Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688643 times)

Offline strik9

• X
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1740 on: October 08, 2020, 10:17:12 PM »
We stuffed a rubber band back in an old JD backhoe  at a building supply place.  It fired up and ran no leaks.

They took the backhoe off long ago and didn't add any rear counterweight making it kinda useless as a loader.

So tired of adaptations of cheaper parts to retired junk.  This one has an early Case 580 K hyd pump now.  But the other pump managed to damage a camshaft when it locked up and stalled the last time.  Just junk them when they get this bad guys, don't sell them to Mexicans.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1741 on: October 09, 2020, 08:14:45 AM »
  Just junk them when they get this bad guys, don't sell them to Mexicans.

Brian is tired of getting the shitty end of the stick :))

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1742 on: October 09, 2020, 10:18:53 AM »
Had the new printer fail on me - again! new HP laserjet, even bought the 2 year warranty. Go back to Office Depot with the printer and warranty slip - I get a card with a bunch of phone numbers on it and told to call this company for instructions. I tell the guy the printer is only 2 months old - maybe 50 sheets of paper through it. No matter - they just sell. After 7 days it's turned over to the warranty company.
I called a computer repair shop I've dealt with alot in the past. He had a pile of used printers and said he cobbled together enough parts to get a few that worked. Installed a new cartridge for me - $200 out the door. Had my computer service guy hook it up and get it running (gosh I hate computer stuff).

Took the 2 month old printer apart before tossing it, figured there's always useabe shafts, springs, etc in old machines. Cannibalize things before you toss em. NOT THIS THING! Shafts were plastic, plastic gears, snap together plastic construction, metal plates holding the laser stuff is like beer can thick, really got nothing out of it.

What is this world coming to? And now the landline phone doesn't work. No dial tone. Phone company is due out today to look at it - estimated arrival time between 8AM and 4PM!!!! I'm ready for this wek to be over.

Offline walrus

« Reply #1743 on: October 11, 2020, 06:12:31 AM »
Drove home friday night, no problem. Got up Saturday morning went to move truck over to shop, sounded like engine was blowing up:) wtf, tried again, realized it was heater fan. Pain in the ass getting a huge plastic cover off under dash, easy to get fan out once cover removed. One night and this is what I find

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1744 on: October 11, 2020, 07:26:17 AM »
What a trip, how long you think those have been in there? More important how the hell?
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline walrus

« Reply #1745 on: October 11, 2020, 09:10:59 AM »
What a trip, how long you think those have been in there? More important how the hell?
One night, I assume mouse/mice and acorns for winter. My property is covered with Red Oaks and 2nd year in a row for wicked acorn crop. Not sure how mice get in there but its not uncommon around here. Once day length goes down rodents look for place to hide in winter. You would think a 2019 GMC would be immune but it isn't   :41:  Haven't checked it today so might be doing it again?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1746 on: October 11, 2020, 09:21:07 AM »
Those probably weren't mice, but more likely chipmunks. Around here the chipmunks are much more destructive than other rodent species. They will nest on top of transmissions and in wheel wells, and unlike mice, will not be scared off by an engine start. I've seen them jump out from beneath cars after road trips, and they will stash huge amounts of acorns in a vehicle's dead space.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #1747 on: October 11, 2020, 11:15:08 AM »
Not sure how mice get in there but its not uncommon around here.

HVAC fresh air inlet is one possibility. Setting the HVAC to recirc might keep 'em out.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1748 on: October 11, 2020, 11:30:06 AM »

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1749 on: October 16, 2020, 01:39:50 AM »
TGIF, what a week!

Black as used oil out of a diesel engine that is 5000 miles over it's service interval but tastes great.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1750 on: October 16, 2020, 08:37:09 PM »
 Bought a green house for my wife's birthday, putting it together. Nothing huge 6 x 6 aluminum framed. Nice little deal, get the roof on it tomorrow.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1751 on: October 16, 2020, 10:45:52 PM »
A green house is a great way to keep valuable shop space. The first winter after my shop was built, the wife came dragging her plants in.  :-\

The next spring I built a 10X12 lean to onto the south side for a green house.

Offline walrus

« Reply #1752 on: October 17, 2020, 04:06:04 PM »
Tearing out slate floor in entry way and closet. Shit is stuck down, takes some patience and a 3lb hammer   :))

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1753 on: October 17, 2020, 07:18:19 PM »
A green house is a great way to keep valuable shop space. The first winter after my shop was built, the wife came dragging her plants in.  :-\

The next spring I built a 10X12 lean to onto the south side for a green house.

:a102: Know the feeling  :D They sure do find any empty space to store stuff, honey that' my welding table ?

Offline muddy

« Reply #1754 on: October 17, 2020, 10:22:44 PM »
Froze my ass off on the first half a beautiful fall foliage motorcycle ride. Then we went to a local parade.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk