Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688566 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1455 on: June 10, 2020, 08:15:31 PM »
Flag looks great flying in the blue sky, nice day captured .
Not too hot, nice breeze, not bad.
I just wish this summer would be this nice, but if course there's always August.
I'm just glad we don't have any if that humidity the folks down south have to deal with.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1456 on: June 11, 2020, 04:16:54 AM »
Went to work at the office today instead of working from home for the first time in nearly twelve weeks.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1457 on: June 11, 2020, 07:07:26 PM »
Well, it's been a "swapping out the spares" week.

Last weekend, the Mrs said the 30 year old VHS player quit. Swapped it out with a NOS $5 unit I got 2 years ago at a thrift store. Finally got around to replacing the motor ($145) in our older washing machine that quit last year - the new washer seems to be making weird noises. And our 30 year old commercial Magic Chef microwave wouldn't defrost 3 nights ago. So, swapped it out with the 15 year old Sharp I just got operational for $1.

Those are the 3 things - so, I don't want anything else to quit soon! :25:

Offline john k

« Reply #1458 on: June 11, 2020, 09:44:51 PM »
Picked up a spare John Deere no.5 sickle mower.  Just for parts for one I have had for years.  Fellow showed me around his farm place, remnants of his grandfathers and uncles equipment and cars.   Going back for a wagon soon.

Offline muddy

« Reply #1459 on: June 11, 2020, 10:10:47 PM »
Picked up a spare John Deere no.5 sickle mower.  Just for parts for one I have had for years.  Fellow showed me around his farm place, remnants of his grandfathers and uncles equipment and cars.   Going back for a wagon soon.
I could sell you another one.... shipping would kill it though lol

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1460 on: June 12, 2020, 05:40:39 AM »
 We're happy for long seasons, short mild winters, and AC.

LOL

Flag looks great flying in the blue sky, nice day captured .
Not too hot, nice breeze, not bad.
I just wish this summer would be this nice, but if course there's always August.
I'm just glad we don't have any if that humidity the folks down south have to deal with.
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #1461 on: June 12, 2020, 01:37:47 PM »
Yesterday and the day before- My 98 GMC has been acting up lately. Hard to start, stumbling on idle, and just running rough at low speeds. i had changed the fuel filter and checked all the fluids, etc. before the Covid "Stay at Home " fiasco, but finally took it to a shop I trust. Turned out the coolant temperature sensor was faulty and telling the computer the coolant was 27 degrees !
Yesterday I took it for a 40 mile drive to be sure all codes had cleared, and she ran perfectly !. Took her back to confirm, and all is good now. Then I got the state inspection and registration done.
Happy camper now.
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1462 on: June 12, 2020, 04:29:22 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^Glad you got it fixed the first time and doesn't sound too hateful expensive

Offline muddy

« Reply #1463 on: June 14, 2020, 08:15:09 PM »
Mulched the front flower beds

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #1464 on: June 15, 2020, 07:16:46 PM »
Put a care packaged in the mail.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1465 on: June 16, 2020, 05:04:18 AM »

This pretty much says it all.

I sent this to one of the project managers I'm working with this morning and got this back "So true. I used to like the Muppet Show as a kid but it's not so enjoyable when you seem to be the special guest every day!"

To top off my day the buckle on my belt broke. I did do a bodgey fix to hold my trousers up.

Offline john k

« Reply #1466 on: June 16, 2020, 04:47:00 PM »
This am went over to the place I bought the mower,  got the farm wagon.   Rubber tires, steel frame, wood box, and hydraulic hoist.   The thing had double sideboards, bolted on.   35 - 40 mph constant winds  told me to take   them off before loading.  Winched it onto my car trailer.  Stopped for burgers,   Got motor oil to service the pickup,  the trip home took some gas with the winds,  some gusts  really knocked my Chevy around.  Wagon sitting higher than the cab  didnt help. ,,,,,,,tires are about 50 years old.   Bias ply, nylon and still holding air,  of course  I would not want to try them at 60mph.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:47:54 AM by john k »

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #1467 on: June 16, 2020, 07:46:48 PM »
I've been fighting a very slow leak on a riding mower rear tire (new tires 30 days ago), it turned out to be a pinhole leak from a thorn. Argh.

Dismounted the tire, patched from inside, and passed the leak test.

Life is but a series of tire leaks if you own round rubber tires.

Daaaummm. I like crawler tractors on steel.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1468 on: June 17, 2020, 04:09:51 PM »
^^^^^^^^Glad you made the patch work.  I used to patch tires when I worked in a gas station in the 70's.  You scuff the tire, wipe it clean, apply the glue, light the glue on fire and then apply the patch and roll it with a stitcher wheel.  Worked well.  I don't think they sell that type of glue anymore and I haven't had luck since.  I normally put a tube in small tires and plug the big ones

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1469 on: June 17, 2020, 05:19:24 PM »
I run Slime sealant in my old tires on the mower. I also have it in a front tire on the tractor as it got a slow leak and it has held air for well over a year now. I won't use it on vehicle tires though.