Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688661 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2018, 08:41:58 PM »
Happy Birthday Sam. Wow, 1 year old already.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2018, 09:05:34 PM »
happy b-day sam!

poor kid, looks like he didn't get any gifts!

from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2018, 09:07:19 PM »
soybean harvest started full bore today. knocked a load out last night and finished an 85 acre field today. looks like i may have another one ready for tomorrow.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2018, 11:00:01 PM »
Slow day at work so the boss has me do an oil change on his lady's car.  Trying to put the plug back in the alu oil pan I discover it is stripped. 

Oh shit....

In my tote are every spare plug we have fron junk engines so I start trying them until one rides in correctly and seals. 

Both from the Chevrolet family but different source countries so same thread but just a hair bigger to bite in the damaged pan.

We are relieved to have resolved that so easily.

Two years of carrying them around finally paid out.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2018, 04:54:01 PM »
Slow day at work so the boss has me do an oil change on his lady's car.  Trying to put the plug back in the alu oil pan I discover it is stripped. 

Oh shit....

In my tote are every spare plug we have fron junk engines so I start trying them until one rides in correctly and seals. 

Both from the Chevrolet family but different source countries so same thread but just a hair bigger to bite in the damaged pan.

We are relieved to have resolved that so easily.

Two years of carrying them around finally paid out.

I love it when things work out like that!
You carry a special tool or some handy helper you've made for years - then finally comes the time you can use it. So satisfying!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2018, 07:12:59 PM »
I Fixed an oscillating fan, just a quick 10 min job but I always like when my tools get called into action no matter how small the task.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2018, 08:36:35 PM »
happy b-day sam!

poor kid, looks like he didn't get any gifts!
Yeah right!!! You should see the pile of boxes in our recycling bin!
soybean harvest started full bore today. knocked a load out last night and finished an 85 acre field today. looks like i may have another one ready for tomorrow.
Wow, soybean harvest?!! Most guys have only begun chopping silage! Seems late this year. I would think here by mid October the combines will start rolling.

Have to ask Mandy what she thinks since she's in the fields every day.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2018, 09:07:51 PM »
I was in the shop all day until a neighbor called and said there was a fire in the ag fields across the road. Fourth or fifth fire in the last 3 weeks where the wheat or some grain was growing. The wind pushed it through the stubble very quickly and into the sagebrush. I drove down to the end of the road where the neighbors were gathered watching it. One neighbor was sitting on his big front end loader and said he was ready to cross the road and drive through the barbed wire fence and making a fire break if it started coming our way. I didn't think to take a pic until it was getting under control.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2018, 11:17:54 AM »
rain day, look out for pics!

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2018, 03:24:58 PM »
Had one of my favorite lunches today, fried egg plant and sweet pepper sandwiches. Wife says "Yuk food" so have to cook it myself.  How did I put up with it for 61 years???? 

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2018, 04:14:36 PM »
Had one of my favorite lunches today, fried egg plant and sweet pepper sandwiches. Wife says "Yuk food" so have to cook it myself.  How did I put up with it for 61 years????

None for me thanks...........
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline muddy

« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2018, 04:31:38 PM »
Actually kinda sounds good!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline slip knot

« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2018, 05:21:44 PM »
Fried eggplant is the bomb.  >:D

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »

I hear soybean farmers are taking a big hit with the tariff war with China. Hopefully it's not affecting you much, SK.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2018, 03:51:26 PM »
I began getting a headstart on my Halloween costume, I have found that a good scare is noteworthy and I get more trick or treaters than I might otherwise.

I made this from some thin sheet metal so wihile it's super flimsy and could bend like nothing ( it has the right look and is strong enough for a one time costume use ), it's still a thin piece of metal so I made sure there's not one single sharp edge.

I don't chase kids or anything, but I just like to have a really scary costume,
I probably go a bit overboard with the details many won't notice to just hand out candy, but thats how I am.
Too many people buy store bought costumes that are lame, and too many kids wear Spiderman and princess costumes.
It seems Halloween is becoming a bit too commercial and all the scare factor is fading away, so I always like to go all out with my costume.

Always lookin' to learn