Author Topic: Moving Day(s)  (Read 4528 times)

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
Moving Day(s)
« on: June 24, 2019, 11:02:03 AM »
Here are some pics of my machine collection as I move them into the conex I set up to store them. They were stored at another location prior, but are coming home now. The container and spray foam was just shy of $4k, and heated storage was going to cost about $350 a month, so the payback period is short, and I still have the conex when it's done.

If you get something foamed, make sure to mask the floor. It's tolerable, but I would have preferred it stayed clean. You cannot scrape the schit off without damaging the floor. This is 1" of closed cell, waterproof foam. It was $850 flat rate for the job; the worst part was the 4 week lead on the contractor.

3 BP mills. All in very good to excellent condition with respect to wear. The date 1966 (rebuilt & rechromed knee), 1984 (unused from Cali high school), 1995 (bought new by my friend I bought out).

Pulled one table for better storage space use.

K&T 2H Univ. Number 9 of 25 Built March 1943. Did Navy duty for the war. Then served at Textronix where it was rebuilt. Then to a single guy hydraulic repair shop before my turn. Roughly 3800 lbs.

1958 Monarch 10EE square dial. 3 owners in the last 40 years and its' never done production in it's life. It has .0014" measured bed wear. "Works in Drawer" tube rectified DC drive. Smoother and more powerful than any frequency drive could dream of. Electric lead screw reverse. Whole inch counting cross feed dial with built in threading stop. 2900 lbs. Quite a Cadillac machine.

Covell 6X12 surface grinder in front. It needs to find a new home soon.

Greyson
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 11:20:13 AM by gtermini »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Moving Day(s)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 11:14:01 AM »
Very nice stuff -- If there ever was a lathe and mill worth drooling over, it's that K&T and Monarch series of machines.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 11:58:11 AM »
You certainly know how to make someone drool. Are you putting anything on the ways and tables to protect them?

Offline gtermini

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 12:46:43 PM »
I put a little oil or whatever was handy on the bare iron. I am currently running a dehumidifier and will heat it in the winter. These represent a pretty sizable investment for me towards a machine shop business, so I am trying my best to protect them.

Greyson

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 03:38:31 PM »
"1984 (unused from Cali high school)"

This appears to be a sad testament to today's high school shop classes.  ???
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 06:12:37 PM »
Have you ever seen the machinery released from the government strategic reserve. Old machines that are beautiful and they sell for a good amount.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 08:21:30 PM »
Machine shop ? well it looks likes a damn good start to me. First building being a power station by chance? LOL.

Any access to cosmoline  that could be very helpful in the mean time.

Very nice.
Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 10:58:04 PM »
Where was Jabber? He should've been helping you, and for his efforts he could've taken that surface grinder off your hands!  ;D
boop/bop/beep

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 11:56:10 AM »
I`d have helped but I`m covered in frothy drool and stuck to my chair after looking at the pixs.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline gtermini

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 12:33:25 PM »
The biggest help I could use is a magic shrink ray gun. The 20' container is full to the door even with strategic machine nesting. hopefully nothing comes up on CL I have to own or I better find another conex.

Greyson

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 06:27:26 PM »
40 ft= no problem. ^-^
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline muddy

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 07:25:16 PM »
My dad would love that machinery, he's the machinist, not me. I love it, just not much know how about it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 10:05:05 PM »
Oh my, just OH MY!  :o :o
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!