Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688645 times)

Offline Rural53

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2235 on: July 07, 2021, 06:14:51 AM »

BEST looking low rider EVER ...............!!!

Couldn't agree more. I'd love to have a drive of one. View of other profile.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2236 on: July 09, 2021, 07:45:31 PM »
Went to the airport for our Friday lunch and we do a pancake breakfast tomorrow morning. We are also doing our first Young Eagle flights for the kids in over a year. This afternoon I have been on fire watch as a thunderstorm came up the valley putting out plenty of lightning. I watched one strike start a fire in the hills to the south but I hope the rain helped damp it down. Earthquakes, fires and hope no floods or pestilence.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2237 on: July 09, 2021, 08:34:52 PM »
Were getting the floods here. I poured out 9.38 inchs of rain from the gauge, all since Sunday. 4.5 inches today alone.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 08:41:33 PM by slip knot »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2238 on: July 09, 2021, 08:48:39 PM »
The basin to the left of the building is a 10 million gallon emergency holding basin. its normally empty. In the past 2 days we've pumped 60 million gallons thru that basin and its still full. Probably be another two days before it goes empty. Had to take some pics for the non compliance reports. :040: figured I'd share.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2239 on: July 10, 2021, 01:46:57 PM »
Cut some tube, cut some plate, drill some holes. Assemble & weld up some dollies. When one end is lifted the dolly falls off.

Most likely will never be removed, for one I like it taller for tig welding. Instead of dragging the torch and foot peddle all over. Setting up a new position to weld.

Unlock the brake, rotate the table sit, back to work.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 02:34:43 PM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline muddy

« Reply #2240 on: July 11, 2021, 08:00:30 PM »
Poker run at the club today.

anonymous pictures website

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2241 on: July 12, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »
Poker runs, one of the favorite things I did riding. Sit out at a card stop. Seeing and hearing the bikes coming, live entertainment .

I have tried a few times to get these car people to set that up...... The best they can do is sit in a parking lot.

I'm guessing all that paint and chrome shit don't run real well.

Pathetic .......

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2242 on: July 12, 2021, 02:23:14 PM »
The car guys do several poker runs a year here pep. Leave Reno and go up to Lake Tahoe and down the mountain to our town. That is big with Hot August Nights.

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #2243 on: July 13, 2021, 09:00:31 AM »
We've got a couple of decent annual poker runs for cars around here as well.  Guess it all depends on the area.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2244 on: July 13, 2021, 08:07:12 PM »
Poker runs, one of the favorite things I did riding. Sit out at a card stop. Seeing and hearing the bikes coming, live entertainment .

I have tried a few times to get these car people to set that up...... The best they can do is sit in a parking lot.

I'm guessing all that paint and chrome shit don't run real well.

Pathetic .......
Yeah never saw much in sitting at a car shows, just like the bar hoppers.  Rather be out cruising and seeing the scenes

« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 08:08:44 PM by muddy »

Offline muddy

« Reply #2245 on: July 13, 2021, 08:10:00 PM »
The car guys do several poker runs a year here pep. Leave Reno and go up to Lake Tahoe and down the mountain to our town. That is big with Hot August Nights.
We've got a couple of decent annual poker runs for cars around here as well.  Guess it all depends on the area.
Poker runs for cars aren't that big around here. Actually I think I've see more horseback poker runs then car ones.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2246 on: July 14, 2021, 06:21:50 AM »
Poker runs for cars aren't that big around here. Actually I think I've see more horseback poker runs then car ones.

Should I buy a horse LMAO, horseback poker run that is rich .... :035:

Liked being at the card stop, riders drawing that was the fun.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2247 on: July 14, 2021, 02:26:51 PM »
Went to the range this morning to tune-up for my CCW renewal class on Saturday. I was the only person on the pistol side and 1 lady was on the rifle side. All the mags fed fine and I will use the Ruger for the quals as I'm more accurate with the P95 than my EDC Shield9. Renewal is 4hrs classroom and then to the guys personal range. Cost is $80 and if I get there 30 minutes early he will buy lunch. His new permitees have a full day of classroom.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2248 on: July 14, 2021, 06:17:50 PM »
Continuing Ed for renewal seems like a good idea. Here we just have to send in a check every 5 years.

I took a course a few years back and a ton of info had changed. compared to when I first took it 20ish years ago.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2249 on: July 16, 2021, 09:51:30 PM »
This is our view looking SSW this evening into Calif past the end of our valley in the Sierra Nevada. The Tamarack Fire was started July 4th and was only 37.5 acres this morning as firefighters have been watching it and letting it burn out the underbrush in the forest. The winds came up this morning and stirred the fire up and last report was 500 acres. At various times today you could see a pyrocumulus cloud forming above the fire but a shift in the wind is hiding it now.

There is another fire south of this one that was started by lightning on June 16 that they were letting burn and it is over 1000 acres now.