Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688671 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #915 on: August 25, 2019, 02:22:27 AM »
Went to Virginia City today for a free BBQ. It was put on by the internet provider for the wife's work. Left with a bag of swag with car chargers and cables along with a portable charger pack.
Then this evening went to the flat track motorcycle races at the Carson City fairgrounds. The son of the neighbor across the road was supposed to race in the pro class but his wrist is still jacked from a desert race crash a couple of months ago. Worst crash of the night was when the Hooligans were running which is the Harleys and a Yamaha 750. A guy went down on his Sportster and another HD ran over his legs. The guy tried to stand up and one leg bent at an angle it shouldn't have. They hauled him off the track on a camping cot so the races could continue while the ambulance was enroute.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #916 on: August 25, 2019, 07:44:44 AM »
Wife and myself took a drive, weather was outstanding. Put the grip on some GA home grown tomatoes.

Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #917 on: August 30, 2019, 06:48:02 PM »
I spent the last 3 days organizing hardware. I had bought the HF rolling rack with bins on each side and never fully organized it and got pissed when I had to dig for some bolts and washers. Now the rack is totally in order with bin contents labeled and sizes sorted. Now I know exactly where to look for bolts, nuts, flat washers and lock washers. It has from 1/4" to 3/4" hardware in order. I have buckets of 3/4", 7/8" and 1" hardware sorted and labeled in the 3gal buckets w/lids.

I still have a bunch of screw top containers like you get nuts and garlic in from stores full of hardware. These are things I brought when we moved up here 9 yrs ago and hardware from the shop contents I bought several years ago. Those will have to be a future project.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #918 on: August 30, 2019, 09:16:11 PM »
Lay on the grass and took some photos.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #919 on: August 30, 2019, 10:04:43 PM »
Had a new water heater installed, they did a nice install. Tonight LMAO a water main broke, it is down stream from me.

My wife does some the funniest shit sometimes. As they were doing the heater install, cannot finish her cooking.

Ready ........ goes out side to water the plants. Comes back in LHAO telling me what she just thought about doing.

Women are really funny at times..

Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #920 on: August 30, 2019, 10:13:38 PM »
Had to replace the return springs on my garage door today. It's an older style cantilever kind of door. Nobody on my end of town had the springs - but the old cranky store on the far side had 'em! (They have alot of older inventory).  ;D

The Mrs and I heard a boom last night right after going to bed. Sounded like someone was kicking in a door. Turned on the floods, walked around, didn't see or hear anything. The neighbors are away and I'm keeping an eye on their place, so, got dressed and walked over there to make sure nobody was robbing them. Then this morning going to open the garage door so the wife can leave for work and it's all messed up. The one spring had shattered. Lucky it has the center rods that keep the spring from exploding all over and taking out a headlight or worse a radiator.

The new springs aren't as stretched out as the 49 year old originals, so had to Macgyver something to extend them while I slip the retaining chain over the S-hooks. Took 3 hours! Man, I ain't as good as I used to be. But got the job done before the monsoon storms picked up. Didn't really want to leave the vehicles in the driveway all night either.

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #921 on: August 31, 2019, 09:55:54 AM »
Rural- Explain the three tracks?   
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #922 on: August 31, 2019, 11:13:25 AM »
Those tracks look dual gauge to me. Maybe a park where they haul passengers on scale model trains?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #923 on: August 31, 2019, 12:07:01 PM »
Those tracks look dual gauge to me. Maybe a park where they haul passengers on scale model trains?

+1 -- used to see a lot of that track configuration in mountainous rural WV rail yards, where narrow gauge logging and coal railroads intersected with and delivered/uploaded their cargo into mainline rail cars. Quite interesting to watch the procedure for shunting narrow gauge and standard gauge cars over the same railbed.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #924 on: August 31, 2019, 05:59:01 PM »
Yes, local model engineers track. I'm headed there now as they should be operating.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #925 on: September 01, 2019, 03:13:00 AM »
The dual track is  5" and 7-1/4" gauge. They had one steamer and three petrol engine locomotives operating.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #926 on: September 22, 2019, 03:55:47 AM »
It has been a busy week.

So this happened on Monday.

Rural road widening job I'm looking after.

Linemarking removal rig on another job I'm looking after.

Handed in my final composite for the Photoshop and Illustrator course I'm taking.

Friday night helped my mate set up for his photo exhibition.

Yesterday our off-road racing club ran the final North Island round of the National Off-road Racing Series.

Today was a sleep in then visited Sam's exhibition.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 04:07:58 AM by Rural53 »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #927 on: September 22, 2019, 10:28:34 AM »
Happy birthday rural! Great stuff and keep it coming as I enjoy looking at the great shots. I like the Yak pic on the work station.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #928 on: September 23, 2019, 02:19:55 AM »
... I like the Yak pic on the work station.

The Yak 3 poster is for a lecture I went to. Info here http://garagegazette.com/index.php?topic=24.msg20333#msg20333

It has been joined in Omaka by the Yak 3U Steadfast.

Offline muddy

« Reply #929 on: September 25, 2019, 08:28:19 PM »
You win 5th place?

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman