Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688563 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2355 on: October 21, 2021, 08:33:06 PM »
My condolences Slipknot

You are blessed to have had a mentor.

Ray, looking gooooooood

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2356 on: October 22, 2021, 03:58:25 AM »
My condolences Slipknot

You are blessed to have had a mentor.

Ray, looking gooooooood

Offline muddy

« Reply #2357 on: October 22, 2021, 03:43:58 PM »

looks like a golden retreiver, one of my favorite breeds!

Yes, he is a golden retriever. He is about eighteen months old and still hasn't stopped growing!

Yeah he probably also won't grow out of the puppy energy for a long while Golden's tend to hold on to it for sometime lol

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline muddy

« Reply #2358 on: October 22, 2021, 03:46:09 PM »
Laid an old friend to rest this morning. He was my mentor in the cattle business and in life. I’m gonna miss him.
Sorry for your loss. Old farmers are one of a kind.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2359 on: October 22, 2021, 03:55:09 PM »
Went for a check up yesterday. Allowed to let the finger open to the air and no splint. Also start therapy. She makes no guarantee of having full function again but does say it looks like a good chance.

She very reluctantly released me for work "right hand only". Which we both understand is just for liability. If you didn't take my hand I'm gonna use it! :))

I'm going to take this week to get used to having it out in the open and get back into a early morning routine before returning to work November 1st.

Sitting out here watching the kids play the finger is cold. Makes it feel like it's 30 degrees out even though it's 65.

P.S. yes I trimmed the fingernail :))

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2360 on: October 22, 2021, 05:03:24 PM »
Looking good Tim. Time is on your side and nerves require lots of time to heal. Good luck getting back into a work routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2361 on: October 22, 2021, 07:59:05 PM »
Looks a bit better than that first pic :-\  Do the rehab thats prescribed. That will go a long way to getting function back.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2362 on: October 22, 2021, 08:08:12 PM »
You know Mudds that thought train "If you didn't take my hand I'm gonna use it! "
Can and in my case can cause a lifetime of regret.
Don`t be gungho do exactly as the Docs say.

It`s times like this i wish i could put an older head on younger shoulders.

Don`t make me use this.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 04:47:56 PM by jabberwoki »
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline walrus

« Reply #2363 on: October 24, 2021, 05:16:38 AM »
Should have asked the Dr is she could do her job without her dominant hand.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2364 on: October 25, 2021, 07:01:49 PM »
You know Mudds that thought train "If you didn't take my hand I'm gonna use it! "
Can and in my case can cause a lifetime of regret.
Don`t be gungho do exactly as the Docs say.

It`s times like this i wish i could put an older head on younger shoulders.

Don`t make me use this.
I know. I'm starting therapy tomorrow, I'm just the type that can't sit around when I believe I'm capable of doing it
Should have asked the Dr is she could do her job without her dominant hand.
That was one of the reasons she used for not sending me back yet.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2365 on: October 25, 2021, 07:08:47 PM »
It rained for over 30 hours straight ending around noon today. Never a heavy rain but a steady rain that soaked in the dry ground good until it started running off. I think we got about an inch and a quarter on our side of the valley where on the west side of the valley up against the Sierras they got over 3-1/2" overnight. Still a good start to our water year as last year we had barely over 4" the entire year.

This is the 4th snow on the mountains so far this month and they got dumped on. The snow level stayed about 600' above our place. I took some pics when I went to town today and the clouds cleared a little.
The first pic is Kingsbury Grade which is 7300ft elevation and the road we take to Lake Tahoe which is just on the other side of the mountains. 2nd pic shows the higher peaks just north of the grade which are higher.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2366 on: October 25, 2021, 07:32:06 PM »
It rained for over 30 hours straight ending around noon today. Never a heavy rain but a steady rain that soaked in the dry ground good until it started running off. I think we got about an inch and a quarter on our side of the valley where on the west side of the valley up against the Sierras they got over 3-1/2" overnight. Still a good start to our water year as last year we had barely over 4" the entire year.

This is the 4th snow on the mountains so far this month and they got dumped on. The snow level stayed about 600' above our place. I took some pics when I went to town today and the clouds cleared a little.
The first pic is Kingsbury Grade which is 7300ft elevation and the road we take to Lake Tahoe which is just on the other side of the mountains. 2nd pic shows the higher peaks just north of the grade which are higher.

Thanks for the pics Les. Let's hope the fires are done with now and that the watersheds are filling up. The west needs a heavy winter and lots of moisture to recoup from the drought. I saw a pic of lake Mead recently -- it looked like a pond.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2367 on: October 25, 2021, 07:56:44 PM »
I hope the rain/snow continues for y'all.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2368 on: October 25, 2021, 08:34:21 PM »

Thanks for the pics Les. Let's hope the fires are done with now and that the watersheds are filling up. The west needs a heavy winter and lots of moisture to recoup from the drought. I saw a pic of lake Mead recently -- it looked like a pond.

They actually said that there could be deep smoldering stumps and large diameter logs that can have 20' of snow on them this winter and flare up when the snow melts and winds kick up. Pretty amazing.

Lake Mead was the lowest I have ever seen it in 2007. Beaches we used spend the day on in the 60's and 70's as we took turns water skiing and swimming are far from the water now. Lost Wages has outgrown it's water supply years ago. They have tried to get permits to drain aquifers in other counties but keep getting denied thank goodness. The drought has been a big part of it and if the water intakes for the dam uncover due to low levels no turbines will be generating power. The city of LV already drilled a new lower intake tunnel so they can keep draining the lake.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2369 on: October 30, 2021, 10:14:06 PM »
Man Les, that's an amazing view.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?