Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688540 times)

Offline slip knot

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2205 on: June 17, 2021, 06:10:15 PM »
Around here the real estate market is going crazy, people buying houses for $30-50K over the asking price. If I hadn't just taken over a new gig at work I'd sell out and move.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2206 on: June 17, 2021, 06:26:19 PM »
One couple bought the 5ac property and big 2yr old house 2 properties away for $300,000 over asking price a couple of months ago for $1.6mil.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2207 on: June 17, 2021, 09:48:18 PM »
wow $300K over  thats crazy.

Our appraisal district is loving this. I'm sure my property taxes are going to skyrocket.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2208 on: June 21, 2021, 06:10:12 AM »
The Darkside have a thread called Dumbest thing you did this week, well it is Monday and I already posted in that thread before lunch!
The morning started with me sleeping in because I didn't plug my phone in and it went flat, so no alarm. I got some charge in it on the way to work. Then as I walked in the door at work my team leader rang me asking if I was at work or on site, he is based on a different site in town, wanting to discuss an issue on his site. I sat down at my desk to turn my computer on to confirm some info for him only to find no laptop on my desk. After saying several swear words I realise it is still sitting on my dining room table at home! So I had to do a quick trip home to get it. So between that and Monday morning meetings I achieved zip this morning.

:41:

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2209 on: June 23, 2021, 08:00:15 PM »
Around here the real estate market is going crazy, people buying houses for $30-50K over the asking price. If I hadn't just taken over a new gig at work I'd sell out and move.

And move where? i`ve been looking at Wyoming for years now and in the last month every propriety bar 3 is gone.
My place here in Puyallup is prolly around 650k but all the good places  to move too are gone or stupid expensive..
I`ve decided to just sit and wait and see what happens in the future.
The world is sure changing.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2210 on: June 23, 2021, 10:07:42 PM »
Middle America Jabber.

I gotta get away from the hurricanes and North Mexico mentality before I retire. Texas will be blue in a few years and thats not appealing either.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2211 on: June 24, 2021, 08:10:16 PM »
In Vermont for the weekend with some friends enjoying the beautiful landscape on the bikes

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #2212 on: June 25, 2021, 02:44:11 PM »
One of the crows that has been working over my garden finally caught lead poisoning today.  I'm always amazed at how smart they are, as they usually have a lookout.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2213 on: June 25, 2021, 06:22:52 PM »
One of the crows that has been working over my garden finally caught lead poisoning today.  I'm always amazed at how smart they are, as they usually have a lookout.

Last year I battled ravens building a nest in the barn. I'd tear it down and they would haul in more sticks to rebuild it. I finally soaked the nest with ammonia and left the open bottle of stinky stuff in there and it kept them away for a few days but they knocked the bottle out. After I tore down the completed nest again they went elsewhere.

I would of given them lead poisoning but they are protected with no open season and if my neighbors saw me do that it would be trouble.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2214 on: June 25, 2021, 10:04:50 PM »
Fort Ticonderoga and lake placid today

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2215 on: June 26, 2021, 08:13:45 AM »
Well that was totally random. Today I've been in Auckland about 160 miles away for the National Offroad Racing Association Exec meeting. I stopped at Gull Hampton Downs to fuel up on my way home. This is a self service fuel stop beside Hampton Downs  Motor Racing Circuit, about 20 miles south of Auckland and is the first place to fuel up out of Auckland, thus avoiding the 10c a litre Regional Fuel Tax and not one of the big four oil companies. Getting back in my ute to leave and I look across at the car beside me and it is my cousin with his wife and kids. They were returning home to Auckland  after a day at Lake Rotorua. Caught up with them for a bit before heading home.

Offline john k

« Reply #2216 on: June 26, 2021, 07:54:55 PM »
Been doing some finish work on my porch, needed a bit for tool.  Went 35 miles to check my stall in the antique mall, folks had bought enough stuff to cover the rent this month.  Stopped at a hardware store, got the tool, then bought $97 in groceries.   Closer to home got catfood at the farm supply store.  Then home, fitted another piece of paneling, now enjoying a nice sunset after the rains.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2217 on: July 02, 2021, 08:02:14 PM »
Watching the fires to the north and south of us. Lightning has been starting fires all week. Fire to the south is 2 days old and the fires to the north northeast are an hour old. Nothing moving our way fire wise though lots of strikes around us.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2218 on: July 02, 2021, 10:04:44 PM »
Causing traffic chaos .   Shut a 35,000 vehicle a day State Highway and detoured via local roads, this morning (Saturday) at 2:30am to set up 350T crane to lift 26m (85') concrete Super Tee beams into place. The beams weigh 47T (104,000lb) and ten need to be placed. The crane needs to be shifted between beam 5 and 6. Congestion is not as bad as I expected.

Photos are screen captures off video so aren't the greatest.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 10:08:11 PM by Rural53 »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2219 on: July 02, 2021, 10:09:41 PM »
Be careful with the fires. I've dealt with hurricanes and freezes but the fires really scare me. Aint much left when they come thru the neighborhood.

Been seeing the record high temps in the north west. and the fires just seem to follow right behind them