Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688548 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #990 on: October 22, 2019, 03:53:35 AM »
Been living in a hotel for the past week while our hardwood floors were being redone.  We live in a rancher and while we have a finished basement, there is no bathroom on that level so the hotel was the best choice.  Moving back in today at some point.  Was supposed to move back on Saturday but there were some flaws on the floor so they buffed it and recoated it on Saturday.  What a royal pain to empty your house then move everything back in. 

The floors look good and we had hardwood put in the kitchen also. 

We are hosting thanksgiving for 30 so we have to keep moving to get everything done. 

Did you have to move the furniture out by yourself or did you have plenty of help?

We moved all the small things, they moved the large things.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #991 on: October 22, 2019, 07:02:52 PM »
Been living in a hotel for the past week while our hardwood floors were being redone.  We live in a rancher and while we have a finished basement, there is no bathroom on that level so the hotel was the best choice.  Moving back in today at some point.  Was supposed to move back on Saturday but there were some flaws on the floor so they buffed it and recoated it on Saturday.  What a royal pain to empty your house then move everything back in. 

The floors look good and we had hardwood put in the kitchen also. 

We are hosting thanksgiving for 30 so we have to keep moving to get everything done.

Started separating and sorting my tool find, deciding which get wire brushed and which get solvent cleaned (like the Ampco wrench). Also snagged another SK 45170 rat for $2 at the pawnie that's supposedly closing. Guess they found some mislabeled boxes with more merchandise.

That reminds me: we've got a get together planned for Thanksgiving as well. Some relatives stay with us while other prefer hotel accommodations. Got about 5 weeks to get the homestead ready. It ain't as easy as it used to be. :(

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #992 on: October 22, 2019, 10:01:39 PM »
Took my dad to a movie then dinner, and did some more Halloween decorating.
Just about every single piece of store bought Halloween anything has been modified by me in some way, I just don't do cookie cutter off the shelf Halloween.
The decorations don't look nearly as good in the light, and won't show up well on camera at night.
Here's my mask, made from two different masks and one of those knife through head gags.

And the rest minus some finishing touches.

I say Halloween has to be scary, and if a kid is brave enough to come get some candy they've earned it.
No Spiderman Superman and Disney princesses found at my house  >:D
Always lookin' to learn

Offline walrus

« Reply #993 on: October 24, 2019, 05:36:06 PM »
Actually the colonoscopy is a piece of cake, roofies are a wonderful drug :). The clean out sucked :) Thankfully their were no issues found. This was a follow up from last spring when they took out a polyp that was 2.5 cm for you metric impaired types thats 1 inch . They thought it was cancer for sure but it was benign.  Lucky.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #994 on: October 24, 2019, 06:13:23 PM »
Just about every single piece of store bought Halloween anything has been modified by me in some way, I just don't do cookie cutter off the shelf Halloween.
The decorations don't look nearly as good in the light, and won't show up well on camera at night.
Here's my mask, made from two different masks and one of those knife through head gags.

I say Halloween has to be scary, and if a kid is brave enough to come get some candy they've earned it.

Looks damn good! In my neighborhood, if you were to open the front door of the house like that, most of the little kids would be screaming and crying for their mommies -- LOL

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #995 on: October 24, 2019, 06:50:41 PM »

Looks damn good! In my neighborhood, if you were to open the front door of the house like that, most of the little kids would be screaming and crying for their mommies -- LOL
Thanks.
Scary is always my goal, I just can't wait for the day some parent complains about my costume being too scary.
That's when I'll know I've done my job  :))

Halloween is just too taken over by Marvel and Disney.
One year I was a power ranger and another i was a pumpkin at age 3, but the first chance I got to choose my own costume it was a scary one and I never looked back.
Halloween has been my favorite holiday ever since, and luckily the boss found someone to take my place that day.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Andrewhr

« Reply #996 on: October 26, 2019, 08:34:26 AM »
Nothing I did nothing today

Yesterday we went on a wagon ride picked pumpkins and played on a local farm.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman
Muddy, that's a nice family photo

Sent from my SM-T719 using Tapatalk

Offline muddy

« Reply #997 on: October 26, 2019, 01:08:58 PM »

Thank you!

Offline john k

« Reply #998 on: October 26, 2019, 08:46:32 PM »
Am in winter prep mode here,  caulking windows and eaves.  got the last 4 storm windows up.   found a good deal on a couple of used storms as the ones on my old house  are a pricey special order otherwise.    tonight got the well pit cleaned off, and resealed.   Looking at first snow this coming week.  also putting can lights in the bath,  got part of the ceiling down to run wiring.  Got the wheel weights back on my tractor,   checking antifreeze and oil..

Offline muddy

« Reply #999 on: October 26, 2019, 08:58:51 PM »
Was shopping at Target couldn't walk by these USA hoses for $6

Went to my Niece's birthday/Halloween party tonight....

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1000 on: October 26, 2019, 09:23:02 PM »
Long weekend (Labour Weekend) and summer has definitely arrived here.

Local boat ramp.

Drove around town to scope out some photo locations for work. Had lunch, did the grocery shopping and now getting ready to go and take some sunset and astro photos with one of my workmates.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1001 on: October 27, 2019, 01:33:47 AM »
Green Lake, Rotorua (off the phone).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offline walrus

« Reply #1002 on: October 27, 2019, 05:57:00 AM »

The kid is a mini me. Can't tell who his dad is :)

Offline muddy

« Reply #1003 on: October 27, 2019, 04:46:24 PM »

The kid is a mini me. Can't tell who his dad is :)
Yeah there is no denying him lol

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1004 on: October 27, 2019, 10:24:58 PM »
Made and finished a couple of do dads  :D ....for the lathe. Tool block storage and HSS tool post grinding fixture with 15* offset.
 Took the 34 out made a lot of noise had a blast .
Pep
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 10:26:42 PM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!