Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688563 times)

Offline strik9

• X
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1650 on: August 25, 2020, 09:12:08 PM »
Bman, I got the bike today.  Front derailleur is ruined but otherwise complete.  Some alu bits like cranks but otherwise fairly low grade.

I have a buyer at my cost already lined up.  He fixed s and resells to friends.
He does some good looking low budget rebuilds.  Mine never stay low budget.  I always upgrade something to blow the budget.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 10:04:00 PM by strik9 »

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1651 on: August 26, 2020, 06:34:00 AM »
Serviced the car, early oil & filter change, first after break in, tire rotation. Getting ready for a twisty mountain road run. While speaking to the lead, who drives a 350. He mentions we might need to stop for a short, short.

Come to find out the carrier oil over heats. Reading some, this is not an unknown. At about 340 a warning appears, if ignored the car will go into a limp mode. Pretty cool it does that.

Me, want to avoid both pulling over or limp mode. So I wrapped the tail pipes, that create a heat envelope around the carrier. 

Will see how it goes…. Going to be a hoot if the GT PP2 out runs the 350’s due to carrier oil over heat.

Tail of the Dragon?

Tail of the dragon gets a lot of press, comes up often for sure. The bikers like it and run off the mountain often.

Takes too long to get there, and generally crowded, we will go to Six Gap, North GA. It has some good straights to stretch the legs, up to 3 digits I’m told. I like both twisty and flat out running.

I’ve had the car to 130 with some left over. The 350’s red line is 8100, mine 7100, the flat plane motor being the difference.

Now we need the rain to stop to get busy.

A known engineering flaw that Ford has not fixed? Shocking to say the least. Have fun on your run.

Who knows, put any street/consumer car thru its paces, weaknesses will be found.

I will say this, there is more older American iron on the streets then the foreign shit. Even with flaws the US builds a better car.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 07:56:08 AM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1652 on: August 26, 2020, 08:34:49 AM »
Waiting on the water well company this morning. The check valves not holding. And at 160 ft down there. I ain’t pulling it myself   The joys of getting older. Knowing your limitations and knowing who to call 😄😄

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1653 on: August 26, 2020, 09:52:26 AM »
Waiting on the water well company this morning. The check valves not holding. And at 160 ft down there. I ain’t pulling it myself   The joys of getting older. Knowing your limitations and knowing who to call 😄😄

Ours is 189' and last year we had a hole rust through on the last 20' stick of pipe. We also put in a new pump as no telling how long the pump ran continuously plus he said code calls for the 4-wire instead of the old 3-wire so got to pay for 190' of wire also.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1654 on: August 26, 2020, 12:14:23 PM »
They pulled the pump replaced the check valve. Replaced the sanitary seal and were gone before lunch. They are going to invoice me.  But iirc the charge $100/hr. Best $250 I spent all month👍👍

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1655 on: August 26, 2020, 12:27:29 PM »
They pulled the pump replaced the check valve. Replaced the sanitary seal and were gone before lunch. They are going to invoice me.  But iirc the charge $100/hr. Best $250 I spent all month👍👍

I'd say you did very well at that price. :clap:

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1656 on: August 31, 2020, 03:55:01 AM »
Last night's efforts. My contractors are replacing the rail so they can complete the deck repair. They completed the same repair two months ago on the next bridge 2km down the road!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1657 on: August 31, 2020, 09:10:51 AM »
Bman, I got the bike today.  Front derailleur is ruined but otherwise complete.  Some alu bits like cranks but otherwise fairly low grade.

I have a buyer at my cost already lined up.  He fixed s and resells to friends.
He does some good looking low budget rebuilds.  Mine never stay low budget.  I always upgrade something to blow the budget.

Cool! I used to drive the back alleys and curbs during bulky pickup season, find suitable bikes, and fix them up. Then sell them at the twice yearly bike auction downtown by the university. Typically did $600-800 a year flipping bikes this way. Wasn't going to get rich but it was a nice little extra cash.

Then people stopped dumping their bikes, used parts dried up, and the auction holders changed the rules which all but killed the gig. Darn!

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1658 on: September 03, 2020, 03:08:52 PM »
Finishing the last few acres of wheat stubble on the second pass. I love auto steer!
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #1659 on: September 03, 2020, 05:58:01 PM »
Do you find it difficult to keep the cup filled and not spilling when operating like that?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1660 on: September 03, 2020, 08:51:07 PM »
I'm afraid I'd fall asleep.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1661 on: September 03, 2020, 09:18:17 PM »
I'm afraid I'd fall asleep.

the opposite, less stress and strain. i rarely get the urge to fall asleep and do not feel as beat up and th end of the day.

Do you find it difficult to keep the cup filled and not spilling when operating like that?

my coffee cup has a lid and the tractor has a couple cup  holders. the seat is a full air ride with vertical suspension and can be adjusted to move forward and backward as well as   side to side to smoothen bumps and jolts. it also rotates left or right to increase visibilty and prevent neck strain from looking towards the implement. it is quite comfortable.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline muddy

« Reply #1662 on: September 03, 2020, 09:32:55 PM »
Finishing the last few acres of wheat stubble on the second pass. I love auto steer!
Lazy flatlanders :))

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #1663 on: September 04, 2020, 12:55:55 AM »
Ag has come a long way in creature comforts in a century.  Didn't it used to be a pressed steel plate seat on a bar just behind the rear axle?

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1664 on: September 04, 2020, 07:26:09 AM »
Lazy flatlanders :))

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Haha, I often tell local farmers about sk's landscape.  From the rolling hills of Carroll County they can't imagine what it would be like to farm flat fields