Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688672 times)

Offline Rural53

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2190 on: June 04, 2021, 07:19:21 AM »
I then headed about an hour south to the avaiation museum at Ashburton. For a small town this museum had an impressive collection of aircraft.

Gloster Meteor

Mig 17

Harrier GR3

Flying Flea

I'll post the rest of the pictures later.

As Midnitemack lives a couple of miles outside Ashburton, I stopped and caught up with him for an hour or so. I had a snoop in his sheds. (I could tell you what was in them, but then I would have to kill you ).

Came back via the bridge over the Ashburton River that was closed due to the flooding over the weekend. One of the piers has sunk. Looks like it will be an interesting fix.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 07:27:52 AM by Rural53 »

Offline muddy

« Reply #2191 on: June 05, 2021, 10:03:32 PM »
Very cool Rural.

Today we payed our respects to a fellow club member. Then I stopped by the local fair grounds for the tractor pull. I showed up late so my dad pulled. He did pretty good. He's still learning lol.

Went to dinner with some friends.

Tomorrow we're headed to Woody's Crabshack in Maryland with Mandy's parents and the kids. I'm taking the bike.... So I'm getting off easy and not have to listen to the kids and in-laws for 2 hrs in a car :))

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2192 on: June 06, 2021, 09:08:30 AM »
Where is Woody's?

Enjoy

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2193 on: June 06, 2021, 06:47:47 PM »
We're having the master bathroom remodeled this week, so I was busy pulling out all the fixtures and devices I want to save. The spare bathroom could use the fixtures for parts, and I can polish up the chrome and brass fittings and make the spare bath a little more fancy.

By the way, you guys have the BEST Chinese restaurant I've ever been to in my entire life. (And I've been all over the country and Chinatown in San Fran). Chef Lee at Lake Anna. I know it's not right around the corner but dang I still have memories of eating there 2 years ago.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 06:51:11 PM by bonneyman »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2194 on: June 07, 2021, 12:00:36 AM »
All I did after cooking breakfast was check electronic devices I have dug out of the shop. I finally found a good DVD/VHS player that works great except even with new batteries the remote doesn't work. I hooked it up to a 52" plasma TV my sister gave me to get it out of her house she just sold. The wife and I sat there watching videos of me flying different planes from years past. The large sharp screen made watching me do aerobatics in a P-51 and flying Stearmans and Texans very enjoyable. Amazingly my flying was just as good today as when the tapes were made. :D

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2195 on: June 07, 2021, 12:38:05 PM »
Yeah I've been scrounging up and reusing old DVD players when I find them for cheap. We have a good collection of discs and I have no motivation to "upgrade" to streaming. So I have to keep an eye out for useable players and snag them when I find them.

So long as I get Toshiba players my original remote will work them (though not all the features will function on all units). Apparently all Toshiba players use the same basic programming so our remote will operate them.   :great:

Offline muddy

« Reply #2196 on: June 07, 2021, 09:32:05 PM »
Where is Woody's?

Enjoy
The town of North East

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2197 on: June 08, 2021, 07:40:56 AM »
Where is Woody's?

Enjoy
The town of North East

Thanks Tim, I will have to try them out

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2198 on: June 08, 2021, 07:44:34 AM »
George, thanks for the tip on Chef Lee

We are going to Lake Anna the end  of July

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2199 on: June 16, 2021, 10:32:07 PM »
Not me but contractors on one of the big projects in town that we are involved in. Last night they managed to drive a sheetpile through an 8" sewer rising main (pressure main) while excavating for a stormwater connection.  Their excuse is that it wasn't in the as built location. The only problem is, they laid the rising main and did the as built as part of this project 18 months ago. I would say they have less brains than a jellyfish but that would be insulting jellyfish.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2200 on: June 16, 2021, 10:34:59 PM »
They built it, provided the as builts then punched it,  :bravo_2:  That takes a special kind for sure.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2201 on: June 17, 2021, 01:20:00 AM »
Contractors are driving me to drink!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2202 on: June 17, 2021, 08:39:48 AM »
Getting my bachelor pad ready to put on the market.  3 BR, 2 Bath, 1700+ sq feet with detached single and three car garages.  Realtor thinks we should ask about 50-60K more than what I think it's worth, but in this market we'll see.
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2203 on: June 17, 2021, 10:42:19 AM »
Getting my bachelor pad ready to put on the market.  3 BR, 2 Bath, 1700+ sq feet with detached single and three car garages.  Realtor thinks we should ask about 50-60K more than what I think it's worth, but in this market we'll see.

That place would sell in an instant here no matter what price you listed it at. How come bachelor pad makes me think of waterbeds, mirrors and disco balls? :dance:

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2204 on: June 17, 2021, 10:43:52 AM »

Take their advice and make it a desirable looking as you can.  Good luck