years. doesn't matter what it is, the answer is going to be a resounding NO. 
there is no way they're going to buckle under on this deal, because Trump would believe he can pull this bullshit any time and get what he wants.

enjoy!

Offline Lance

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2019, 06:28:50 PM »
Forbes article put health care at 18.5 Billion

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2018/02/26/how-american-citizens-finance-health-care-for-undocumented-immigrants/#113169ea12c4

I'd tend, without taking my shoes off, to call that number a little low.

The Feds have a very cute habit of settting rules and shoving the bill off to State & County tax bills to hide the true cost.
I just happen to have my County tax bill handy so I can finish puking and then pay it.  46% of County taxes are spent on Medicaid and other benefits.  16.5% is Medicaid. 
I'll be dropping my low price made in China Generic calming pill now.  Naturally Medicaid people get the top line made in US pills that really work, but who am I to complain?

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2019, 06:34:07 PM »
Amen DeadNutz,

I'm out of Miami, 87 it's a 3rd world country. Anyone that has never lived in a city and seen what a frigging invasion looks like has a zero clue.

Miami ... Mariel boat lift, Jimmy carter goes to the beach welcomes the boat people. Flies back to DC after the photos ............. 3 months later. Bugger King reefers are parked next to the city morgue. No place to put the bodies.

Folks once made fun of the locals for complaining about cubans. But here we are 2019 and seems that all of a sudden. When this shit is in their backyards, cities and state it is a problem ..

Funny how that works, is it not? I could say I have the last laugh here but this shit ain't funny. And people need and better wise up

@ Walrus,

I do not know if President Trump can fix it myself, but what I do know .... it's a start. We got to suck it up and start acting like adults and protect America. For crying our loud we have lost English as the primary language of the country ....

MELDING POT, others come here to learn our way of life and MELD into the socitiy. It is ass backwards right now. We change for every other country .. and now no country just a landfill.

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2019, 06:51:10 PM »

Trump gets nothing from Congress for two years. doesn't matter what it is, the answer is going to be a resounding NO. 
there is no way they're going to buckle under on this deal, because Trump would believe he can pull this bullshit any time and get what he wants.

enjoy!

So you truly believe Trump is pulling bullshit rather than trying to improve our national security?

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2019, 07:23:30 PM »

enjoy!

So you truly believe Trump is pulling bullshit rather than trying to improve our national security?

No I think he means that the Dems don't give a rip about anything but their agenda and saving face. Trump could cure cancer and give every American $1000 and they'd still hate him. They won't give him a win, even if it means destroying the country.

Offline four.cycle

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2019, 08:28:59 PM »
love this NYT story just breaking that the FBI has been investigating Trump to see if he's been working for the Russians.
wonder what shiny object he'll be tossing out tomorrow morning on Twitter to try to distract attention away from that one?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2019, 09:16:36 PM »

this is Politics 101. there is no way Donald Trump gets anything from a Democrat-controlled Congress for the next two years.
remember Barack Obama and Mitch McConnell and the Republican majority Senate?
same/same.
what comes around goes around.

enjoy!

I'll agree that the Democrats wont cave to Trumps wall regardless of what goes on. That's why I hope Trumps shuts the government down for a year if necessary. Partisan politics is killing this country Eventually someones going to have to break partisan politics back. Why not Trump, Why not now.