Author Topic: Speeders: what the heck.  (Read 808 times)

Offline john k

Re: Speeders: what the heck.
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2024, 07:42:26 AM »
There is one speeder I found used.  1/2 drive, chrome, on the drive end instead of a fixed male square 1/2, is a roll-head 1/2 flex head aka breaker bar.  Could be used to break loose fasteners, then flip to straight to unscrew, save switching to a different handle.  Name on it is OTC, Owatonna Tool co.  Which is partially ground off, factory use?  Factory made for sure. Maybe arrived when air tools were becoming the norm.  Have 1/4 in, 3/8, and 1/2 in.  but the one most used is a 3/8 Craftsman, handle has a ball bearing,  plus the C in the name wraps clear under the M, which indicates 1940s manufacturing?

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2024, 04:16:46 PM »
I've got around fifteen or so, but nothing like that.

Correction, I have at least 25.  No wonder I don't have any room!   :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline Elroy

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2024, 04:29:13 PM »
Elroy has a 100 year old Mossburg Tee spinner in 1/2
It has the Elroy socket detent ball repair, described while standing at the urinal about 15 years ago.

It stated out a pitted mess as well. its a kool piece but Elroy has never used it. Elroy will have to snap some fresh pics.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2024, 08:27:03 PM »
There is one speeder I found used.  1/2 drive, chrome, on the drive end instead of a fixed male square 1/2, is a roll-head 1/2 flex head aka breaker bar.  Could be used to break loose fasteners, then flip to straight to unscrew, save switching to a different handle.  Name on it is OTC, Owatonna Tool co.  Which is partially ground off, factory use?  Factory made for sure. Maybe arrived when air tools were becoming the norm.  Have 1/4 in, 3/8, and 1/2 in.  but the one most used is a 3/8 Craftsman, handle has a ball bearing,  plus the C in the name wraps clear under the M, which indicates 1940s manufacturing?

I have seen pictures of those and suspect if I had ever encountered one I would have bought one myself! Very enviable I would say.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!