Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688659 times)

Offline muddy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1875 on: December 12, 2020, 11:14:07 PM »
Yesterday I opened my heart to this little pitbull, she's about 8 weeks old and I named her pepper.
I wasn't really ready or looking, but the neighbors buddy was in town buying her brother from a friend who breeds them and I just had this feeling like something was right.
She already following me around the house, and the bond was pretty much instant.

Congratulations on that beautiful fur baby!

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline muddy

« Reply #1876 on: December 12, 2020, 11:22:57 PM »
Mandy and the kids made Christmas cookies with her mother and their cousins..... House to myself and the dog!

I worked on Christmas presents today. Bottle openers made from old corn crib wood from the in-laws farm. Ready for stain tomorrow.

Norm Abrams would be so........ appalled :))

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 11:26:03 PM by muddy »

Offline walrus

« Reply #1877 on: December 13, 2020, 02:23:53 PM »
Finished up lights on tractor, then it wouldn't start. No turnover, not even a click. Cleaned battery terminals, started, shut it off wouldn't turn over again. Hit solenoid with hammer handle and it started. Ordered a solenoid   :(  Need to get 2 new battery terminals also. Such is life with an antique tractor.

Offline muddy

« Reply #1878 on: December 13, 2020, 09:44:38 PM »
Got the stain on today. Used three different stains.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1879 on: December 14, 2020, 04:55:13 AM »
Walrus, ain't that the truth about old equipment. It requires attention often but man it feels good to keep an old piece going.  Plus you didn't have to hook up a scanner  :))

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1880 on: December 14, 2020, 05:06:11 AM »
Took my 17 Ford znd mama's 09 charger to a self service kiosk yesterday for emissions testing.  Go to plug mine in and the plug in tried to fight me a bit.  Got it in and it passed.  Mama pulled up and wouldn't plug in well either.  Looked in the plug and 4 or 5 pins were bent.  One completely bent over.  Straightened up the ones I could and got it to go in.  Hers passed also but makes me wonder if it really read anything or they just want the money as plug engagement wasn't good

Offline muddy

« Reply #1881 on: December 14, 2020, 05:51:29 AM »
Took my 17 Ford znd mama's 09 charger to a self service kiosk yesterday for emissions testing.  Go to plug mine in and the plug in tried to fight me a bit.  Got it in and it passed.  Mama pulled up and wouldn't plug in well either.  Looked in the plug and 4 or 5 pins were bent.  One completely bent over.  Straightened up the ones I could and got it to go in.  Hers passed also but makes me wonder if it really read anything or they just want the money as plug engagement wasn't good
Self service kiosk? Can't say that we have those around here.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1882 on: December 14, 2020, 10:18:46 AM »
Can't wait to see the finished product Muddy,
No emission testing required in our county which is a blessing.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1883 on: December 14, 2020, 11:56:17 AM »

Self serve partly due to covid.  They have made some of the emissions sites into covid test centers

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1884 on: December 14, 2020, 12:33:06 PM »

Self serve partly due to covid.  They have made some of the emissions sites into covid test centers

Sounds more like BIG GOVERNMENT trying to take more control -- LOL  ;) ;) ;)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1885 on: December 14, 2020, 12:47:26 PM »

...  They have made some of the emissions sites into covid test centers

Same thing just change which end is being tested.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1886 on: December 14, 2020, 03:33:26 PM »
Bought a leash and harness for pepper as well as a Kong toy,  and the first of 3 shots she will need to start off with.
Also took her for her first walk sort of, she wasn't too interested and turned around after meeting the neighbors dog.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1887 on: December 14, 2020, 06:21:57 PM »
Finished up lights on tractor, then it wouldn't start. No turnover, not even a click. Cleaned battery terminals, started, shut it off wouldn't turn over again. Hit solenoid with hammer handle and it started. Ordered a solenoid   :(  Need to get 2 new battery terminals also. Such is life with an antique tractor.

The beauty of those LEDs is you can run them a long time before they run the battery down. Very important in crappy old tractors. :D  I put a set on the hay tractor and they work great. Cant keep a good battery in it or the locals would steal it. the alternator barely puts out enough to keep the lights lit. :D

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #1888 on: December 14, 2020, 07:03:49 PM »

The beauty of those LEDs is you can run them a long time before they run the battery down. Very important in crappy old tractors. :D  I put a set on the hay tractor and they work great. Cant keep a good battery in it or the locals would steal it. the alternator barely puts out enough to keep the lights lit. :D
[/quote]

The locals would steal it? You can't deal with the locals like the bobcat getting the chickens?

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #1889 on: December 17, 2020, 04:07:01 PM »
Just finished eating a great steak, cooked on the grill outside in 60 degree bright sun.  Just last Sunday we had five inches of snow which is already all gone.  Southern Ozarks.