Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688655 times)

Offline muddy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2160 on: May 24, 2021, 09:30:30 PM »
Saturday I Put bedliner on my new to me grill table. We went to celebrate a friend's sons birthday. Sunday I BBQed some chicken.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 09:34:22 PM by muddy »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2161 on: May 25, 2021, 08:38:48 AM »
That is some tasty looking bird there Tim.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2162 on: May 25, 2021, 09:42:57 AM »
I am digging the grill resto.  Looks good

And the childrens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they look so innocent :))

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2163 on: May 25, 2021, 09:54:10 AM »

awe phil come on . we  know you mean get to work little tool thieves so the mudman will come tool shopping.  :97:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2164 on: May 25, 2021, 10:03:06 AM »

awe phil come on . we  know you mean get to work little tool thieves so the mudman will come tool shopping.  :97:

:)) :)) :)) LOL -- that's funny because I was thinkin' the same thing when I first read Phil's post. ----- Sam raiding dad's tools which necessitates a trip down to see uncle Phil.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2165 on: May 25, 2021, 11:29:29 AM »
Don't know much about FELs, but sure do love my forklift  :cool2:

And I know you know pressure washers. What is the least pressure out put a 3k psi pump can be turned down to/operate at?

Have vinyl siding needs a little clean up, want to use water, without a chemistry cleaner.

Thanks in advance

Pressure can be tuned down to hose garden hose Pressure

4ways to control pressure

1. Step back.  Pressure on surface drops dramatically over distance

2.  If it is a gas engine, slow down the motor.  It will pump less water and pressure will drop

3.  Use a nozzle with a bigger hole.  This will also drop pressure without dropping water volume.  This is my preferred method

4.  Turn the unloader knob counter clockwise,  pressure will drop as will volume.  Least favorite method as folks will overadjust the unloader when raising pressure causing too high of spike pressure when trigger is shut off

Note, it takes more pressure to clean if you don't use detergent and it is harder on your siding

Good stuff, it is gas driven, will try that one.  The unloader info was also helpful. Explanation, " high of spike pressure when trigger is shut off" .. thumbs up

Any suggestion for the detergent, lots of plants, I have cars she has plants .

Thoroughly wet down the vegetation and soil.

Apply detergent from bottom to top (avoids streaking)
allow 3 minutes or so of dwell time but don't allow soap to dry on surface
Detail wash from bottom to top from 6 to 8 inches  away, hitting every square inch just like you are spray painting
Rinse from top down

Use a house wash detergent preferrably from a pressure washer store, it may be labeled as a fleet truck

I wouldn't be too concerned about the plants if they are wetted down as long as you aren't using bleach.

Bleach is the new  big thing in house washing but I don't like it. It allows you to wash from the ground and get done quickly BUT, bleach is highly corrosive and can't be good for the house or your  lungs. I don't work on bleach machines, I hate it the much,

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #2166 on: May 25, 2021, 03:39:52 PM »
Just in case you are not aware, bleach is not registered with EPA for house cleaning.  So it is illegal to use it for that purpose--read the label.  This does not mean I don't use it, but be aware.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2167 on: May 25, 2021, 05:41:41 PM »

Thats too funny :))

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2168 on: May 27, 2021, 08:00:43 AM »
spent all day yesterday with my 3 sisters and my mom. we moved her to a skilled care facility. she was in the hospital for a few days nearly a month ago. we have been with her nearly 24/7 since then. she isn't getting any stronger  and what we were doing wasn't working . it was a willing move and she wants to get better and go home but i don't think it will happen.

she is 91 with some heart and kidney issues. just not quite sharp enough or strong enough to be alone.  my wife asked her how she liked it and said it was lonely there  but assed it was lonely at home too. she knows a few people there and hopefully in a short time get to know  everyone there as it is a small facility with around 30 residents.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2169 on: May 27, 2021, 09:16:29 AM »
spent all day yesterday with my 3 sisters and my mom. we moved her to a skilled care facility. she was in the hospital for a few days nearly a month ago. we have been with her nearly 24/7 since then. she isn't getting any stronger  and what we were doing wasn't working . it was a willing move and she wants to get better and go home but i don't think it will happen.

she is 91 with some heart and kidney issues. just not quite sharp enough or strong enough to be alone.  my wife asked her how she liked it and said it was lonely there  but assed it was lonely at home too. she knows a few people there and hopefully in a short time get to know  everyone there as it is a small facility with around 30 residents.

Sorry to hear that, Harlan.

My mother is also in assisted living right here locally but I don't know where. My one sibling has the power of attorney and doesn't share info with the rest of us. My mom has been in the home 4 years now but I didn't find out until last year - and then the Covid hit. So all I know is the little bits and pieces of story I get. I could get sad about it but what can you do?

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2170 on: May 27, 2021, 10:22:26 AM »
Harlan, sorry to hear about your Mom.  If she is a bit outgoing, she will make plenty of friends and won't be lonely.

Its hard to watch our parents deteriorate but visiting often gives them something to look forward too.  My Mom saw one of her children everyday and that helped her a lot.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2171 on: May 27, 2021, 12:42:55 PM »
Phil
One more question, is there a check valve in the detergent feed valve. I know the knurled knob controls flow rate.

Don't know much about FELs, but sure do love my forklift  :cool2:

« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 12:46:37 PM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2172 on: May 27, 2021, 01:43:30 PM »

Harlan, assisted living is a big change for parents after living in their own home for many years and by their own rules. I was fortunate to be able to spend almost every day with my mom and do hospice care for her final 7 months. Dad got along fine in the facility but was able to still drive when he wanted to. One year after mom passed we moved dad to a nice facility close to home and he had many lady friends who sat with him every day for meals and he got along well. I visited him most every day and took him to doctor appointments so I could give my sister the nurse the straight scoop. My sister and I also did his hospice care the final week.

As long as the facility has a good exercise plan, planned excursions, entertainment options and good food it can be a great deal. One thing I observed with the older folks is that while the food was important, the most important part of the day was dessert.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2173 on: May 27, 2021, 01:49:49 PM »
Yes there is a check ball and spring in the injector.  Its purpose is to keep water from flowing into your soap bucket when you are using high pressure.

The injector only pulls soap under low pressure, most machines that is the black nozzle.

Also,  the injector is directional, only works in one direction. Most have an arrow to show which way water flows through it

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2174 on: May 28, 2021, 07:36:20 PM »
Ready........ did not see a  flow direction indicator for the soap dispenser. Looking at both ends looks like a straight shot end too end. Guessing makes no difference, pick up in the middle. So tomorrow fierier it up see what happens. Have this PW for 20 years, was using it to clean ceder siding board by board, the vinyl siding will be a breeze.

Saw the truck wash, but they had house wash, so got that. Northern tool the supplier .

Pictures for you entertainment LOL

Thanks again for the info.

Greg

Yes there is a check ball and spring in the injector.  Its purpose is to keep water from flowing into your soap bucket when you are using high pressure.

The injector only pulls soap under low pressure, most machines that is the black nozzle.

Also,  the injector is directional, only works in one direction. Most have an arrow to show which way water flows through it
1776 ................... what happened!