Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688548 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1035 on: November 14, 2019, 10:35:53 PM »
Wow, that is diversity!

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1036 on: November 16, 2019, 04:00:44 PM »
At one of the local rural schools Gala and Ride-on Mower Race  Day, displaying some of our club race cars.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 08:26:29 PM by Rural53 »

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1037 on: November 16, 2019, 06:13:59 PM »
And we had our favorite supporter come and visit.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #1038 on: November 17, 2019, 08:07:13 PM »
put in a 4 post lift and a 2 post lift at a Freinds mechanic shop. then wired them in.  that's alot of heavy pig iron for a Sunday.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1039 on: November 18, 2019, 09:49:09 AM »
Winterized, cleaned and stored all the garden and mowing equipment, and put all the batteries on trickle chargers for the winter. It's getting really cold around here -- earlier than in previous years. We usually get a few days of mild Indian Summer in late October - early November, but not this year. The trees are bare and the frost is on the ground in the early AM -- pretty bleak so far.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1040 on: November 18, 2019, 12:57:24 PM »
Cleaning carpets today. Whittling down the chores that need doing before family descends on us at Thanksgiving. Carpets is a crummy job but I've put it off as long as I can.

Have an old Bissel Big Green Machine with some of their cleaner, doing one section of the house at a time then take a break to catch my breath. The entryway is particularly bad. Probably gonna have to unleash some pre-treat stain remover in that section.
Last but not least is cleaning the Arizona room. Basically a screened-in back porch with comfy chairs and a table. Great place to sit after sundown and enjoy the nice breeze and birds chirping. That is next Saturday per the boss! ;D

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1041 on: November 18, 2019, 02:00:04 PM »
Folex Carpet Spot Remover is awesome and makes a great pretreat.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #1042 on: November 18, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »
No damn carpets in our house, been there, done with being there. :))

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1043 on: November 18, 2019, 08:35:43 PM »
Folex Carpet Spot Remover is awesome and makes a great pretreat.

Been reading good things about Folex. next time around I'll be getting some of it.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1044 on: November 19, 2019, 08:26:25 AM »
Arizona room?  Is the the same as a Florida room?  Betting it is, just depends on what part of the country your are from

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1045 on: November 19, 2019, 09:35:18 AM »
Arizona room?  Is the the same as a Florida room?  Betting it is, just depends on what part of the country your are from

Honestly - I don't know.

It was one of the biggest selling points for us when we bought the house. A fairly spacious enclosed exterior room attached to the house. Screened in to keep out any bugs but let cool breezes in, tiled and having ceiling fans with lights for nighttime enjoyment. This time of year the misses spends lots of time out there enjoying the mild weather.

It could be made into a spare room, a makeshift greenhouse, or - if beefed up - a store room.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1046 on: November 19, 2019, 11:11:25 AM »
^^^^^Yep, that sounds just like a Florida room :))

Offline muddy

« Reply #1047 on: November 19, 2019, 08:48:05 PM »
Finished up a dresser for the kids room. I sanded it down repairs the drawers and Mandy painted it. Also started dabbling in a new hobby....like I need another!

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1048 on: November 19, 2019, 09:36:52 PM »
Good work you two -- nice dresser!

Loved Atlas and also Tyco Trains when I was a kid. Are you setting that N gauge up for Sam for Christmas Tim? It's a great hobby!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1049 on: November 20, 2019, 07:48:07 AM »
Muddy, like the dresser.  So cool to reuse and redo items and add the personal touch

As to the trains, K5 is deep into them.  He is even a conductor at the B&O Railroad museum

Speaking of K5Blazer (Trevor), saw him a month or so ago, he came and looked at a pickup my son ended of buying.  02 Mazda B4000 (think Ranger).  Didn't run, worn out underneath but body in good shape and minimal rust.  K5 diagnosed the no run as fuel pump and he was right.  After fuel pump, shocks, complete front end, complete brakes, tires, removing lift kit and lots of other details, truck runs and drives well, went through inspection, and made it to North Carolina yesterday.  My son, who has minimal mechanical experience did a lot of the work aided by his brother, my self and lots of advice from my neighbor the Saab mechanic.  While it wasn't a truck I would have bought because of condition, it turned out well and my son learned a ton and had a ball.  If you don't count his time, he made out ok.