Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688547 times)

Offline muddy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1395 on: May 14, 2020, 09:37:28 PM »
Not sure what I was thinking but I picked this up for free today...

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1396 on: May 14, 2020, 09:57:15 PM »
That has a lots of possibilities. Maybe build a sled for it and make it a puller.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1397 on: May 15, 2020, 07:26:19 AM »
Not sure what I was thinking but I picked this up for free today...

You were thinking its free, its a tractor and I got kids :))

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1398 on: May 15, 2020, 07:39:49 AM »
it'll look better in JD green/yellow -- maybe mix it up a bit and go for the CAT theme. Sam's little sister is going to need a ride soon, so you better get after it dad; just to keep peace in the family.    --- LOL good luck Tim

Offline john k

« Reply #1399 on: May 15, 2020, 08:35:31 AM »
Ok,,,is the pedestal fiberglass or plastic??

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1400 on: May 15, 2020, 08:42:43 AM »
That's great Tim. You can put Sam to work on this one.

Offline muddy

« Reply #1401 on: May 15, 2020, 09:07:03 AM »
This one will have to be red to keep peace in the wife's side lol

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #1402 on: May 16, 2020, 01:00:12 AM »
I took home yet another bike we don't need so I can do a project with my son.  He wants to learn to shift a mountain bike. 

Tonight we changed a bad tire off and changed the chain.  Tomorrow we do an overall check and test drive it. 

Or he does, its too small for me.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1403 on: May 16, 2020, 03:33:24 PM »
I've been working in and around the barn the last 3 days. Gonna pressure wash the owl crap off everything tomorrow. I have to get all the owl pellets cleaned up first. Anybody want a load of barn owl pellets to disect to figure out what it has been eating?

Offline walrus

« Reply #1404 on: May 16, 2020, 03:56:17 PM »
I've been working in and around the barn the last 3 days. Gonna pressure wash the owl crap off everything tomorrow. I have to get all the owl pellets cleaned up first. Anybody want a load of barn owl pellets to disect to figure out what it has been eating?
Not sure if that would be good compost material or not? I'm glad I'm not cleaning it up but mouse population must be minimal with owls around

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1405 on: May 16, 2020, 06:26:42 PM »
Not sure if that would be good compost material or not? I'm glad I'm not cleaning it up but mouse population must be minimal with owls around

The pellets are fur and bones as the owls can't digest and crap that stuff so they cough up the pellets. Their crap is a white liquid that can be tough to clean after it dries. No rodents in the barn and the kangaroo rats are the worst as they do tunnels and undermine the aisleway which is just decomposed granite which is like a heavy sand that compacts pretty well while staying soft on top. Only evidence of the rats is a few tails lying around the barn.

On a side note there is people who make good money collecting owl pellets, sterilizing them and making kits containing pellets, forceps and drawings of the skeletons of the animals owls eat. You can soften the pellets with water and carefully pull them apart with the forceps and assemble the skeleton to see what they ate. The wife would kill me if I sterilized pellets in the oven so I could sell them to schools as kits. You can find the kits online.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1406 on: May 16, 2020, 09:29:48 PM »
Stumbled across some Liquid Wax, can be used in the hot sun, on hot car paint, does not stain plastic trim.

Cleaned the coupe with Windex and a towel, squirting a quarter size spot of the Q-7. The wiping it on, repeating until panel was covered. Let dry and buff. The whole process took 1.5 hour, start to finish....

Results damn good

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline GNAP

« Reply #1407 on: May 17, 2020, 10:13:10 AM »
Pep,

I’m at the other end of the scale, I’ve never washed a single car I’ve ever owned in my life, that’s what rain is for........ :))
jack

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1408 on: May 17, 2020, 10:30:44 AM »
Doing the car cleaning thing as well today. It's overcast and warm today. Perfect weather for washing, waxing, and polishing the '11 DTS. A good shampoo of the mats and a nice wax will keep it going for another six months.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1409 on: May 17, 2020, 11:08:18 AM »
Went to a drive thru viewing on Friday.   Buddy from high school Dad passed away.  He was a fire marshall and 55 year member of the local fire department.   The fire department emptied a couple of bays and we were able to drive thru and talk to the family.  Elwood was laid out in his casket and were able to see him from our car.

Pretty unique.