Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688669 times)

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #855 on: July 16, 2019, 10:38:33 AM »
After buying a new grinder it had this work light deal as an upgrade. Like it so much bought 2 more and installed them on 2 other machines. Very nice, solid, stiff stays put when set, ground lens focuses the beam, nicely.

Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #856 on: July 16, 2019, 10:46:34 AM »
Nice lights pep. How much did those cost?

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #857 on: July 16, 2019, 11:11:49 AM »
Nice little set-up, pep.

I've got a job interview and some errands to run, then gonna try and get back home and get a project moving in the shop. Forecasted at 108 today so might prove to be too hot out there, even with the little window shaker A/C. We'll see.

Offline muddy

« Reply #858 on: July 16, 2019, 09:17:05 PM »
Worked then went for the yearly doctor check up.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #859 on: July 16, 2019, 09:43:38 PM »
Spent thirty minutes yesterday helping my son put a serpentine belt on his Tahoe. Seems a cat got under the hood !

Tahoe won over the cat , by the way.
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #860 on: July 16, 2019, 11:43:24 PM »

Mounted and sighted in a Williams 5dag peep sight on one of my air rifles ( a Crosman 2100 in this case ) getting this for my first 10yd group.

Airguns are just something you either get or you dont,and further still old school multi stroke pneumatics are something you really either get or you dont. Theyre really not just " BB guns " or " toys, they're guns I can shoot in my hallway shop or backyard whenever I want. They may not be the fancy expensive so called " adult airguns " but they're still loads of fun and plenty accurate.

It can be hard to balance my love of knives tools and airguns, but I got some tools and a new Case knife last week.
This week I scored a '61-'68 4th variant Crosman 140 in beautiful condition for a shooter.
I have bought tools, a knives, and an airgun all in one week, but I do try to limit myself to one hobby at a time.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:49:26 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline slip knot

« Reply #861 on: July 20, 2019, 04:28:19 PM »
Had my hay field bailed last week. Wanted to clean up the hay pen before I stored the bails so I took the tractor and cutter over and made a few passes thru it and something started hitting me in the back, Fricking bees :-\ I got stung a few times before I even could figure out what was going on. Came home and got my bee suit out, grabbed me a sprayer and a couple gallons of gas and went back and eliminated those bastids. Thankfully they were just ground bees and not Africanized bees or things could have gotten real ugly.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #862 on: July 20, 2019, 06:07:59 PM »
Actually put a spanner on a car for the first time in a while yesterday.
One of the young engineers at work was complaining how much the mechanic was going to charge him to replace brake pads and rotors. I say it was pretty straightforward to do. He reply to didn't have any tools so I said I would show him how to do it. I did the first side and he did the other.

Toyota its (Scion)

Then went home and watched doco on Apollo 8 mission with a Peanut Butter infused chocolate stout.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 06:10:14 PM by Rural53 »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #863 on: July 20, 2019, 06:24:32 PM »
Excellent Rural -- teach him how to DIY the basic maintenance chores and he (and his wallet) will continue to thank you years from now.

Would love to try that stout as well -- yummm!!

Online Midnitemack

« Reply #864 on: July 20, 2019, 06:44:48 PM »
One of the young engineers at work was complaining how much the mechanic was going to charge him to replace brake pads and rotors. I say it was pretty straightforward to do. He reply to didn't have any tools so I said I would show him how to do it. I did the first side and he did the other.

Toyota its (Scion)

Then went home and watched doco on Apollo 8 mission with a Peanut Butter infused chocolate stout.
I think we are lucky here with all the craft breweries we have plus our hops are some of the best in the world ! Have you ever been to Beervana in Wellington, held in August every year ? I’ve been a couple of times already .... thinking about it again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #865 on: July 20, 2019, 08:05:59 PM »

I think we are lucky here with all the craft breweries we have plus our hops are some of the best in the world ! Have you ever been to Beervana in Wellington, held in August every year ? I’ve been a couple of times already .... thinking about it again this year.

No, but it sounds like I need to though.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #866 on: July 21, 2019, 12:51:08 AM »
Picked up a new BBQ at Home Depot last night and put it together today. The old BBQ needs a new burner as the 2nd one I have put in it is shot and since the darn plastic hardware holding it together is failing I figure the 2001 model needs to go to the dump.
The die lift made it easy for me to unload by myself and the box is heavy. This model has good hardware with bases pressed into the frame so the screws are easy to do and it only takes a P2 driver and an included thin stamped wrench to put the 3" casters on. We looked at plenty of grills and I didn't like the smaller units as the casters are under the base and some didn't have brakes. On this one the casters are well outside of the base and the brakes on the rear casters are easily operated. It has SS burners and drip guards and drip tray and the burners have an 8 year warranty. It has 60,000 BTU's on the 6 burners with 12,000 on the side burner for a total of 72,000 BTU's. It has coated cast iron grates and we looked at one that had SS ones but didn't feel they were worth the extra $150. This grill was regularly $330 but we got the last one in a box for $250 even though 6 burners is more than we need.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #867 on: July 21, 2019, 07:04:04 AM »

Maybe tell him to wear a little more appropriate clothing when working on his car?!   I always cringe when I see people working on a car with footwear like that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:06:37 AM by Lookin4_67GalaxieConv »
boop/bop/beep

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #868 on: July 21, 2019, 07:37:30 AM »
It also appears that the car might only be held up with a jack????

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #869 on: July 21, 2019, 07:48:22 AM »
Very nice grill DN -- and a great deal to boot. Our six burner grill is 15 years old and is a Kenmore branded. We need to replace it, because I've patched and replaced many of the components several times (burners, runners, grate supports, etc).