Author Topic: MLB moves All Star Game out of Georgia  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
MLB moves All Star Game out of Georgia
« on: April 02, 2021, 02:52:07 PM »
I think I'm done with Major League Baseball.  The game has been getting incrementally worse for years, and this is the last straw.  Apparently they don't want conservatives to watch or attend games, especially after they sold their soul to BLM last year, and now this crap.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/02/mlb-all-star-game-out-of-atlanta-over-georgias-voting-law/
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

Re: MLB moves All Star Game out of Georgia
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 03:32:43 PM »
Sucks for sure but people have short memories. 

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 05:31:19 PM »
I doubt that the commissioner even read the law and his decision was based on the left and Biden's lying talking points. To be truthful I lost interest in BB when the players quit hustling after hitting the ball and just stand there watching and then flip the bat away. I was taught to run after making good contact with the ball regardless of whether it is foul, base hit or home run.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 05:36:38 PM »
Everythings getting political now. You can only boycott so many things, but I'm way more particular about where I spend my money. I'm looking at more local spending now.

The corporate guys go all take a woke flying leap off a tall building for all I care.  :lol_hitting:

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 06:23:44 PM »
Boycotts are of limited effect unless you can coordinate and apply large numbers.

I'd buy more local if I could. But Tucson was short on real stores and most of the mom-and-pop places have folded due to the behemoths like Amazon and COVID lockdowns. Now that the Chinese trade war is being felt most of the rest of the stores that are open have alot more empty shelves.

I prepped, and have depended on pawn shops, thrift stores, and estate sales to supply most of my consumable needs. But I think those have been found out by the majority and will probably run out. Luckily I have a small network of suppliers and we barter and help each other out.

Offline muddy

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 08:26:24 PM »
"He didn’t call for businesses to boycott. Businesses have made that decision themselves, of course."

Interesting how #45 told everyone to peacefully protest....he gets blamed and impeached.

I'm a life long baseball fan (sentimental feelings with my grandfather as well) so I'll still listen to games on the radio when I have a chance. I don't have live sports so I don't watch it on tv.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline walrus

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 07:08:29 AM »
I'm ahead of the curve, I've been boycotting baseball since the 94 strike.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 02:56:07 PM »
Haven't listen to much talk radio today but did hear some blowback for the decision.  Folks saying they were done. 

But our Orioles are in first place 3 and 0.. Swept Boston.  We often come out of the gate hard and fast :))

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 02:28:18 AM »
The '94 strike was the last straw for me. I have a LOOONG memory.  :)
David

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2021, 02:42:55 PM »
It proves the absolute stupidity of MLB to move the game to Colorado which has more stringent voting laws and requires an ID to vote.

Offline muddy

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2021, 09:35:22 PM »
Haven't listen to much talk radio today but did hear some blowback for the decision.  Folks saying they were done. 

But our Orioles are in first place 3 and 0.. Swept Boston.  We often come out of the gate hard and fast :))
Philly does the same.... Gets your hope ups just to crash mid season.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 12:16:45 AM »
It proves the absolute stupidity of MLB to move the game to Colorado which has more stringent voting laws and requires an ID to vote.

Most states do, including President Numbnut's state.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2021, 09:59:38 AM »

Philly does the same.... Gets your hope ups just to crash mid season.

Yep :))

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2021, 10:02:05 AM »

But they have pot :29: