Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688593 times)

Offline slip knot

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1380 on: May 03, 2020, 09:01:42 PM »
2 months, you missed the quarantine. :lol_hitting:

Hope everything works out ok for you.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1381 on: May 03, 2020, 09:10:00 PM »
Glad to hear you are on the mend Pawpa. That ordeal does not sound like it was much fun.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1382 on: May 03, 2020, 09:23:51 PM »
Sounds like a rough period for you. Glad you are feeling better Papaw.

Offline john k

« Reply #1383 on: May 03, 2020, 10:57:07 PM »
Papaw, good to hear of your recovery.   

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #1384 on: May 03, 2020, 10:57:23 PM »
Glad to hear you're on the mend, Pawpaw.

Been back working regular days, so my trailer project has gotten waylaid. It poured rain yesterday and this morning, but I got out about 2PM when the sun came out. I was able to get a solid 4 hrs of making noise and annoying the neighbors with the compressor and trailbazer screaming away. I hacked the old coupler off and got the new chunk stuck on. Still need to fish plate it on the sides.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1385 on: May 04, 2020, 11:56:12 AM »
Nice job on the trailer hitch, looks great

Pawpaw, glad to hear you are on the mend.  Take care of yourself

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #1386 on: May 04, 2020, 02:39:29 PM »
Glad you are on the mend pawpaw, hospitals are dangerous places.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1387 on: May 04, 2020, 05:38:34 PM »
Legs and feet swelling are not good signs.  :-\

Glad you're on the mend, Noel.  :great:

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #1388 on: May 04, 2020, 07:55:15 PM »
Glad to hear you are doing better Noel, not a fun time to be sick.

I couldn't sleep at all last night, and the dog got me up a 5 this morning, so I have just been dragging today.

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #1389 on: May 05, 2020, 03:43:16 AM »
Had an interesting weekend. 2:30 a.m. I got a call from a 17 year old kid who’s parents Mrs. Conductor and I are friends with. He and a friend were at a party, got into some moonshine, and were falling down drunk. They were way out in the country and called and ask if I’d come and get them because they were in no shape to drive.

I went and got them and brought them to my house. Mrs. Conductor fixed them up a bed (and a puke bucket), washed their clothes, and even charged their phones. Called their parents and let them know the were here and safe. I didn’t drop dime on them, I know both sets of parents very well and I’m sure they know what was up. I’ll leave the explaining to them.

I’m not sure if the fact they felt comfortable calling me should be flattering or concerning, but either way, I’m glad they did. I lost my best friend to a drunk driving accident, so I don’t care a bit to go pick them up.

In other news: When I was a high school drunk I had to sleep in a field and stroll in the house the next morning getting the look of absolute evil from my mom, in muddy ass clothes after passing out in a field using some story about fishing without a pole to be found or coon hunting without a gun or a dog.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1390 on: May 05, 2020, 06:53:35 AM »
Good on you for helping the kids out. The world needs more like you.  :bravo_2:

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1391 on: May 05, 2020, 08:38:51 AM »
Stand up guy Travis. :great:

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1392 on: May 10, 2020, 09:37:09 AM »

Came across a really good tip for the Bar B Q crowd. I have learned the secret of keeping meat from sticking to the grates.  Canola cooking oil

Coat the grates with it, I did it after the heat was up. Side story, have a trailer up for sale.... what does this have to do with grilling and not stick grates..?... getting there LOL

Guy walks up and asks about the trailer, grill is @ 400*. Not wanting to be rude, listening to him for 20 min. When he figured out, was not going to give him the trailer he left.

Thinking I need to re-coat the grates when he leaves. Wife brings the grub, toss it on the grill, forgot to re-coat .... to my surprise that was not needed.

New and improved nonstick grilling brought to you from the Canola cooking oil company, better then motor oil.  :-\

Still got the trailer, later today, be flipping me some hamburgers. Thought I'd give a heads up for the chiefs amount us .

Welded up and patched a gas BBQ grill chassis and installed new grates, ingnitors, burner covers, and racks. Painted the chassis and hopefully we’re good to go for a few more grilling seasons on this old Kenmore grill.

Not an exciting project, but at least one more thing off the “honey do!” list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:39:17 AM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline GNAP

« Reply #1393 on: May 10, 2020, 02:00:51 PM »
I use way oil, the tackifiers keep it on the grates and doesn’t drip off too fast.............. :93:
jack

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1394 on: May 10, 2020, 06:57:19 PM »
I use way oil, the tackifiers keep it on the grates and doesn’t drip off too fast.............. :93:

Vactra gives it a unique flavor. :iagree: