Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688643 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1635 on: August 15, 2020, 11:35:50 AM »
cool pics Rural -- very nice perspective.   

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1636 on: August 15, 2020, 11:36:50 AM »
Have fun Tim -- lookin' good on top of those noble beasts.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1637 on: August 15, 2020, 12:09:33 PM »
I have fond memories of visiting Gettysburg. Somber, but fond.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #1638 on: August 15, 2020, 08:30:36 PM »
In Gettysburg for the weekend. Today we did a horseback tour of the Battlefield.

upload image free upload

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
Looks like you had a great time
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #1639 on: August 15, 2020, 09:06:03 PM »
I spent the workday pushing 1/8"  7018 rods into plate steel at 150 amps.  About the limit the rods could take but damn the penetration was deep.  Which is going to be important because its the sideplates of a hydraulic jackhammer  for a backhoe.    Those had to be widened to fit a Cat backhoe tail.

Probably a full kilo of them turned to liquid steel and smoke.

Made a call and a friend wants to sell me yet another cheap bike.  He needs cash and I like fixing bikes.  Just not sure I need seven of them.  It has resale value so maybe?

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1640 on: August 16, 2020, 10:17:26 AM »
If it's a mountain bike then I'd grab it, strike. There's always a market for good quality MTB's, especially during this COVID thing as people are riding bikes to work more often. The demand is so high I've heard around here - if you have bikes - now's the time to sell 'em.

Offline walrus

« Reply #1641 on: August 16, 2020, 05:29:52 PM »
Did nothing today except take the dog over to my brothers for his weekly swim and 'rasslin with his buddy Henry.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #1642 on: August 16, 2020, 05:45:18 PM »
If it's a mountain bike then I'd grab it, strike. There's always a market for good quality MTB's, especially during this COVID thing as people are riding bikes to work more often. The demand is so high I've heard around here - if you have bikes - now's the time to sell 'em.

Dual suspension  21 speed MTB in 26" tires.  Some new parts, most well used. 

Yeah, its commercial for sure.  And even if just stored a year or so it can't lose value.  I don't use suspension bikes but flipping them is brain dead easy.  This one is medium grade at best which means cheap parts are everywhere.

We finally got the last sliding glass doors on the 2nd floor.  After years of a steel stud and thin plywood fake wall.  Flooded hallway every storm with that.
The door works great against rain!  It hasn't stormed good since it was installed, not once.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 05:55:00 PM by strik9 »

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #1643 on: August 24, 2020, 11:07:01 PM »
Purlins suck. Up and down the ladder 500 times and on and off the osha rotten pallet forklift manbasket. 6hrs to get them all cut, sucked down, and nailed on the rafters. I'll start building rafters for the other side tomorrow.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1644 on: August 25, 2020, 07:05:24 AM »
Serviced the car, early oil & filter change, first after break in, tire rotation. Getting ready for a twisty mountain road run. While speaking to the lead, who drives a 350. He mentions we might need to stop for a short, short.

Come to find out the carrier oil over heats. Reading some, this is not an unknown. At about 340 a warning appears, if ignored the car will go into a limp mode. Pretty cool it does that.

Me, want to avoid both pulling over or limp mode. So I wrapped the tail pipes, that create a heat envelope around the carrier. 

Will see how it goes…. Going to be a hoot if the GT PP2 out runs the 350’s due to carrier oil over heat.

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #1645 on: August 25, 2020, 08:02:59 AM »
Serviced the car, early oil & filter change, first after break in, tire rotation. Getting ready for a twisty mountain road run. While speaking to the lead, who drives a 350. He mentions we might need to stop for a short, short.

Come to find out the carrier oil over heats. Reading some, this is not an unknown. At about 340 a warning appears, if ignored the car will go into a limp mode. Pretty cool it does that.

Me, want to avoid both pulling over or limp mode. So I wrapped the tail pipes, that create a heat envelope around the carrier. 

Will see how it goes…. Going to be a hoot if the GT PP2 out runs the 350’s due to carrier oil over heat.

Tail of the Dragon?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 02:05:46 PM by Heiny57 »
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1646 on: August 25, 2020, 03:29:06 PM »
A known engineering flaw that Ford has not fixed? Shocking to say the least. Have fun on your run. :cool2:

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #1647 on: August 25, 2020, 05:28:03 PM »
Staying home after a postponed minor surgery and watching the news about Hurricane Laura. I am on the coast of Texas. Only ran from one in the past and will sit this one out also.
At this time, it looks like our neighbors to the East in Louisiana will get the brunt of it.
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1648 on: August 25, 2020, 06:16:30 PM »

Dual suspension  21 speed MTB in 26" tires.  Some new parts, most well used. 

Yeah, its commercial for sure.  And even if just stored a year or so it can't lose value.  I don't use suspension bikes but flipping them is brain dead easy.  This one is medium grade at best which means cheap parts are everywhere.

We finally got the last sliding glass doors on the 2nd floor.  After years of a steel stud and thin plywood fake wall.  Flooded hallway every storm with that.
The door works great against rain!  It hasn't stormed good since it was installed, not once.

I had an acquaintance give me a bike to fix for him. It was a suspended bike someone had given to him, and the center shock was broken. I fabbed apiece of aluminum square stock to replace the shock. It made it a rigid frame but at least it was rideable and a cheap repair. Before returning it to him I found a usable shock and re=swapped it out. Would have liked to have known how it rode for him.

Offline john k

« Reply #1649 on: August 25, 2020, 08:33:36 PM »
 Still updating the old farmhouse.  Replaced the 40 year old vermiculite insulation with R-29 batting.  Most of the attic I can stand in.  Just been working early, on these 95 plus days it gets hot up there fast.  Am another day closer to painting the bedrooms.  Dont think I will ever enjoy mudding drywall, and sanding.