Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 669938 times)

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #810 on: May 18, 2019, 08:33:56 PM »
Some nice picks noel. Do y'all ever see the green jays that far up the coast.
No Green jays here that I have seen.
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline slip knot

« Reply #811 on: May 18, 2019, 09:19:00 PM »
Some nice picks noel. Do y'all ever see the green jays that far up the coast.
No Green jays here that I have seen.

Green Jays are the much rowdier cousin of the Blues. I first ran across them at our deer lease in George West @20 yrs ago. Then a year or so back heard them raising hell in my fig tree. they haven't been back but they will. Kinda like the white wing doves. I used to go down below Corpus to hunt white wings now they're the predominant dove in this area.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #812 on: May 18, 2019, 09:44:09 PM »

It is hauling - the orbital speed is about 1700 mph and it's about 250 miles above the surface of our little rock.
[/quote]

I think the alien posted it in his speed. It is traveling roughly 17,000mph and takes 90 minutes to complete an orbit of our rock. Go to this website and put in your location to see the dates and times it will pass over or near your location.

https://www.heavens-above.com/PassSummary.aspx?satid=25544&lat=38.954&lng=-119.765&loc=Minden&alt=1450&tz=PST

You can also go to spaceweather.com to track the visible satellites. Cool stuff.
[/quote]

Excellent thanks ! One of the big advantages, computers and the internet ... love it.

The mods on the belt sander continued:

1 on the operating table

2 amputation completed

3 & 4 caster and mount set 

welding begins tomorrow, most likely on the floor .

One more mod to be completed

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 09:47:07 PM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Rural53

« Reply #813 on: May 19, 2019, 03:50:02 AM »
Ran a practice day (morning) at our offroad racing track. Only a couple of vehicles turned up, including this LS1 powered Ford Territory. Had lunch at the local pub with a couple of the guys who came to the practice. Went home for a nap.

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #814 on: May 19, 2019, 12:29:23 PM »
Friday night I attended another Classic Car and Truck meet in Alvin, Texas. Held at a popular burger place that has been open since the 60s.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskUEDrES
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline walrus

« Reply #815 on: May 25, 2019, 06:02:37 PM »
Friday night I attended another Classic Car and Truck meet in Alvin, Texas. Held at a popular burger place that has been open since the 60s.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskUEDrES
Some great pics, keep them coming.

Got the right outer tie rods installed today. Set the toe in with a tape measure and took the Mustang for a ride. Wow, shocked at how good it handles without a front end alignment and how easy it steers with power rack compared to old manual steering. The weight of a big block is nothing now. Now I need to get wiring in new Flaming river tilt column figured out and get it to alignment guy. This car is right up his alley. No computer machine just an old Hunter and his 50 years of front end work.

Offline muddy

« Reply #816 on: May 25, 2019, 07:32:20 PM »
Went for breakfast, then pressure washed the front walk and porch.

Then make some lemon squares for a picnic tomorrow, then installed some goodies in my bike and went for a ride.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline slip knot

« Reply #817 on: May 26, 2019, 11:31:41 AM »
Nice bike.

The local dirt track had a Memorial day celebration. 62 cars making laps with the US flags flying. Very nice display.

Offline muddy

« Reply #818 on: May 26, 2019, 08:26:31 PM »
Went fishing for the first time in a long long time today.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #819 on: May 27, 2019, 02:28:44 AM »
Went fishing for the first time in a long long time today.

Great father/son day. I need to wet a line soon.

Typical Monday morning meetings then out to site for more meetings. Dropped my ute at the tyre place next door to the site office for tyre rotation and wheel alignment. Alignment was in spec except for toe on the front left, it was out by 0.2", probably from hitting something setting the track for the last enduro race.

Picked up my new BBQ.

This is a good example of what happens when you don't listen to your customers.  BBQs Direct in Australia asked Weber to build a BBQ to suit the Australian and NZ style of BBQing. Weber said no, so they built their own. These Ziegler and Brown BBQs now out sell Weber in Aussie and NZ by a significant number. They have individual burner controls, burns hotter so you can cook with the hood up and have a higher domed lid.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 04:47:38 PM by Rural53 »

Offline muddy

« Reply #820 on: May 28, 2019, 09:14:03 PM »
I have the Weber version. I like the dual control on your model.

Offline muddy

« Reply #821 on: May 29, 2019, 09:56:57 PM »
Replaced the mostly missing rubber boots for the chain case on my snapper...and broke a small shift link. Tighten the nut a bit too much and snapped the bolt. New one on the way

Offline Rural53

« Reply #822 on: June 03, 2019, 02:15:19 AM »
Last night one of my workmates and I went and took some astro photos at Lake Tarawera near Rotorua.

And because nearly freezing to death last night wasn't stupid enough, this morning we had a another shot at some milky way photos on top of the Kaimai Range. Temperature around -1C.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 02:18:39 AM by Rural53 »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #823 on: June 03, 2019, 08:39:58 AM »
Great shots there. People that spend their lives in cities have no idea about the breathtaking beauty overhead.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #824 on: June 03, 2019, 08:43:59 AM »
Have never seen a sky like that.  Even though I grew up in a rural area and that is now suburban, never seen that many stars.  Feels like I am missing something