Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688574 times)

Offline Rural53

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2070 on: March 24, 2021, 01:14:11 AM »
Myanmar is what used to be known as Burma. It is north of Thailand. It is currently in the news as the military seized power from the democratically elected government on 1 February and there are major protests going on.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2071 on: March 24, 2021, 06:12:42 AM »
Myanmar is what used to be known as Burma. It is north of Thailand. It is currently in the news as the military seized power from the democratically elected government on 1 February and there are major protests going on.
Interesting,  thanks for the information.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2072 on: March 24, 2021, 07:49:54 AM »
I have 3 of the Ryobi kits and my shop guy has 2.  they have held up well for likely 5 + years. His Batteries are showing their age at this point as they get used everyday.  Don't know if they are brushless or not but that brushless label is more marketing benefit then real life benefit IMO

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2073 on: March 24, 2021, 08:38:59 AM »
I have 3 of the Ryobi kits and my shop guy has 2.  they have held up well for likely 5 + years. His Batteries are showing their age at this point as they get used everyday.  Don't know if they are brushless or not but that brushless label is more marketing benefit then real life benefit IMO
I thought it waa supposed to be a more efficient tool , but honestly it doesn't make much difference to me. I just know I'm going to miss the smell of burning Ozone  :))
I'm not adding other tools from the lineup because these are all I need, but I do want to add the belt clips to both of them, and I'd like to get just the charger by itself if I can so both can be charging at once.

My past experience with Ryobi has only been with a $20 Ryobi angle grinder, man that thing has taken a real beating over the last decade and is still going strong.
I can't tell you how many times I've dropped it on the shop floor.

If I'm not mistaken Ryobi actually used to make fishing Reels for Shakespeare back in the 70's.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 08:41:55 AM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline walrus

« Reply #2074 on: March 24, 2021, 06:11:00 PM »
Look at torque specs.  Not a gimmick

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2075 on: March 27, 2021, 10:43:38 AM »
Just looked out the kitchen window and there are 6 hot air balloons flying in the valley. The temperature is in the 20's and they love flying when it is cold. They fly in the valley because there is plenty of ranch land and open range to land on.

If you ever want a balloon flight with a gorgeous view fly here.

https://www.balloonnevada.com/
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 11:12:57 AM by DeadNutz »

Offline muddy

« Reply #2076 on: March 27, 2021, 07:47:12 PM »
Absolutely beautiful day here! Took my dad's motorcycle for a ride. Stopped at a model train swap meet/antique shop. Had chinese take out for supper and now relaxing by fire

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline walrus

« Reply #2077 on: March 28, 2021, 04:49:40 AM »
Got clic floor down in kitchen, after doing lower bath and entry way with these tiles I finally figured out how to do it. 1 by 2 ft tiles, get long side clicked in and then do short side. Will take these out after a few years and do a ceramic tile floor but for now....

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2078 on: March 28, 2021, 09:46:28 AM »
I put a lot of laminate flooring down in my rent houses. The looks is really nice and its easy to install. I actually enjoy doing it. and its not too pricy. easy enough to pull up and trash when needed.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2079 on: March 28, 2021, 06:20:20 PM »
Got a new grill boxed, did the some assembly required dance. Ready for next Saturday.
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2080 on: March 30, 2021, 06:13:25 PM »
Started the cleanup on the JC higgens model 29 ( dated 1/56 on the barrel ) and got the barrel polished in prep for the birchwood Casey super blue I ordered.

I'm getting ready to do the magazine tube next.

It needs more of the fire control group parts than I realized,  but I'll do my best to track them down, and regardless all be going through with refinishing it because I can use the practice.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2081 on: March 31, 2021, 06:15:44 PM »
Got to work this morning to find...

Offline muddy

« Reply #2082 on: March 31, 2021, 08:00:26 PM »
Got a new grill boxed, did the some assembly required dance. Ready for next Saturday.
Better see pictures of your steaks!

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline nelstomlinson

« Reply #2083 on: March 31, 2021, 11:51:57 PM »
Got to work this morning to find...
Rabbit pellets!?

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2084 on: March 31, 2021, 11:55:01 PM »