Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688663 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1860 on: December 07, 2020, 07:19:26 PM »
Sorry to hear that Dustin. I just lost my Aunt, Dad's sister, this morning to Covid. She was 100 years old and she went peacefully and it is for the better.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1861 on: December 07, 2020, 07:48:03 PM »
Sorry to hear that nutz....
My uncle was in the army fought in korea and till recently always went to fellow vets funeral and was part of the honor guard? I think its call.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 03:20:23 PM by Crispycritter »

Offline muddy

« Reply #1862 on: December 07, 2020, 08:06:49 PM »
Sorry for your loss Dustin.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1863 on: December 07, 2020, 09:05:22 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that DeadNutz.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #1864 on: December 07, 2020, 09:17:32 PM »
Great looking kids Tim!  :bravo_2:
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1865 on: December 08, 2020, 10:55:34 AM »
Yes DN, sorry for your loss as well

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1866 on: December 08, 2020, 11:50:42 AM »
sorry for everyone's loss. it always sucks but it can be a blessing and takes some of the sting away  when they go peacefully and have lived a good and full life.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1867 on: December 09, 2020, 08:15:05 PM »
 :41:

So today I submitted the assessment paperwork for a new qualification that I am now required to have to do something that I've been doing for the last twenty years under another qualification. To make it more interesting I still have to have the old qualification to use the new qualification.

At a webinar last week we were informed that as of 25 November 2020, 859 people have attended a workshop for this qualification and there were 100 more to go through a workshop before the end of the year.

•   Of those 859 people 143 have submitted assessments for marking
•   116 people have had a result returned for their assessment
•   27 assessments are currently out with the assessors for marking
•   46 people have passed the assessment

This is 39.6% of people who have submitted an assessment from beginning of the assessment introduction. The percentage of those who have passed since the marking schedule was introduced (and supplied to applicants) has climbed overall to 46%.

The qualification was announced late December last year in the run up to Christmas in an industry wide email from the regulator, but you only saw it if you clicked on the link at the bottom of the email that contained a whole lot of other info then read the newsletter in the link (excellent communications!!). Most people actually found out about it in February/March and then had to actually get on a workshop. I then had the added complication, as I work for a consultant, I had to wait until one of my contractors was doing a job sufficiently "complex" to be suitable for assessment, plan it for them, wait for them to do it, then submit for assessment.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1868 on: December 11, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »
Yesterday I opened my heart to this little pitbull, she's about 8 weeks old and I named her pepper.
I wasn't really ready or looking, but the neighbors buddy was in town buying her brother from a friend who breeds them and I just had this feeling like something was right.
She already following me around the house, and the bond was pretty much instant.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1869 on: December 11, 2020, 03:39:49 PM »
That look and face will steal your heart in an instant. I'm sure she will give you back every bit of love you give and more.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1870 on: December 11, 2020, 04:02:44 PM »
That look and face will steal your heart in an instant. I'm sure she will give you back every bit of love you give and more.

What he said :))

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1871 on: December 11, 2020, 04:27:26 PM »
She's already putting a smile on my face, last night I actually woke up and she was sleeping on my face ( I'm a side sleeper)
Always lookin' to learn

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1872 on: December 11, 2020, 06:25:57 PM »
Good looking pup. Pits can be very loyal dogs.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1873 on: December 12, 2020, 04:18:15 AM »
Good looking pup. Pits can be very loyal dogs.
They're all I've ever known.
My first came from a litter my grandmother's pitbull had,  she was born 2 months before I was so we gew up together.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline walrus

« Reply #1874 on: December 12, 2020, 03:45:27 PM »
Bought a LED light bar kit from Wal Mart, putting it on my 57 Ford Tractor.  Lights look out of place on my antique, well used, not a trailer queen tractor. Need to get it finished tomorrow as we have possible snow coming in mid week. I had 1 light still working and that made it possible to plow at night but it wasn't much fun and kind of dangerous when going across road. Once finished it should be quite visible to oncoming traffic and I should be able to see edge of driveway.  Go off the edge of driveway ruins your day as the old girl gets stuck rather easy.