Author Topic: Jeep Springsteen Ad  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Jeep Springsteen Ad
« on: February 11, 2021, 01:25:05 PM »
If you hadn't heard, Jeep did an ad with Bruce Springsteen that ran during the Superbowl.  Basically it's about coming together on common ground as Americans to resolve our differences.  Sounds great, right?  Yeah, most of us weren't impressed and we remember all the shit we put up with the last four years. 

Well yesterday it came out that Springsteen got popped for DUI in November.  The ad has been taken down from YouTube by Jeep.

There were two different threads on this over at Channel 3 that disappeared entirely.  Let's just say they weren't flattering of the Boss.   :hee20hee20hee:
boop/bop/beep

Offline walrus

Re: Jeep Springsteen Ad
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 03:22:12 PM »
If you hadn't heard, Jeep did an ad with Bruce Springsteen that ran during the Superbowl.  Basically it's about coming together on common ground as Americans to resolve our differences.  Sounds great, right?  Yeah, most of us weren't impressed and we remember all the shit we put up with the last four years. 

Well yesterday it came out that Springsteen got popped for DUI in November.  The ad has been taken down from YouTube by Jeep.

There were two different threads on this over at Channel 3 that disappeared entirely.  Let's just say they weren't flattering of the Boss.   :hee20hee20hee:
He used to put on a helluva show but like all entertainers I could give two shits what he thinks about anything else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 04:02:03 PM »
yea, i don;t think i would spend a nickel to see "the boss"...........or boston. :))
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 04:37:26 PM »
This was a story related by someone who had a personal encounter with the guy.  I know it's an anecdote, but here it is...

I was waiting to get on a charter boat with a group of friends, some plain clothes security guys wouldn't let us on the dock. They just said, "please wait here. The Boss is coming".

We watched as Bruce and his friends went back to the parking lot.

We got on the boat, said "Hi" to the Captain and the First Mate told me he was glad to get Bruce off the boat. Apparently they didn't bring enough of their own smokes or snacks and were asking the crew for them, and at the end of the trip they didn't even leave a tip. It's kind of an unwritten custom to leave roughy 10% of the cost of the charter for the mate.

I did find it interesting that in the commercial, to me, he was playing a lifelong farmer that had busted his butt his whole life, when the reality is he probably hasn't done any manual labor for fifty years. I will give him credit for working hard to be a successful musician, but the disconnect is how he attacks the very system that enabled him to be so successful.

I'm thinking what happened was Jeep was so blinded with getting Springsteen to do an ad for them, no one stopped to think, who's going to believe this guy about meeting in the middle when he's been one of Hollywood's biggest voices demeaning Trump and his supporters the last four years.
boop/bop/beep

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 05:35:39 PM »
Yeah and  boozo just got busted for drunk driving.

Guy always had this look of someone with his nuts caught in a closing vise.

What a putts
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 06:18:50 AM »
Why didn’t he want the country to come together after Billery lost?
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 09:38:19 AM »
I saw that commercial as where the guy is driving around in his Jeep all alone because nobody wants anything to do with the leftist jerk.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 10:33:19 AM »
I saw that commercial as where the guy is driving around in his Jeep all alone because nobody wants anything to do with the leftist jerk.

LMAO you're more right than you may may think.
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 01:43:51 PM »
Lots of leftist would love to be kissing his ass, right up until he needs to be sacrificed off then they'll drop him like a hot rock. Seen it way too often from the left, they'll eat their own if it benefits them.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 09:35:39 PM »
boop/bop/beep

Offline walrus

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 06:27:52 PM »
So Springsteen blew a .02, a quarter of what it takes to be OUI in Maine

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 07:51:04 PM »
I saw that and .02 isn't nothing. I have run into park rangers like that who have a complex due to the fact a police dept. won't hire them so they have to play tough guy. As much as I don't care for Springsteen he should have got a warning over the new regulation about no alcohol in the state park and not a DUI.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 07:56:32 PM »
That asshole is such a poser, and he's full of himself too.
I'm pretty sure he started calling himself the boss, nobody in their right mind would consider him the boss of anything.

He got rich at a very young age and has barely had to work areal job in his life, I think the idiots at Jeep just didn't realize that the blue collar hard working guys they thought he could relate to see right through his bs and wouldn't have any of it.

Worst of all the whole come together crap ?
By come together they mean consede that the entire structure of our country is inherently racist and it's wrong/ evil to be white.
The only way to come together in their eyes is to let them get their way.

And have you really truly listened to man on fire ?
If there was ever a song about pedophilia that's it, such a creepy song if you ask me.

Always lookin' to learn