Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688672 times)

Offline muddy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #1905 on: December 22, 2020, 11:18:23 AM »
Finished products

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1906 on: December 22, 2020, 12:07:58 PM »
Puppy training.

This morning she followed me all the way around the block without needing a leash.
Theres a leash law which nobody else but me seems to follow, but right now I'm just trying to get her to the point where she will stay put and I don't have to worry about the front gate when I'm bringing in groceries...ect.

I will also be using a cap gun to train her on loud noises so she can hang with me when I'm plinking in the backyard or  when I working in the garage.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1907 on: December 23, 2020, 09:18:44 AM »
Spent a couple hours on the ice with my son last night and the views were incredible. We only ended up with a few keepers but the pheasants cackling on shore and the coyotes yipping on the distance only added to it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 09:50:35 AM by skfarmer »
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Midnitemack

« Reply #1908 on: December 23, 2020, 10:28:20 AM »
Spent a couple hours on the ice with my son last night and the views were incredible. We only ended up with a few keepers but the pheasants cackling on shore and the coyotes yipping on the distance only added to it.
Very cool !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #1909 on: December 23, 2020, 12:21:17 PM »
That looks fun! I did some ice fishing when I was young, and it got more fun when I was old enough to buy adult beverages.  :great:
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline GNAP

« Reply #1910 on: December 23, 2020, 04:03:43 PM »
today’s projects involves a little bit of plasma cutting, a little bit of welding, some mag drill work, and some geometry ciphering. I had to make a couple of burner adapters for a couple of boilers going into a sewage treat facility, up on the Canadian border.

The boiler manufacturer, made a mistake and made the front wall opening for the boiler about 3 inches too big in diameter, the mounting flange bolt center, in now inside their hole, so I had to make 2 adapters to not only be able to mount the burner on the front of the boiler, but also move the burner 1-1/2” further back from the front wall to gain some extra clearance. I started out with (2) 24” x 24” x 1/4” plate, along with (2) 11” OD x 8” H x 3/16” rolled rings, ending up with (2) 17-1/2” OD x 11-1/2” x 1/4” flange rings with the rolled rings welded to them.

I also had to make (2) 20” OD x 12” ID x 3/8” flat rings, with (12) 3/4” holes on a 17” bolt circle, to end up being welded into the roof of the boiler casing to give us not only a stack outlet flange, but also a stiffening ring to stiffen the 24” x 24” x 3/16” outlet panel. Normally the stack is supported off of the ceiling supports, but in this case the roof will support the first 15-20 feet of the 12” doubled walled stainless steel stack, before the ceiling supports can used.
jack

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #1911 on: December 23, 2020, 04:33:00 PM »
Some may know that I blacked out and fell last Thursday and ended up in the hospital , Herat trouble I have had for years and now too much fluid on the heart.

A little report on my condition-

Things are looking up a bit and I feel lots better. Slow moving and have a real sore hip. Heart condition seems to be improving. Had a follow up appointment with the cardiologist yesterday and he says to continue on the meds from the hospital.

I will have a home health care person come by next week to do an evaluation.
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1912 on: December 23, 2020, 04:38:18 PM »
Good to hear you are improving.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #1913 on: December 23, 2020, 05:08:01 PM »
Glad you are on the mend.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1914 on: December 23, 2020, 07:54:12 PM »
get well quick papaw!
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1915 on: December 24, 2020, 06:53:34 AM »
Hmmm thought I'd be seeing a post from Steve in this thread?  I know he's on the road and towing that infamous trailer?
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline john k

« Reply #1916 on: December 24, 2020, 02:37:26 PM »
Scooped the remnants of yesterdays blizzard off the sidewalk.   Sitting and looking at Christmas decorations.   Walked down to the mailbox, got the secret santa package,  too cold to do anything outside, 7F windchill. 

Offline eborcim

« Reply #1917 on: December 24, 2020, 04:06:53 PM »
Took the kids to the annual picture with Santa at Bass Pro.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1918 on: December 24, 2020, 07:05:59 PM »
Fed cows this morning then spent the rest of the day chasing down fuel filters  :021:  Almost made it back to the barn before it died. Luckily Napa was open.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #1919 on: December 26, 2020, 10:47:00 PM »
Yesterday, Boxing Day, I had a look at the 28 Fergie that Noel is doing up. This has been on the farm since the late 50s.

I then went and saw the old neighbors on the farm on the other side of where I grew up and caught up with them. I then had a tramp around in knee high vegetation trying to get to the waterfall on the farm boundary but didn't couldn't get to it.

Next stop was the remains of Seagrove Airfield. This is a WW2 Airfield built for the defence of Auckland. A RNZAF P-40 Kittyhawk (Warhawk in the US) squadron was based here for the duration. In May 1943, when American forces arrived in NZ, MAG-14 (Marine Aircraft Group 14), equipped with SDB-3 Dauntless dive bombers, where offered use of the Airfield, arriving in April after action at Guadalcanal. MAG-14 left in August. The Airfield closed soon after the end of WW2. There is basically nothing left but the runways are still evident from the air.

Next stop was Waitangi Falls to take some photos. There were plenty of people swimming.

Coming home through Morrisville, a farming service town in the Waikato, I took some photos for Muddy.

Not wanting to be out done the Deutz Fahr tractor dealer has a slightly bigger cow.