Author Topic: 707 set  (Read 257 times)

Offline snapmom

707 set
« on: February 14, 2024, 08:28:09 AM »
707 set,  hardware store sets, diff ones for diff autos,  I have only seen Fords
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 08:29:46 AM by snapmom »

Offline muddy

Re: 707 set
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 08:05:13 PM »
Is that for the Ts?

Sent from my twisted mind of the mudman

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 08:34:32 PM »
Is that for the Ts?
Correct, the location of the fuel tank alone tells that. A's, the gas tank was in the cowl right in front of the windshield was the fill hole. The tanks themselves rode inside right behind the dash sandwiched between the back if the dash and the back side of the firewall. Much more in the print identified it as a T, but that was the first thing that quickly jumped out with just a casual glance.
Sent from my twisted mind of the mudman
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline john k

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 09:12:55 PM »
Interesting kit, have seen model specific tool kits for Chevrolets, Dodge bros. In old ads and my Chilton directory.  Hard to think car owners would tackle a job hoping they had every tool necessary, even with many sizes missing.  Hardly ever found vehicles with only original sized bolts.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 09:33:28 PM »
Factory tool kits were a thing back in the day. Europeans especially excelled at producing factory branded tools in beautiful toolboxes and carts that were used by their senior dealership mechanics. They were a thing of beauty.

Best I ever saw was a Ferrari factory toolbox with everything labeled and stamped with the Ferrari logo. It was a Ferrari Master Mechanic's personal box; which he got at the factory. Don't know who made the tools for Ferrari though.

Offline The Magic Ratchet

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 06:55:11 AM »
I'll second goodfellow's observation. When I started with Saab (1988) our internal workshops were still using the factory tool kits. The set was enclosed in a rolling tool cage that was used a bit like today's service cart. Inside was a full compliment of high line European tools (Hazet IIRC). These were still available to dealers through the special tools program but there weren't many, if any, takers. It all disappeared in 1992 when Saab moved corporate headquarters from Connecticut to Georgia and GM began taking charge of special tools. 

Lou Manglass