Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688484 times)

Offline muddy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1440 on: June 02, 2020, 06:49:42 PM »
About 6 years ago, when Olivia Aytch was 10, she painted her handprint on my truck. Today, all three painted their handprints.
Very cool idea!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline muddy

« Reply #1441 on: June 03, 2020, 08:27:44 PM »
Didn't really like Bobcats to begin with....now I hate them.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1442 on: June 03, 2020, 09:26:52 PM »
Muddy, did that get crispy or is it that dirty?

Offline muddy

« Reply #1443 on: June 04, 2020, 09:13:33 AM »
Muddy, did that get crispy or is it that dirty?
Just filthy, runs in a scrap yard. Ran something up the only 2" x 2" hole on the hole bottom and punctured a hole in the fuel tank.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1444 on: June 05, 2020, 07:41:38 AM »
Scrap yards are harsh environments on equipment.  I deal with a couple of large ones.  They can destroy anything.

Offline muddy

« Reply #1445 on: June 07, 2020, 08:37:51 AM »
Picked up my bike yesterday. System relay failed. Also replaced the fuel hoses in tank that hade oun holes rubbed in them, common problem.

Full service and state inspection and she's back to her old self!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1446 on: June 07, 2020, 09:01:26 AM »
Muddy, do y'all charge extra to work on the filthy machines? Way back when I worked the stealership they charged extra when the 4X4 guys blew a trans and didn't clean the mud out from under the truck. Couple 100$ IIRC.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #1447 on: June 07, 2020, 02:01:06 PM »
Had to prune some Mimosa limbs away from the house roof because a storm messed them up a couple days back. There were a couple I couldn't get with the Sawzall....

Offline muddy

« Reply #1448 on: June 07, 2020, 04:01:55 PM »
Muddy, do y'all charge extra to work on the filthy machines? Way back when I worked the stealership they charged extra when the 4X4 guys blew a trans and didn't clean the mud out from under the truck. Couple 100$ IIRC.
We do with our rentals if their returned filthy.

When I'm making out a quote and the thing is filthy I'll quote washing it so the boss know it's nasty. I don't believe there is a "cleaning" charge, I think out time to clean is just billed in the hrly labor.

Forklifts are a bit different, if your doing something with oil or coolant. It usually needs a bath to get the residual out of the cracks and crevices of the machine.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1449 on: June 07, 2020, 07:44:46 PM »
Had to prune some Mimosa limbs away from the house roof because a storm messed them up a couple days back. There were a couple I couldn't get with the Sawzall....

Took me a minute  :D

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1450 on: June 07, 2020, 07:59:49 PM »
The last few days have been busy. Although most people have gone back to the office, I'm still working from home. Decided to spend my (small) bonus cheque on some RZR parts. The guy that imports a lot of UTV parts, hence the name of his company UTVbits, I've known for nearly twenty years from my 4x4 days. I rang him on Friday lunch time, told him what I wanted, he gave me a very good price, I direct credited payment to his account and he got them on the courier.

Saturday morning I met up with a guy selling a pair of aftermarket seats identical to the ones in my RZR that the frames are broken. These were a good buy as they cost about what the one I currently have in the upholsters being recovered after repairing the frame is going to cost.

Then headed up the hill to the local motorsport park where our offroad racing club have our short course track. Our club president has some of his earthmoving gear (digger, bulldozer, tractor and scoop) on site doing some modifications. The photo is of the back straight where he has widened and straightened. It is now about 45' wide. He has cut the second hill into the first dip to take the harshness out of it.

Something you guys probably don't see, a diesel Lexus SUV. 4.5l twin turbo V8.

Today my parts turned up, rims and axles.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:33:36 PM by Rural53 »

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #1451 on: June 07, 2020, 11:45:04 PM »
Cleaned out the boat from a trip to the bay. Ate the last of the crab we caught. Smoked a batch of oysters up fro something different. Going back to work one day tomorrow, then back to the drag of being off for the rest of the week.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1452 on: June 08, 2020, 12:16:12 AM »
Those look good.

In Covid news, from midnight tonight all restrictions, except border controls will be lifted in New Zealand. They are still asking us to keep track of where we have been in case of another outbreak but otherwise it is back to business as usual.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1453 on: June 10, 2020, 03:56:23 PM »
Relocated my grandfather's homemade flag pole.

He fought for our colors of freedom during the 2nd world war and died installing this flag pole which he built to fly those colors in his yard.
It's very shocking to think that none of my dads brothers wanted it.
Sure it's a little bent but that bend occured the day he died installing it and I wouldn't dream of straightening it out.

The tree out front was just a little thing when it was first brought home from my grandparents house and installed in my yard,  but it grew much larger than I ever imagined and rather than significantly diminish the shade it offers I decided it was time to relocate that flag pole so it could once again fly a flag.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 03:59:54 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1454 on: June 10, 2020, 07:26:06 PM »
Flag looks great flying in the blue sky, nice day captured .
1776 ................... what happened!